DingDong

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne turbo, G63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It might be the first year build of the bronco in 2021, but it's not the first year they are using the 2.3 engine or the 10 speed atx. I would suspect itll be relatively reliable given the powertrain isnt new.
Engine and transmission are not the only two parts in the car.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

for me it depends the vehicle. we bought a first year of the volvo xc60 and haven't had any major issues. a lot of parts are shared with the xc90 which has been out for 2 years already and they have done proper testing of it versus non-premium cars. the bronco shares similar engines and transmissions and parts as other ford vehicles. but the best part is they really pushed and tested the bronco to the extremes. like rock crawling, high speed off road, extreme climates, and put lots of mileage while pushing the limits. if you did this type of testing with lets say a CRV, the CRV would be destroyed. thats why buying the bronco first year isn't that big of an issue for me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a lot more to a vehicle than those parts that are being carried over from other vehicles. There are hundreds of new parts being used in the Bronco and it is almost a certainty that there will be some issues that pop up. Maybe they're as minor as a squeak or rattle from under the dash or in the back, but as someone who has dealt with issues like that in the past by purchasing a first model year vehicle, I am very hesitant to ever do so again.
This is sort of like ingredients to cook something and it comes out awesome. Use those ingredients in something different and may not turn out so good.:(

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the cryptic Q&A sesh today I am now Firmly in the waiting till 2022 camp. I still fully intend on buying a Badlands model with a manual.
However, I’ll be waiting to see if there are any powertrain changes and if the manual will mate up to anything else besides the 2.3.
Sponsored