indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have an unusual definition of reliability if you don't consider component failure as impacting reliability. Ford is like most manufacturers in that their reliability can vary fairly significantly from model to model.

All manufacturers are generally quite reliable as compared to 30 years ago and I think reliability is generally over emphasized. However, you called first yr issues ”an old wives tale” and I was pointing out that there is data that shows otherwise.
Yep, for example Jeep had some issues with frame welds on some of the first year JL Wranglers. Things can happen with implementation of a new process.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My interest in the Bronco relates to nostalgia from my teenage years in the '80s. I always loved the convertible Broncos and Blazers (and why I'm getting a MT). I'm now middle aged. I've been waiting long enough. There's no question in my mind about getting a first year model.
I always wonder what it was like living in the dark ages without the internet, but I digress.

My Truck's first year, it's fine, so I don't see a problem with it

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoFanGirl

Black Diamond
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sad that FE is not available in Canada, but I guess the next best thing is I'll be able to say mine is one of the first year of the return of Bronco...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whoa, that's too awesome, gonna watch the video once I get home.

Still, definitely retro and seeing the graphics reminds me of my old consoles back in the day (Sega)
Graphics, color monitors, ha ha, our choices were buy a green screen monitor or amber, color came along later. Printers - think dot matrix. Modems - suction cups to the phone handset.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
it all depends, I am waiting for the official ordering to see if I can spec out a Bronco the way I want it. I am hoping the info available right now isn't correct, as the info I have now won't let me build it the way I want. I am ok buying the first year model, but only if I can build it my way, if I can't I'll wait as long as it takes.

I want bronco, but don't need it, and not going to pay over 50 grand for something I am not happy with. If not a Bronco might buy a GT500

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be getting back from a 365 day deployment in April 2022, so I'm waiting until then.
Take advantage and order it through the military overseas car sales since they order directly through Ford that's how I got my fusion and saved a few K's that way and got everything I wanted in the car

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First year bugs are overhyped. Anything that’s actually a big problem won’t be solved for 3-4 years. 95% of small problems will be covered and fixed. If not to your satisfactory, you can send it back as a lemon.
you’re to be pissed seeing people driving around and the car you want while you’re waiting.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Being that Ford is using mostly parts that have already been out and used in other Vehicles like their Ecoboost engines which is huge ill gladly take the first year in this instance.

Now if it was coming out with a new engine thats never been tested then I would wait. But it's not. Heck even the frame is from the Ranger. Its all good.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ordered "first run" vehicles before including an F-150 release and EVERY time I have had issues and said that I wouldn't do it again. They haven't been major, but enough that I was frustrated and decided it wasn't worth it to be one of the first.

I reserved the Bronco on release night... Oops. Haha

Most issues will show themselves while warranty is still valid or will be a recall that Ford covers anyway.

That being said, if I didn't have a reservation already, I would wait since new reservations aren't going to ship until closer to 2022 anyway... And in that situation, I would even consider waiting a couple of years and picking up a used one. You know...try to be responsible for once and follow every financial expert's advice... But what's the fun in that?!
Sponsored