Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE as of 8 June 2022:

After having gone to Hono Ford 2 times to fix my order that they changed. It was changed again on 6 June to an Outer Banks. So today I went in to figure out what was going on and they had no real answers. They said they had no idea how or why this was happening. So I asked them to cancel my order. There was a lot more discussion but at this point it doesn't really matter.

I'll get a Bronco in a few years when all this stuff settles down but at this point I can't keep driving to the dealership every couple of months to have them put my order back to what I originally ordered. I'd like to tell you guys that my 7/24/2020 reservation will be pulled and moving you all closer to the head of the line, but the truth is that they probably won't cancel the order and only refund my money, which I am fine with.

Good luck to all and I'll still be on forums because someday there will be a Bronco in my driveway, just not in 2022 šŸ˜³

UPDATE as of 23 April 2022:

4/16 - I went to dealer and they provided no explanation to the change but they acknowledged it. Working through a different salesperson they changed my order back and I received immediate notification from Ford and I got a copy of the purchase order that I signed as correct. Checked the site later that day and all was correct except they added $5995 in dealer markups to my order in @Ford Motor Company Ford's system.

4/23 (Today) - Received email notification that my order was updated and logged in to find that they changed my order to a Wildtrak again. This time they kept the A51 color instead of the Cactus Gray that they changed it to last time. Maybe thinking I wouldn't notice the trim change if the color is the same on my reservation page.

So now it's clear at least to me that these guys are going to keep changing my order behind my back and hope for a build before I catch it. I think my only real option is to cancel my order and buy a couple years from now when I can pick one off the lot at a different dealer. I could try shifting my order to a different dealer but that's no longer allowed. If you guys have viable ideas then let them rip and if you want to post some reviews on my behalf then that would be great. These guys are doing similar things to others.

(ORIGINAL POST)

BLUF: Need some forum justice to call Honolulu Ford out on their actions. So if you're willing to post a review then I'd appreciate it. Just want people on the island to know how this dealership does business.

Checked my @Ford Motor Company reservation only to find that Honolulu Ford changed my order from a $42K BD to a $60K WT. I am a 7/24 Res holder with an initial order if 3/5/2021. So far:
1. Texted & Called my Honolulu Ford sales rep - Ghosted
2. Called Ford - Got the sorry there is technically nothing we can do. Call Honolulu Ford and ask for manager or Ford rep.
3. Texted & Called rep again - Ghosted
4. Called Honolulu Ford and asked for manager - in a meeting; Ford rep - not in the office; Sales rep - voicemail
5. Texted Sales rep again - He responded he will look into it. (That was almost a week ago).
6. Texted & Called Sales rep multiple times - Nothing.

I've already visited this dealer multiple times to look at Broncos they had that someone passed on. Each time their markup is 12K or more. All the dealers in HI are marking up 10K-20K at this point so this is no surprise at this point. Yes I have a signed agreement for the BD with a $1,900 markup that I agreed to pay because this is HI and I got no problem.

I'll do my best to salvage my order. Thanks and hope those still waiting have better luck. Check your order often for changes!
Ford Bronco Throwing in the Towel (Update) Stolen Order - Honolulu Ford Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.59.26 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Positive outlook to this story is you haven't been assigned a VIN yet, so you can still make changes to your build. Lets hope this was just them accidently changing your order when they meant to make those changes for someone else. Go to them in person and don't leave until you talk to the manager and get it resolved

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they don't agree to anything, you need to put that order on a 99 (do not build) status until they do agree.
Can that be done without them or do I have to go through the dealership for that?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One problem is if you change the model back to a BD, you lose price protection. Should be on them.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very strange. The change was made April 5th. I see no reason why they would just do it on a whim. Itā€™s not like they gain anything from it since Ford definitely can and will penalize them for modifying a customers order. Not saying you didnā€™t initiate it but itā€™s just suspicious to me you had a post prior about upgrading to a loaded Badlands and even had a build change reflecting that in 2021 order

Iā€™ll look into it on my end and see who insisted the change because this is very very unusual and doesnā€™t just happen.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would go in and see if they can change it back to a BD. Should be able to since you don't have a VIN. If they refuse then that's when you can light them up. Could have been an accident or misunderstanding.

Did you not get an email from Ford when they placed the 2022 order? At a minimum you should have gotten that PDF attachment that shows what was ordered.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would go in and see if they can change it back to a BD. Should be able to since you don't have a VIN. If they refuse then that's when you can light them up. Could have been an accident or misunderstanding.

Did you not get an email from Ford when they placed the 2022 order? At a minimum you should have gotten that PDF attachment that shows what was ordered.
The 22 order was initially placed as a Black Diamond, the same as his initial 2021 order. His order before the 2022 switchover was for a Badlands (he switched his 2021 Black Diamond to a Badlands in the summer of 2021). The changes to a Wildtrak 9 days ago would be entirely random

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very strange. The change was made April 5th. I see no reason why they would just do it on a whim. Itā€™s not like they gain anything from it since Ford definitely can and will penalize them for modifying a customers order. Not saying you didnā€™t initiate it but itā€™s just suspicious to me you had a post prior about upgrading to a loaded Badlands and even had a build change reflecting that in 2021 order

Iā€™ll look into it on my end and see who insisted the change because this is very very unusual and doesnā€™t just happen.
Not sure what day the change was made. I found it last week. Yup very strange. Never did I order or even discuss a WT so this is on them.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what day the change was made. I found it last week. Yup very strange. Never did I order or even discuss a WT so this is on them.
It was April 5th I looked up the order history

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3/5/21 order date with a soft top and still no Bronco and not even a VIN? Ford Hawaii is wild
Sponsored