Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pitter-patter Ford. Alternative fun vehicles are coming up. Get your act together on your production. New Toyota Forerunner next year. Here are a couple of other intriguing options too.
Ford Bronco Tick-Tock Ford 6D504614-61F3-42CC-98F5-A714FC7E7F8B
Ford Bronco Tick-Tock Ford 6F0FEBB6-0077-4E86-80EA-011309A18605
Sponsored

Last edited:

A1A

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

actually, the Bronco is my interim ride until the Grenadier comes to the US next Summer....I have a day one reservation...

converting British pounds to dollars, it looks like around $80k, plus shipping/delivery and tax, loaded with what I want.

can't wait for Decemberish for pricing to be announced...

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

actually, the Bronco is my interim ride until the Grenadier comes to the US next Summer....I have a day one reservation...

converting British pounds to dollars, it looks like around $80k, plus shipping/delivery and tax, loaded with what I want.

I have an early reservation as well. Betting I get it before my Bronco reserved in 2020.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What does "loaded with what I want" mean . . . what are the intriguing features of this vehicle?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not so sure about that Grenadier, I think it comes on 32's or maybe 33's. Lore is that it is named after a pub in London, but don't be fooled, it is actually a French car (made in France) and sports a BMW 6 cylinder engine, so I would argue that it is more French/German than British. But I suppose its design and pedigree is British since it was initially supposed to be a replacement for the earlier model Land Rover Defender.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does "loaded with what I want" mean . . . what are the intriguing features of this vehicle?
Many things one would expect. Low range, front/rear lockers, gas or turbo diesel engines. Heavy duty solid front and rear axles. The one stand out is towing. Greater than 7000 pounds. This is what the new Land Rover Defender should have been.

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not so sure about that Grenadier, I think it comes on 32's or maybe 33's. Lore is that it is named after a pub in London, but don't be fooled, it is actually a French car (made in France) and sports a BMW 6 cylinder engine, so I would argue that it is more French/German than British. But I suppose its design and pedigree is British since it was initially supposed to be a replacement for the earlier model Land Rover Defender.
German design company. Same one that designs and builds the G-wagon. Built in a former Mercedes plant. Super high-tech one at that. They’ll still subcontract and build Mercedes EVs too.

I think the Scout in EV format might be fantastic is done well.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
German design company. Same one that designs and builds the G-wagon. Built in a former Mercedes plant. Super high-tech one at that. They’ll still subcontract and build Mercedes EVs too.

Great information , thanks . . . and I agree with what you are saying, it will be very interesting to see how the Scout materializes.

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OB 2 dr, 22 sport badlands, '22 F150 rcsb
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

viewed the 2B prototype today and it was impressive even in that form. deliveries Q4 of next year for this launch model. double cab pickup and 7 passenger version based on an 11 inch stretch to the wheelbase to 126 inches as well as alternative fuel powertrains in the works for future. no diesel to north america although one was considered for mexico but the market was judged to be too small. north american allocation will be around a third of the 30k to 40k annual production.

Last edited:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pitter-patter Ford. Alternative fun vehicles are coming up. Get your act together on your production. New Toyota Forerunner next year. Here are a couple of other intriguing options too.
New 4Runner won't have removeable roof or doors. Grenadier has a BMW powertrain, so that will put the grenade in Grenadier, AND a high price tag. Scout is going to be full EV and that isn't going to work for most offroaders. The Bronco is meant to go up against the Jeep. No one who wants a Bronco will cancel to pay more for a BMW powered thing (if so the would just get a Defender) or an EV. I don't think Ford is losing sleep over this.

Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4runner is rumored for 2023 but might not be here until 2024. The current one just doesn't have the ground clearance or approach/breakover/departure angles that Wranger/Bronco has though.

Same with the Tacoma. Just adding a aftermarket bumper to them requires cutting into the body colored fenders/bumper since they weren't designed with off roading market in mind first. Will Toyota change that with a new release? Doubt it. An out the door price of base bronco sas on 35s, will be more expensive to replicate on a 4runner (think regearing the rear diff for example).

Toyota would need to bring back the FJ Cruiser on the new TNGA platform IMO. But with the chip shortage and supply chain issues affecting literally every industry across the board (not just car manufacturers), it wont happen any time soon.

The Grenadier though, super sexy. I was tempted to put in a preorder too. But with a small volume imported car, i had doubts on how easy it was to get parts as well as aftermarket support due to the small quantities that would be sold in the US. Ford has dealerships everywhere and after the pandemic is done, i'd bet money that Bronco parts will be easier to obtain 10-20 years down the road once these vehicles reach end of life.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is starting to sound more like an ad for the grenadier

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4runner is rumored for 2023 but might not be here until 2024. The current one just doesn't have the ground clearance or approach/breakover/departure angles that Wranger/Bronco has though.

Same with the Tacoma. Just adding a aftermarket bumper to them requires cutting into the body colored fenders/bumper since they weren't designed with off roading market in mind first. Will Toyota change that with a new release? Doubt it. An out the door price of base bronco sas on 35s, will be more expensive to replicate on a 4runner (think regearing the rear diff for example).

Toyota would need to bring back the FJ Cruiser on the new TNGA platform IMO. But with the chip shortage and supply chain issues affecting literally every industry across the board (not just car manufacturers), it wont happen any time soon.

The Grenadier though, super sexy. I was tempted to put in a preorder too. But with a small volume imported car, i had doubts on how easy it was to get parts as well as aftermarket support due to the small quantities that would be sold in the US. Ford has dealerships everywhere and after the pandemic is done, i'd bet money that Bronco parts will be easier to obtain 10-20 years down the road once these vehicles reach end of life.
2023 4runner didn't change
2023 Toyota 4Runner: Preview, Pricing, Photos, Release Date (carsdirect.com)

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad Toyota is taking their sweet time. An updated interior similar to new Tundra would be amazing.
Toyota is the king of taking their sweet time. They still make the FJ Cruiser in the middle east exactly the same as 2010 😂
Sponsored