Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do the above stronger tie rods work with the standard steering rack or does it have to be upgraded as well?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the above stronger tie rods work with the standard steering rack or does it have to be upgraded as well?
I recall @flip said they do have the same threads at the rack end.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, but we really don't know that the center is TRUE....we hope it is. once I rip the old weak 12 mm ones off I'm going to put them in a clamp and or press and see if they deformed or break when pressure is applied end to end ....
What are you going to replace them with?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So are there aftermarket tie rods that are beefier or are Heims the only option currently available? I get my coilovers, new upper control arms and real lower links put on next week and with the 3.5” of lift I worry about my tie rods a lot more after reading thru the 25 pages of this thread.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So are there aftermarket tie rods that are beefier or are Heims the only option currently available? I get my coilovers, new upper control arms and real lower links put on next week and with the 3.5” of lift I worry about my tie rods a lot more after reading thru the 25 pages of this thread.
I would just put some JKS sleeves on for now until it is understood that the new Rack and/or TRE work well.

CBWAR1

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am thinking that the initial damage was done at the service location. The rod appears to have a slight bend and that could have weakened the end of the threads that caused it to break clean.

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] BRTR

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am thinking that the initial damage was done at the service location. The rod appears to have a slight bend and that could have weakened the end of the threads that caused it to break clean.

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] BRTR
yeah I think so too. It’s too weird that it happened right after it came back…

I’m just glad it’s all fixed now. Plus I got the sleeves in the mail a few days ago. Just need to install them!!

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time to upgrade!!! Get the Fabtech tie rods!!!
It's outrageous that anyone should have to buy aftermarket tie rods for a vehicle that is built for off-roading. Very disappointing to hear this, on top of all the other news about Bronco quality issues.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's outrageous that anyone should have to buy aftermarket tie rods for a vehicle that is built for off-roading. Very disappointing to hear this, on top of all the other news about Bronco quality issues.
Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] IMG_20221115_172248

This is the way.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its built as a hybrid. Its the comforts of off and on road, If I was looking for a true off road capable vehicle it wouldve been a jeep,hands down.

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its built as a hybrid. Its the comforts of off and on road, If I was looking for a true off road capable vehicle it wouldve been a jeep,hands down.
True, but it should still have more durable suspension parts than virtually any other vehicles besides maybe Wranglers.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Niceeeee!! How is it so far?
So I ended up forgetting my J2534 adapter in Corpus Christi last weekend and was in San Angelo, so I couldn't get it done. Hopefully I can get it done next weekend.

BTW, with all the driving I do, sometimes I lack the motivation to really get after it some days. 48k miles in the past year.
Sponsored