Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with an earlier post. The tie rod was subjected to earlier trauma. Anyone else drive this Bronco? Not fessing up to smacking a curb rather hard? Did they test drive it at the dealership or lift the vehicle for the recall work? The bend in the tie rod occurred before it snapped in your driveway. Fortunate it snapped then and not on the road.
as I said earlier I’m being completely truthful. No curb smacking has happened unless someone stole it in the dead of night and took it for a joy ride. The dealership idea might be correct though, they did do an inspection so maybe they lifted it up and something happened? I’m not sure but I am sure that I’m telling the truth.

I get where you’re coming from though with being suspicious (people always tell major stories and leave out key details) but I promise I’m telling you everything that I’ve done!!
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
as I said earlier I’m being completely truthful. No curb smacking has happened unless someone stole it in the dead of night and took it for a joy ride. The dealership idea might be correct though, they did do an inspection so maybe they lifted it up and something happened? I’m not sure but I am sure that I’m telling the truth.

I get where you’re coming from though with being suspicious (people always tell major stories and leave out key details) but I promise I’m telling you everything that I’ve done!!
You left out the trip to Moab.....This is crazy. People rock crawl in 4 wheel low on rocks with these things. You hit a small patch of concrete and it broke. I believe you but wow.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Were you completely stopped when turning the wheels? Looks like a squatch with wide tires. Lots of friction there if not rolling forward or backward while turning.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I never doubted you, just wondered if someone else had the opportunity to drive the Bronco and maybe had a mishap which they failed to admit.

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Were you completely stopped when turning the wheels? Looks like a squatch with wide tires. Lots of friction there if not rolling forward or backward while turning.
yes I was! but I don’t have sas. I’ve got the 33 inch stock tires on the BD. Maybe that was the problem?

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never doubted you, just wondered if someone else had the opportunity to drive the Bronco and maybe had a mishap which they failed to admit.
oh I see sorry for being defensive!!! That’s a thought but no one else has driven it except me and the dealer?

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what the... No lift or anything?

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you have an alignment done on it already (judging from the marks)? Was there a reason?

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my previous vehicles was an H3, which was also notorious for breaking inner tie-rods (and front diffs, and steering racks). The most common way was when the front tire was spinning and then caught traction in a way to make the wheel change direction. You can see this on the Bronco video in Hollister in the log obstacle and the infamous H2 video from years back.

From the pic it looks like the front passenger wheel was spinning. Guessing you were in 4A and maybe traction control kicked in transferring power to front driver tire which was on concrete, torquing that wheel and snapping the TRE. Just my guess based on the pic.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or upgrade to a real front axle. ;)
FrontLiveAxleLr.jpg
Exactly when has anyone considered a Dana 30 a "real front axle"?

Back to the topic at hand,
That's rather insane. Even with wider tires, without a lift, I wouldn't expect any kind of excess stress to be put on the inner tie rod. 33s aren't that much bigger than stock tires. There has to be more to this. Whether the OP knows it or not, someone has to have done something dumb to the Bronc at some point.
Or maybe we have yet another recall in the future...
Sponsored