Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE: Replaced under warranty. All good now!! Thank you to huntersville ford!!

Well what I thought would never happened happened.

I just got my babe back from getting the recalls done on it and literally not even an hour after having it back I was turning around in my driveway and the tie rod snapped :). Iā€™m completely stock with 33s!

I thought tie rods were only snapping on off roading conditions but I guess not! This sucks

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] FD7E7E17-FE95-4FA0-843C-05B2A2256472

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] 16A3ED21-4B53-4465-AC7F-FAEE98F0FD02

More info/answer:

I agree with an earlier post. The tie rod was subjected to earlier trauma. Anyone else drive this Bronco? Not fessing up to smacking a curb rather hard? Did they test drive it at the dealership or lift the vehicle for the recall work? The bend in the tie rod occurred before it snapped in your driveway. Fortunate it snapped then and not on the road.
as I said earlier Iā€™m being completely truthful. No curb smacking has happened unless someone stole it in the dead of night and took it for a joy ride. The dealership idea might be correct though, they did do an inspection so maybe they lifted it up and something happened? Iā€™m not sure but I am sure that Iā€™m telling the truth.

I get where youā€™re coming from though with being suspicious (people always tell major stories and leave out key details) but I promise Iā€™m telling you everything that Iā€™ve done!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tough break. Sorry to hear this

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can clearly see, from the tracks in the lawn, that you were off road. JK. That sucks.

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did it get caught on the concrete slab?

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tie Rod support sleeves make more and more sense.

I've been scared away from these by the "it will transfer force something even more costly to replace" voices. I may go ahead and get them put on.

HOW can these break on a driveway even in 4X4??

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did it get caught on the concrete slab?
thats what Iā€™m thinking mustā€™ve happened but this is the concrete slab in question:

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] 76C55112-8466-45F0-98DA-A78534FEC4B9

If tie rods are snapping under as little stress than this then I donā€™t even know what to say :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tie Rod support sleeves make more and more sense.

I've been scared away from these by the "it will transfer force something even more costly to replace" voices. I may go ahead and get them put on.

HOW can these break on a driveway even in 4X4??
yep! Once I get mine back Iā€™m putting the braces on mine. Learn from my mistakes!!
Sponsored