Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always been a ford truck purchaser , have had many f150’s , F350’s and a bronco all brand new .All have been very good quality and dependable, no issues with stupid little things that you’d expect wouldn’t get passed the development , inspection , and off for delivery stage .It seems ford really rushed this bronco and have dropped the ball in many areas of it .My 2013 f150 is still like new with 0 issues so no need for a new truck or SUV 4x4 anytime soon but unless ford gets their shit together on this bronco in the coming years it’ll be a phev tacoma or four runner for next purchase .
yeah I told my mom it had happened and she was like “this is why I never buy ford!!!!!”:( It sucks because the bronco has been amazing so far and of course the one issue it’s had has to be something pretty serious like this
Sponsored

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, that sucks, what trim do you have? 33" tires are only on the Badlands with yellow Bilstein shocks.

Did you or the dealer upgrade to 33" tires? Did they test drive and do and alignment? What size wheels are you running, stock for your trim or upgrades?

@TeocaliMG can you give us any insight from a Ford suspension engineer's perspective?
nope as far as I know my BD came stock with 33s but I did upgrade to the other rims other than the black Steelies. I haven’t done anything with the tires except I got a new tire a month ago because mine had a massive nail in it

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nope as far as I know my BD came stock with 33s but I did upgrade to the other rims other than the black Steelies. I haven’t done anything with the tires except I got a new tire a month ago because mine had a massive nail in it
Was it the front drivers tire? Maybe something happened then.

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it the front drivers tire? Maybe something happened then.
Nail was in the back right. Maybe when they did the tire rotation something happened? Who knows

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond comes stock with 32s (really 31.7s).

Sounds to me like someone fucked it up while they swapped tires/rims.

Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the bright side happening in your driveway turning around is much better than it snapping hitting a bit of a pot hole at 70 mph . Stay safe 👍😃

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Black Diamond is 32" stock.

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] 1597953595300

Attachments

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nail was in the back right. Maybe when they did the tire rotation something happened? Who knows
yeah, maybe. Manufacturing defect is top of my list of probably causes.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i have a stock bd on 33s. i beat the shit out of it, no issues.

agree with others it's manufacturing issue. i put 33s on mine, so if yours has it someone changed if from the grabbers. so there's that angle too.

tie rod reinforcements were on my list. now i'm fn paranoid and ordered the jks kit. thanks..

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man, this stinks - so sorry. While I'm glad it happened in the comfort of your own driveway, and not on the highway, school zone, or out in the boonies off-roading, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that these tie rods can't handle something as simple as a turn in a driveway without something snapping. This would leave some of us out in no-mans-land without a chance of survival. I often go hit trails by myself in my ZR2 as a way to decompress and experience nature - not rock crawling or anything crazy, just fire trails and such.. and it has never crossed my mind that anything worse than a flat tire could happen. To think that a tie rod end could snap like this on something as tame as a concrete pad - is not good.