Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the sleeve idea because it is inexpensive and simple. I believe it should give increased stability and strength to the weak spot in the tie-rod. However, here is my concern with sleeves. After installing and driving hundreds or thousands of miles in dust, dirt, sand and mud, all this will collect in between the sleeve and the tie-rod and directly on the threads. Then if/when adjustments need to be made, all that grit and gunk will mess up the threads and possibly bind making adjustments very difficult.

Could an o-ring be placed at the top of the threads on the tie-rod and prevent dirt getting to the threads? Or some sealant be placed in the gap?

Thoughts?
Great install video here. Goes over your concerns as well.

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any tie rods or other steering components break with broncbuster or any of these installed? I know there has been speculation of transferring force and breaking other parts but has that actually been observed?

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any tie rods or other steering components break with broncbuster or any of these installed? I know there has been speculation of transferring force and breaking other parts but has that actually been observed?
Can only vouch for the brace but no broken tie rods to date and I take my bronco out to play. No lift either … just sitting with a stock BL Sasquatch setup so no changes to geometry.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncbuster had problems with his steering rack afterward, but he was wheeling really hard. There is a youtube video of this.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just ordered a pair of the chaos braces. I know it won't void warranty (because they won't be on there if I take it to the dealer).

I'm personally starting to think there's just some bad engineering, or bad QA in the development of the tie rods. The idea that these are a "fuse" is ridiculous. Fuses are used for safety, snapping a tie rod and losing the ability to steer is about as far from safe as you can get.

Maybe someone just needs to make some chromoly inners or something.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great install video here. Goes over your concerns as well.

I bit the bullet and just drove up to Preston and bought the BroncBuster braces with their 25% off deal. Spent an hour talking to Talon and Austin. Great guys!

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must have mod if you off-road. The inner tie rods are cheese. Carry a spare as well.

I did some high speed stuff with some mild jumps with the JKS and the tie rods survived just fine.
Awesome to hear, I have the JKS as well (that is actually my Bronco on their product page) I just haven't yet given it a good go yet off-road. Still think I'll carry a spare so I can get home if anything goes south!

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang, looks like I missed the sale.
I'd assume they're testing some price elasticity due to decreased sales. The currrnt retail price is higher than they originally stated they'd be. There's alot more competition now. I'd assume they drop the price or run more sales in the future. I bought a set on sale at $300 but that's the top of the retail mark, IMO.

Sponsored

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bit the bullet and bought the Tie Rod “buster brace” during the sale. Cheap insurance on the Rubicon trail for $298.50. What I can’t grasp is how they can charge $349 for that little bushing! 🤔
I’m a Stock Badlands Sasquatch so I probably don’t need it anyway.
However the rear shock skids may be in my future…

Ford Bronco Tie Rod Sleeve / Brace -- Aftermarket Upgrade Replacement List ACDEA067-C0EA-48E8-AE22-97BB79C75684

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you guys are worried about voiding the warranty, then get the broncbuster or chaos. If your steering rack breaks, just unbolt the braces and send the car to the dealer......

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered the Broncobuster ones. I'll report back after install

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered the Broncobuster ones. I'll report back after install
Very easy. I did mine 3 days ago. The side you are working on, turn the wheel all the way outward, it makes access easier. I added Blue Locktite to the bolts.
Ford Bronco Tie Rod Sleeve / Brace -- Aftermarket Upgrade Replacement List BroncoBuster

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Broncbuster had problems with his steering rack afterward, but he was wheeling really hard. There is a youtube video of this.
Also, I would add, having walked around their trucks, they are highly lifted vehicles which also contributes to that change in angle on the tie rod as it sits inside the steering box thingy. And contributes to the need for that bushing to keep the angle from damaging the steering box thingy. At least that is what I over heard him talking about to someone at Supercell when I bought my set of braces which I have installed.

I think highly of the fact Ford may have under engineered that particular area on the truck, so yea, beefing it up with a brace of sorts is a good idea. I certainly did. And since I do not do crazy trail stuff in my truck, and doubt I ever will... Or am I going to lift it crazy angle wise, I did not purchase that sleeve insert. And I'm ok with that.
Sponsored