Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So- before I make a decision is there a real difference in quality between the bronco buster and the kid choas brace?

$289 vs $398

The bronco buster looks higher quality imo, but looks can be deceiving. Just curious if its worth the extra Benjamin or not.
Pass on both, get some JKS braces and wait for an actual upgraded part. $300 band aid is a $300 band aid.
Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So- before I make a decision is there a real difference in quality between the bronco buster and the kid choas brace?

$289 vs $398

The bronco buster looks higher quality imo, but looks can be deceiving. Just curious if its worth the extra Benjamin or not.
I got the Bronco Buster on sale. I'd wait until their next sale and grab them. I'd assume they're going to continue to run sales or drop the price due to competition. They are artificially high right meow.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$289 vs $398

BroncBuster clamps on with no worries about messing up your alignment. Not a concern to some, but it was a factor to me. With the $100 discount code that was offered, BroncBuster was the same price as kid chaos so the decision was easy.

Deleted member 43293

BroncBuster clamps on with no worries about messing up your alignment. Not a concern to some, but it was a factor to me. With the $100 discount code that was offered, BroncBuster was the same price as kid chaos so the decision was easy.
Does the Kid Chaos mess up alignment? It looks like its a similar bolt on that would not effect anything differently. Im leaning towards the BroncBuster at this point mainly because I have heard good things and they are also more aesthetically pleasing. The kid chaos ones look 3d printed lol

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Kid Chaos mess up alignment? It looks like its a similar bolt on that would not effect anything differently. Im leaning towards the BroncBuster at this point mainly because I have heard good things and they are also more aesthetically pleasing. The kid chaos ones look 3d printed lol
My bad. Kid Chaos is bolt on as well.

Sponsored

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kid chaos looks way better as if they put some thought into the appearance. They are a solid upgrade. It comes powder coated black as well. I have a buddy who wishes he got the kid chaos Buckin barz like me instead of the bronco busters. Kid chaos is just like the broncobusters except it's not a giant rectangle with no eye appeal. Broncobuster put way less effort into their design. They are actually ugly and look generic.

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

$289 vs $398

Only difference is bronco buster looks generic. Just a rectangle block of aluminum. Kid chaos put more effort into looks.

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone ran the rc HD sleeves? I put some on yesterday and half laughed at the design as reinforcement is minimal, it's a sleeve. But I could see it helping the rod to not completely snap, just bend. Allowing you to limp home.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone ran the rc HD sleeves? I put some on yesterday and half laughed at the design as reinforcement is minimal, it's a sleeve. But I could see it helping the rod to not completely snap, just bend. Allowing you to limp home.
I have them installed. Not expecting miracles, but it should be better than nothing.

6ACAE9B3-C473-447D-ADB0-D0D2C957B0AB.jpeg

Sponsored

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have them installed. Not expecting miracles, but it should be better than nothing.

Ford Bronco Tie Rod Sleeve / Brace -- Aftermarket Upgrade Replacement List 6ACAE9B3-C473-447D-ADB0-D0D2C957B0AB
Yea I do think it's better than nothing. It'll allow the tie rod to bend but not snap. We'll see I suppose, maybe I'll never wheel that hard to where I have to worry about it

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So finally got my Bronco and was able to install my Kid Chaos braces.

Man those bolts were w-a-a-a-a-y to tight. They are only M6 bolts and I had to use an impact to get them loose (I'm talking about how they come pre-assembled).

The very last bolt on one was so tight that the allen head stripped. After some choice French words and how I was dreading having to send it back for a replacement just because I can't get a stupid bolt out, luckily because it was the last bolt I was able to twist the two housings and actually break the bolt loose that way.

No doubt They will do their job, But whichever gorilla puts them together before they are shipped needs to let up a little bit.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So finally got my Bronco and was able to install my Kid Chaos braces.

Man those bolts were w-a-a-a-a-y to tight. They are only M6 bolts and I had to use an impact to get them loose (I'm talking about how they come pre-assembled).

The very last bolt on one was so tight that the allen head stripped. After some choice French words and how I was dreading having to send it back for a replacement just because I can't get a stupid bolt out, luckily because it was the last bolt I was able to twist the two housings and actually break the bolt loose that way.

No doubt They will do their job, But whichever gorilla puts them together before they are shipped needs to let up a little bit.
Congratulations about dam time, have you posted any pics yet, see on the trails next year.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So since the tie rod seems to be a weak point, I was looking into options to reinforce them down the road. I hadn’t seen a list yet so figured I would throw one together of the available options. I’m sure I’ve missed some, but this is what I’ve found so far.

Full disclosure: I don’t really have a frame of reference for the pros and cons to any of these as I’m pretty new to all this. Feel free to add to the list with other options and discuss these options as there’s a wide price delta between the cheaper options and the more expensive ones.

https://www.levelupsuspension.com/products/ford-bronco-tierod-sleeve-21-bronco

https://jksmfg.com/collections/ford-bronco-2021/products/steering-sleeve-kit-ford-bronco

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-tie-rod-sleeves-51035.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-4wd-856075

https://www.peaksuspension.com/coll...s/peak-tie-rod-reinforcement-sleeve-21-bronco

https://www.kidchaosconcepts.com/product-page/buck-n-barz-6th-gen-bronco-2021-22-tie-rod-brace

https://broncbustertx.com/products/tie-rod-busterbrace

**EDIT**
Alternative options:
Below is the rack and pinion upgrade.

https://www.fordoempartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-gear-rack-and-pinion-steerin-nb3z3504m

ICON tie rod upgrade. Not released yet but here’s a preview.

https://td-distributing.myshopify.com/products/bronco-6g-tie-rod-repair-kit?variant=43681218298110
TD’s tie rod replacement kit. B6G for 10% off.

You can add the HOSS 3.0 Inner and Outer Tie Rods to the list.

Inner X2 - NB3Z-3280-D

Outer 1 Each - NB3Z-3A130-B, NB3Z-3A130-C

The Inner Boots are Included. The Jam nuts are not included and will need to be ordered in addition too.
Sponsored

Last edited: