Sponsored

Time From Arriving At The Final Rail Yard to the Dealer

How Long Did Your Bronco Sit In The Rail Yard?

• Total voters

Long Island WildTrak 22

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just curious to see how long the average Bronco sits in the rail yard before getting sent to the dealer.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not at that stage yet, but it's going to take 3 days to get a rail car from Cincinnati to Evansville, IL lol. Just a little over 200 miles. Definitely a slow moving process.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m interested I seeing the results here. Mine currently sits at the railyard, so far 3 days.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear, the time it sits at the rail yard after unloading has nothing to do with the rail carrier. Ford is responsible for arranging shipment from the rail yard (in this case Auto Ramp) to the dealer. They are given 48 hours to pick up the vehicle after being unloaded and then are charged a storage fee.

There is a national trucker shortage right now. In many markets arranging transportation is difficult.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not at that stage yet, but it's going to take 3 days to get a rail car from Cincinnati to Evansville, IL lol. Just a little over 200 miles. Definitely a slow moving process.
Interchange is a slow process. There is no railroad that serves the entire nation and for most Broncos heading West of the Mississippi the logical place for interchange to occur is Chicago. Unfortunately, Chicago is the busiest rail hub in the country and I would expect it to take 4-5 days. Once you get out of Chicago, transport should be relatively quick.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yea many variables to this. Mine sat at a couple different rail yards. Once to go from CSX to BNSF which I don't think was planned because the dealer did not get a new tracking number, it was still CSX. It sat there in Richmond CA for I'm guessing about 5 days. Then it sat at my local railyard for about 8 or 9 days from what I can tell because of local transport availability.

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't fully clear from the post title but it took my vehicle 90+ days via rail from MAP to my dealer. 2-3 of those weeks were spend in the rail yard closest to my dealer while it was being unloaded. It was so painful.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea many variables to this. Mine sat at a couple different rail yards. Once to go from CSX to BNSF which I don't think was planned because the dealer did not get a new tracking number, it was still CSX. It sat there in Richmond CA for I'm guessing about 5 days. Then it sat at my local railyard for about 8 or 9 days from what I can tell because of local transport availability.
The entire railcar was transferred to the BNSF. There was no new “tracking”number as the number you had wasfor the rail car (not like the tracking # you get for a package). The plan was always for your rail car to go to the BNSF, the CSX doesn’t operate west of Chicago.

Sponsored

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My build was finished on Feb 26 and I then got a shipment notice. Train made it as far as Ohio and suffered a breakdown. One week later I was told the train was in Canada. As of March 21, the train (CSX) is in Chicago and might get to Phoenix sometime in April. This is only fitting as it mirrors the SNAFU that has been part of the Bronco saga. :confused:

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The entire railcar was transferred to the BNSF. There was no new “tracking”number as the number you had wasfor the rail car (not like the tracking # you get for a package). The plan was always for your rail car to go to the BNSF, the CSX doesn’t operate west of Chicago.
CSX doesn't but the car travelled to richmond ca then i got a "dropped off at customer location BNSF", then later the message went to "customer released railcar, BNSF", so im betting the Bronco got transferred to a BNSF rail car that we never got a tracking number for.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CSX doesn't but the car travelled to richmond ca then i got a "dropped off at customer location BNSF", then later the message went to "customer released railcar, BNSF", so im betting the Bronco got transferred to a BNSF rail car that we never got a tracking number for.
Auto racks are what are referred to as “pool” cars. It would be too inefficient to load/unload a rail car every time it went through interchange. To get around this, each rail carrier provides a certain # of rail cars based on their portion of the market place. As a result of this practice the rail car is just passed from carrier to carrier.

I promise you they did not unload your rail car and then load the Bronco onto another rail car.

Dropped off at customer location refers to when it was spotted at the auto ramp in Richmond. Released means that it was unloaded and available for pickup.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious to see how long the average Bronco sits in the rail yard before getting sent to the dealer.
You may want to update the title of this thread if you can. I think folks are mixing it up with total transit time. What I think you’re looking for is time from when it’s offloaded at its final railyard to the dealer.

OP
OP
Long Island WildTrak 22

Long Island WildTrak 22

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You may want to update the title of this thread if you can. I think folks are mixing it up with total transit time. What I think you’re looking for is time from when it’s offloaded at its final railyard to the dealer.
noted, thank you
Sponsored