Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus St
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery of my Black Diamond Bronco last October at MSRP. Loved the car so much decided to buy a Base Bronco before the March 7th cut off for new orders. Same dealership, same salesman, and due to dealer markup… same price as my Black Diamond for a Base! Said “No Thanks”! Its 2022, why can’t I order direct from Ford!
Sponsored

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least they were up front about it.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely think it is overdue to rethink how cars are bought/sold in the US, but this is the way we have always done it....time to get laws changed to make it happen
Ford Bronco Time to end the dealership business model 1646169506175

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No reason to think Ford or any other manufacturer wouldn't be changing the price to match the market, same as the dealers. In my opinion. They could just go and change MSRP to mean Market Suggested Retail Price.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took delivery of my Black Diamond Bronco last October at MSRP. Loved the car so much decided to buy a Base Bronco before the March 7th cut off for new orders. Same dealership, same salesman, and due to dealer markup… same price as my Black Diamond for a Base! Said “No Thanks”! Its 2022, why can’t I order direct from Ford!
Once the Bronco is an EV, you’ll be able to order direct from Ford. It’s only a matter of time the source of propulsion and the business model change big time. 😎

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because Ford doesn't want to deal with individuals.

Nationally, dealerships are as bad as the average customer is.

What you're asking for is not transparency, it's having an entirely binary purchase process where you can make a few keystrokes and enter into an iron clad legally binding contract. Oh the horrors that would cause.

The average customer still walks into the dealership and doesn't even know what class of vehicle they want, let alone pull the trigger on exactly a specific model, in a specific color, with specific options or have any idea what the differences are between specific features or technology.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What you're asking for is not transparency, it's having an entirely binary purchase process where you can make a few keystrokes and enter into an iron clad legally binding contract. Oh the horrors that would cause.

The average customer still walks into the dealership and doesn't even know what class of vehicle they want, let alone pull the trigger on exactly a specific model, in a specific color, with specific options or have any idea what the differences are between specific features or technology.
Your assessment of the average customer may be true. What about the rest of us? Many of us would rather deal directly with the manufacturer, than go through a middleman. Franchise laws protect the dealer’s monopoly. That’s about to change with the advent of EV’s. We need freedom of choice.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your assessment of the average customer may be true. What about the rest of us? Many of us would rather deal directly with the manufacturer, than go through a middleman. Franchise laws protect the dealer’s monopoly. That’s about to change with the advent of EV’s. We need freedom of choice.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you want a mandated, protected, enforced business model that is technically capable of handling the entire scope and breadth of end-users from the poor to rich, from those out to scam them or act in mutually beneficial best interests.

Yup, that sounds like a dealership network to me.

Manufacturers manufacturer. They don't interface well with individuals and the minutia of pissing and moaning, or uncertainty of end-users.

Government, specifically the IRS is a good example of a massive group set to administer to the individual and nation as a whole at the same time. Currently they are 47,000,000 pieces of mail behind and just petitioned to activate 1,400 national guard to open their mail. 2019 paper returns should be finished by month end.

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you want a mandated, protected, enforced business model that is technically capable of handling the entire scope and breadth of end-users from the poor to rich, from those out to scam them or act in mutually beneficial best interests.

Yup, that sounds like a dealership network to me.

Manufacturers manufacturer. They don't interface well with individuals and the minutia of pissing and moaning, or uncertainty of end-users.

Government, specifically the IRS is a good example of a massive group set to administer to the individual and nation as a whole at the same time. Currently they are 47,000,000 pieces of mail behind and just petitioned to activate 1,400 national guard to open their mail. 2019 paper returns should be finished by month end.
I want freedom of choice, period.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I want freedom of choice, period.
You have not been denied any choices. And freedom of purchasing is hardly a protected freedom, even in this land of not-understanding-freedoms.

Hit up any restoration shop in the country and go ask for a custom anything, they can build it for you.

Or of you want new, call up the lads at Rolls Royce or Ferarri and they will whip up a special bodied, full custom. Yes, it will cost a few hundred thousand to a few million dollars.

Your asking for a mass-manufacturerd, globally sourced, Just-in-time inventory application,........ with bespoke service starting before the order process through delivery.

Whatever drugs you're on must be f-ing AMAZING! Please share them!

BTW, Ford has the CHOICE to not want to deal with end-users directly. They made that choice in about 1925 when they established assembly line production. Soooooo, if we use president, they also have it.
Sponsored