First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My FE too, the top is terrible. I have noticed right where the two front panels meet in t he center by the upfitter switches it really blows. I added a JCROffroad short roof rack and its very bad now, almost to the point where I cant stand it. It makes a sub woofer type noise now along with all the typical wind noise. Going to try to make a wind deflector for the front of the rack in hopes to keep it from smashing against the cross braces on the roof rack.
Putting another layer of rubber weather seal in the valley between the two existing weather seals made a huge difference.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Putting another layer of rubber weather seal in the valley between the two existing weather seals made a huge difference.
Happen to have a pic of this? I’m a visual learner lol. I’ve crammed some much crap in my top, but always down for more.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yea , I have been meaning to do it, just busy with other things. Now it looks like I will have another project also , sound deadening entire vehicle. I take long drives hunting in other states which is why I wanted the creature comforts of the FE. The carpet sound deadens as well as insulates from cold. Now to get it quieted down .

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last update... added some weatherstripping on the hardtop, it knocked out the wind noise coming from the b pillar. Adding rhe roof rack brought a lot of noise back lol

inbound1354857122472943028.jpg

inbound5799972757427545389.jpg

inbound5538873661247351389.jpg
Hi - can you provide a link to the weather seal you used
Last update... added some weatherstripping on the hardtop, it knocked out the wind noise coming from the b pillar. Adding rhe roof rack brought a lot of noise back lol

inbound1354857122472943028.jpg

inbound5799972757427545389.jpg

inbound5538873661247351389.jpg
Hi - can you post a link to the weatherstripping used near the B-pillar? Thanks!

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

SevoSandman

Raptor
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great job! But for the price we potentially shell out for the higher price rigs, FMC should do this as part of the build 😏

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happen to have a pic of this? I’m a visual learner lol. I’ve crammed some much crap in my top, but always down for more.
Review the following threads. I will try to get some pictures of my mods in a few days.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-top-owners-wind-noise-reduction-hack.46473/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mic-hard-top-wind-noise-reduction-…best-results-so-far-using-rubber-gasket-strips.47722/

I have a picture that I can use to illustrate below.
Ford Bronco Time to lower the road noise / NVH sound level - my DIY sound deadening material install project Wind Noise

At both where the front and rear arrows point, I had not material to seal against. I laid 3/4" tubing in both and dramatically cut wind noise. I didn't even seal the sides yet, where the previous person who was posting on how to decrease wind noise put a cut down pool noodle.

Last edited:

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Review the following threads. I will try to get some pictures of my mods in a few days.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-top-owners-wind-noise-reduction-hack.46473/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mic-hard-top-wind-noise-reduction-…best-results-so-far-using-rubber-gasket-strips.47722/

Ford Bronco Time to lower the road noise / NVH sound level - my DIY sound deadening material install project Wind Noise

At both where the front and rear arrows point, I had not material to seal against. I laid 3/4" tubing in both and dramatically cut wind noise. I didn't even seal the sides yet, where the previous person who was posting on how to decrease wind noise put a cut down pool noodle.
What type of tubing did you use for this?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. If you find the time one day to do a write up on your mods I’m sure it would be very appreciated around here and a nice addition to those others. I’ve done the sides with small pieces of rubber to fill the large gaps in my weather stripping, definitely need to attack the other areas. Driving this thing on the highway is not a pleasurable experience.

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I ordered the strips. Did you have to remove the top to apply them? Also, to confirm, the flap overhang (portion without the double sided tape) goes towards the pilar correct?

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered the strips. Did you have to remove the top to apply them? Also, to confirm, the flap overhang (portion without the double sided tape) goes towards the pilar correct?
What i did was get a small 2x4 wraped it a rag(to protect the paint), took of all the bolts, lifted from the rear and slid the boards on each side to lift the top a little and keep the guide pins from scratching the paint. Then cleaned and thoroughly degreased the top where the double sided tape goes. If it's not 100% clean it won't stay stuck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. If you find the time one day to do a write up on your mods I’m sure it would be very appreciated around here and a nice addition to those others. I’ve done the sides with small pieces of rubber to fill the large gaps in my weather stripping, definitely need to attack the other areas. Driving this thing on the highway is not a pleasurable experience.
I agree, when I got mine, I felt the same way... I was nearly regretting my purchase, but now, I am quite content cruising down the highway. It was so bad before the modifications, that I was embarrassed to have passengers in the car at highway speeds. 100% full cringe.

I might add, without the Flowmaster Outlaw High Clearance Axle Back exhaust - the Bronco is now 100% girlfriend approved (she drives a Honda CRV EX-L currently and road noise is about equal now). She does not like the Flowmaster Outlaw HCAB exhaust.

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks great! I hope to do the same when my Wiltrak comes in, but I'd like to swap the carpet for the rubberized floor and add sound deadening to the hardtop panels as well!
How do you plan on swapping to the rubberized floor? I’ve been curious about doing this myself.
Sponsored