Sponsored

Timeline Clarification? (and my Concern)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So based on the info I found (if it has changed or I'm wrong let me know and I'll update) ....

• Jan 20th Conversions Start
  • Mar 10th Conversions End (AND Build and Price Updated)
  • April Nth Preliminary Scheduling Begins (this is NOT the one that locks you out?)
  • May Nth Delivery Estimates go out to Customers
  • May-Jun. *** VINs get issued and ability to update your order ends.
  • Jun Nth Deliveries Begin
  • Dec Nth Model 2022 Start

IF I got it correct, it means that you are Committed to your order (no more changes) a month BEFORE you actually know when your Bronco will be built. I see 2 glaring issues with this...

1) "Ford" said that customers will be notified if their selection will delay their Bronco and be provided the option to make changes. So when is that supposed to happen if we are being Scheduled and locked out in April a month before we are told when?

2) My plan was to be patient until I find out WHEN my Bronco was going to be built to make my final Go-No Go choice. But now it sounds like I have to be committed to everything long before I find out when. So Ford could come back and tell us our Bronco's won't be build for 18-24 months and we just have to take it with no way out?

And of course this doesn't even touch on the so called "non-refundable deposits" Ford is encouraging.

** Edited based on feedback
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

April "update your order" is incorrect. You can update your order up until a VIN is created.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So based on the info I found (if it has changed or I'm wrong let me know and I'll update) ....

• Jan 20th Conversions Start
  • Mar 10th Conversions End (AND Build and Price Updated)
  • April Nth Scheduling Begins (AND your ability to Update your Order ENDS!!!)
  • May Nth Delivery Estimates go out to Customers
  • Jun Nth Deliveries Begin
  • Dec Nth Model 2022 Start

IF I got it correct, it means that you are Committed to your order (no more changes) a month BEFORE you actually know when your Bronco will be built. I see 2 glaring issues with this...

1) "Ford" said that customers will be notified if their selection will delay their Bronco and be provided the option to make changes. So when is that supposed to happen if we are being Scheduled and locked out in April a month before we are told when?

2) My plan was to be patient until I find out WHEN my Bronco was going to be built to make my final Go-No Go choice. But now it sounds like I have to be committed to everything long before I find out when. So Ford could come back and tell us our Bronco's won't be build for 18-24 months and we just have to take it with no way out?

And of course this doesn't even touch on the so called "non-refundable deposits" Ford is encouraging.

Can't build your vehicle or predict a time without your order in *that is part of buying a brand new vehicle from the factory

Talk to your dealer. No reason they can't let you back out. They can mark it up like crazy if you do back out because there will be virtually 'no' competition.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can't build your vehicle or predict a time without your order in *that is part of buying a brand new vehicle from the factory

Talk to your dealer. No reason they can't let you back out. They can mark it up like crazy if you do back out because there will be virtually 'no' competition.

I'm concerned about the Not being able to make changes once it is scheduled...but the schedule is what will make me want to make changes.... chicken before the egg sort of thing

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer has not taken a deposit or asked for one. As others mentioned and my dealer reiterated yesterday, you can change the order right up to when the vehicle is scheduled for actual build (which you should have an idea once the production is scheduled). Can you point out where Ford has encouraged a non-refundable deposit? I must have missed that somewhere.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm concerned about the Not being able to make changes once it is scheduled...but the schedule is what will make me want to make changes.... chicken before the egg sort of thing
Oh!

Different uses of the word “scheduled” I believe.

There is the April/May “scheduling” when Ford will tell us roughly when to expect our Bronco based on reservation, allocation, and commodity availability. They will also say what items are causing a potential delay, and allow us to modify (or cancel) our order accordingly.

Then there is the actual build being “scheduled” which in my understanding occurs about 2 weeks before they actually start building your vehicle. That’s when your VIN is assigned and your order is locked in.

So. Place your order now. April/May you’ll find out when it will be built. Say that’s December... you have until roughly mid November to change/edit/cancel your order.

Then in November you’ll be notified that your build is “scheduled” to occur, and you’re locked in.

This is how I’ve come to understand it. The recent Esteban kidnapping video where he’s in his garage talked about this.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh!

Different uses of the word “scheduled” I believe.

There is the April/May “scheduling” when Ford will tell us roughly when to expect our Bronco based on reservation, allocation, and commodity availability. They will also say what items are causing a potential delay, and allow us to modify (or cancel) our order accordingly.

Then there is the actual build being “scheduled” which in my understanding occurs about 2 weeks before they actually start building your vehicle. That’s when your VIN is assigned and your order is locked in.

So. Place your order now. April/May you’ll find out when it will be built. Say that’s December... you have until roughly mid November to change/edit/cancel your order.

Then in November you’ll be notified that your build is “scheduled” to occur, and you’re locked in.
AH... ok. I'll update my post

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The April Scheduling is when VINs start getting handed out. This will happen every month. Reservation allocations won't start in April, this will be all FCTP Mannequin units that will be built first so you should have the estimate before scheduling begins.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
They will also say what items are causing a potential delay, and allow us to modify (or cancel) our order accordingly.
Should be interesting to see how the "modify " will work. Say you clean up the delay-does that now bump someone else from MY21 ? Maybe Ford will set aside open MY21 slots just for this purpose.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be interesting to see how the "modify " will work. Say you clean up the delay-does that now bump someone else from MY21 ? Maybe Ford will set aside open MY21 slots just for this purpose.
There wouldn’t be any “delaying” or someone else per se.

Basically they go down the list of unbuilt reservations and if person 2’s order doesn’t have the parts available yet, they go to person 3, and so on.

So if person 2 changes their order at some point, when Ford starts back at the top of the list, if Person 2’s parts are available they just build it.... person 3 has no idea what happened and they’re still behind person 2 in reservation order.

Sure, it could effect person 3’s delivery relative to the initial estimate if people get impatient and change while waiting... but so many other things could move you up or later in general, and Ford is being pretty clear upfront what would likely delay, so I don’t anticipate large movement based on changed orders... since people will likely largely be making these choices at initial order time... only commodity shortages would largely change delivery estimates, which would effect everyone more or less equally.

If anything it may mean a later person gets their Bronco sooner because either they didn’t have an unavailable option selected from the start and it was already built, or because someone before them changed away from a late availability option, that means they would get their Bronco built 1 unit sooner when that item does become available.
Sponsored

Last edited: