Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apologies if this has been discussed before-

My current Fusion lease is up in October of 2022 and the plan has always been to buy a Bronco next. When it was revealed last summer, my (optimistic) thought process was that it should be relatively simple to order one closer to the end of my lease or even be able to shop them on dealer lots, as it would be quite a while since the J1 date and all orders and issues should be sorted. Obviously now with the high reservation to order conversion rates and the difficulties in production, that isn't a given and now I believe reserving is the smart choice. Has anyone been successful with working with their dealer to "time" an order to a certain date, especially for over a year out such as in my case? I'm looking at a non-Sas 2 door MIC hard top Big Bend, for reference.
Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My current Fusion lease is up in October of 2022 and the plan has always been to buy a Bronco next. When it was revealed last summer, my (optimistic) thought process was that it should be relatively simple to order one closer to the end of my lease or even be able to shop them on dealer lots, as it would be quite a while since the J1 date and all orders and issues should be sorted. Obviously now with the high reservation to order conversion rates and the difficulties in production, that isn't a given and now I believe reserving is the smart choice. Has anyone been successful with working with their dealer to "time" an order to a certain date, especially for over a year out such as in my case? I'm looking at a non-Sas 2 door MIC hard top Big Bend, for reference.

This is the exact reasoning as to why I had 3 other reservations and cancelled them to settle on a September 24th one that I converted into an order as our lease is up in Feb 22 but Ford did state that as long as you’re currently leasing a Ford vehicle and waiting on another Ford vehicle you can extend your lease without penalty for 6 months or longer depending on things.

Go to the 8:50 mark -

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were me, I think I would go ahead and reserve one and hold it as a 99 until there is some clarity as to how things are progressing in '22. That timing answer may be anything from immediately ordering when '22 orders start being taken to holding your build as a 99 until late summer depending on how things start shaking out and how much orders pick up once these things start hitting the streets over the next month or so. Either way, I'd have that reservation in my back pocket.

Deleted member 3063

Does your lease have a set price buy option? With the crazy used car prices you should really know.
Might make a buck.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried timing my lease to the Bronco release & because of that I have been without a vehicle since October, 2020 soooooo...

Sponsored
OP
OP
tmandz

tmandz

Big Bend
First Name
Trev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the exact reasoning as to why I had 3 other reservations and cancelled them to settle on a September 24th one that I converted into an order as our lease is up in Feb 22 but Ford did state that as long as you’re currently leasing a Ford vehicle and waiting on another Ford vehicle you can extend your lease without penalty for 6 months or longer depending on things.

Go to the 8:50 mark -

Definitely did not know this, thank you! I'm definitely more worried about my lease ending before a potential build and being out of a car and at the mercy of MAP and its suppliers. If my build date happens to be a tad earlier, I have an earlier route to my Bronco with an early lease termination on my Fusion.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does your lease have a set price buy option? With the crazy used car prices you should really know.
Might make a buck.
most of the time when your lease is up you still would be a lot owed on it .

gj45

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The lease on my Escape was up in January '21. I have been extending my lease, with Ford Credit, in 3-month increments since. Ford is now offering a 6-month extension with a limited warranty if you're waiting on a new vehicle. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for a VIN number/build date for my Bronco. My dealer claims I'm next in line.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In today's market, you might be able to buy out your lease, then sell the car for a profit on the used market.
Yes , I not sure when you lease it if you pay sale tax and other fees like you do if you would like when you buy it and how much fees you would need to pay when you buy out the lease but if you pay sales tax after you buy out the lease then you might lose money .In NV you pay 8.68 % sales tax so you would need to sell it for a lot more to make money .

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes , I not sure when you lease it if you pay sale tax and other fees like you do if you would like when you buy it and how much fees you would need to pay when you buy out the lease but if you pay sales tax after you buy out the lease then you might lose money .In NV you pay 8.68 % sales tax so you would need to sell it for a lot more to make money .
yes, but this used market is bananas like that. If you buy out a $30k lease, pay the sales tax, it will be about $32k. some used car prices are selling close to the new car equivilant, $40k in this example. you would net close to $8k in the sale.

this is a unique time.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, but this used market is bananas like that. If you buy out a $30k lease, pay the sales tax, it will be about $32k. some used car prices are selling close to the new car equivilant, $40k in this example. you would net close to $8k in the sale.

this is a unique time.
A person going owe close to the original price and I dont see anyone getting 10k more for a common vehicle even on used Toyota Tacoma is only going for a couple grand more then when they was new . A guy at was was offer that for his he bought last year and he paid 37k so if he paid 8.68% tax at the time is he really going make money
Sponsored