Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Given that F-150 gets priority from all sectors of Ford....
I wonder how soon the Lightning will go from Reveal on the 19th, to reservations, to delivery

vs the Bronco which is pushing real hard on 1 year soon.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this rate people will be driving around in a Lightning before most of us see our Broncos. If cars start flying around like Jetsons before Bronco is out I'm cancelling my damn reservation.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It said available spring '22, read the fine print. I think ford is stretching themselves too thin right now trying to launch the lightning, gen 3 raptor, f150 tremor, ranger tremor, mach 1, bronco, mach e, timberline then add the new expedition coming along with redesigned ranger and ranger raptor. I guess it's a great time to be a ford fan of you are fine with waiting.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Batteries will be the constraint.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It said available spring '22, read the fine print. I think ford is stretching themselves too thin right now trying to launch the lightning, gen 3 raptor, f150 tremor, ranger tremor, mach 1, bronco, mach e, timberline then add the new expedition coming along with redesigned ranger and ranger raptor. I guess it's a great time to be a ford fan of you are fine with waiting.
Its not Ford per say-its the shitshow thats been going on for nearly a year and half. Bronco delays are caused mostly because a vendor got caught with its pants down completely (i.e. hardtop roof) when Covid hit, then chip shortages are causing production issues...all these F-150s and Super Duties are being built because its better to build them and keep the factory busy then add the chips as they come in, all at the same time slowing production down of those products for the rest of the year.

The Timberline is nothing more then a trim level, the Ranger is still about 12-16 months out and you forgot about the Maverick, which is just about ready to go. I wouldn't expect the Expedition to launch til next Spring, maybe this winter.

Keep in mind the auto industry is a lagging one...anything that is done/developed was done anywhere from 18-36 to 60 months prior because of the all the moving parts involved, pun intended.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Meh

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No to be bitter, but I really hate that they are calling this full size truck a Lightning, I have a 2001 SVT Lightning, bought new and this truck will be no Lightning with 4 doors, but, I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe they will make a small production of 2 door versions to live up to the actual name. With that said, I am curios to see what their all electric truck will look like.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No to be bitter, but I really hate that they are calling this full size truck a Lightning, I have a 2001 SVT Lightning, bought new and this truck will be no Lightning with 4 doors, but, I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe they will make a small production of 2 door versions to live up to the actual name. With that said, I am curios to see what their all electric truck will look like.
But yet it will beat it in every performance metric, but you don't like just because it has two extra doors?!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But yet it will beat it in every performance metric, but you don't like just because it has two extra doors?!
Of course it will have better tech since my tech is 20+ years old, but that's not a surprise and yes, all OG Lightnings only came in 2 door versions, so yes, I really hate the idea of a 4 door lighting, they should have called it the Harley, since that was the performance 4 door trucks.

I also don't like the idea or them using Mustang as a selling point for the new Mach-E, but I see ford is just using these names as selling points, but like I said, this is my opinion, others don't care and that is ok, I respect every ones opinion.

Shoot, who know, I might love the look of it come Wednesday lol

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be honest. Completely different beasts but my two favorite vehicles growing up were the Bronco and the Lightning. Prefer the Bronco but intrigued by this.

If they somehow do a 2D Lightning and it isn't insane price for new I'd be interested but probably stay with the Bronco. I guess it will at least make this week go faster.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No chance there's a 2 door version, at least I'd be shocked if there was one. 2 door versions of just about anything are DOA these days.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No chance there's a 2 door version, at least I'd be shocked if there was one. 2 door versions of just about anything are DOA these days.
Yeah, your probably right, but one can dream :)

Who knows, I thought a 4 door Bronco sounded silly at first since I had a 67, but now look, I have a 4 door wildtrak on order!

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah when I saw the lightning commercial the first time, I got even more pissed at Ford. I think I literally yelled at the TV "You've got to be Fng Kidding!"

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
well it's tomorrow and i will reserve one!
Ford Bronco Timing vs the F-150 Lightning Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.28.50 PM

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sold on electric vehicles but this sums up my reaction to the Lightning

Ford Bronco Timing vs the F-150 Lightning uu9pmDP
Sponsored