First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw a couple of comments that mentioned the legal aspect of window tinting. Not knocking it, in fact I love it but please check your local and state laws before proceeding.
a lot of cops carry a device that measures window tint.
just saying.
Good PSA, some law enforcement in my area, marked and especially unmarked run dark windows but itโ€™s probably โ€œlegalโ€ and definitely safety related for them. Much respect for our public servants but our perpetually understaffed and constantly disrespected local law enforcement have better more important things to do than scrutinize tint and possibly โ€œillegalโ€ bobbles, trinkets, excessive lights and modifications. Those running especially dark tint are probably considered potentially dangerous stops in a low/no contact/confrontation covid/post covid world. I also believe tint is a secondary violation typically requiring a stop for a primary violation to pursue an additional fix it ticket. Should we get into lift and bumper height laws? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ โ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front side windows are 3M Crystalline (I think it's the version that allows 40% visible light transmittance. Our state minimum is 30%, and I think that's the closest available).

Rear windows are factory.

Windshield is STEK DynoFlex with no tint.

My comments: The Crystalline is a nice close match to the rear windows. The rear windows are darker, but the fronts blend well. Clarity is outstanding and visibility at night is very good. The STEK on the windshield has been great so far. Water pools off somewhat, so I find I'm using the wipers less, and when I do, they are smooth and completely silent. I mainly did the windshield for protection against rocks, but the performance in rain is a nice side benefit. If I had to do it over again, I'd choose the same options.
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž Retro Bronco

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope this isn't viewed as a hijack, but if anyone in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area is interested in trading a no-tint 2 door hard top for a tint one, let me know - I don't have my vehicle yet, but when I do I am looking for no tint!
Thanks

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suntek 15% carbon up front. The factory bronco rear tint is some of the darkest Iโ€™ve ever seen on a production SUV. Metered at 15%. Even if it metered at the standard 18-20% from most SUVs I would have done 15%. Light through the windshield makes your front windows appear lighter so I always go 15% up front

3A30B40C-3FB1-4245-B03E-2F9F3111A93C.jpeg

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a Tint that has HIGH IR protection. Just being darker doesnโ€™t always mean itโ€™s blocking a lot of IR. My Kavaca 70 IR on the front is basically clear but blocks 88% IR and 99+ UV. I can put my hand on the dash in the 90 temps and itโ€™s barely warm and you can tell it is cutting the heat transmission.
Here in Minnesota we want more heat transmission about 8 months out of the year.๐Ÿ˜€ Average low temp right now is 1ยบF.

Current view from our home of the frozen lake that will remain ice covered until the middle of April.

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 6A06D70C-DA5C-4B61-ABBF-E5C8A5F9577F

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your Info says you are in California. Max legal tint in Cali (front windows) is only 70%. Some places the cops care, others they don't.

At night, on rural roads without streetlights, the 35% on the front is a bit dark when making turns. (but that's also because the Bronco headlamps don't have much side spill)
They donโ€™t around here apparently I see limo tint on the side windows

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I matched the driver/passenger doors with the back. At night you can see through it a little bit.

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž First Edition

LAN02

Black Diamond
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Film: 3M ceramic
Windshield: none
Front windows: 20%
everything else: factory
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 280391EB-68E8-41F1-8F15-40AF028A20B0
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž CEF140C2-B288-454E-9F2E-C8B7299CD193

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

3M crystalline, 30% on the front and rear, nothing on the windshield

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž CEF140C2-B288-454E-9F2E-C8B7299CD193
Looks good! 3M Crystalline (30%) is one of the highest-performing films on the market in terms of high-heat IR rejection. They used to have a slight bronze hue to the film, curious to know if that is the case still. Also, 70% Crystalinne on that windshield would be sweet, that has almost a neutral gray hue where you literally forget it's on there.

Sponsored

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

first pic front window 35 (not ceramic), second picture front window 20 (ceramic), rear window factory 20 on both

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 2023 obx front 35 01
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 2023 obx front 20 back 20

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here in Minnesota we want more heat transmission about 8 months out of the year.๐Ÿ˜€ Average low temp right now is 1ยบF.

Current view from our home of the frozen lake that will remain ice covered until the middle of April.

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 2023 obx front 20 back 20
Iโ€™ll be up there ICE fishing next month. We have an office and team in Shakopee

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iโ€™ll be up there ICE fishing next month. We have an office and team in Shakopee
Iโ€™ve been ice fishing and snowmobiling since I was a kid 45 years ago and the ice is super strange this year. Its thickness is unpredictable because of the early heavy snowpack. No problem driving trucks on most lakes but there are some thin spots that arenโ€™t there on a normal year as my son found out on Saturday. :)The locals will know where things are questionable. Never smart to drive under a bridge where the water is shallow but it was -11ยบF that morning so itโ€™s normally no problem shooting that gap for a 500 pound snowmobile. It was a small risk as he knew the water was only knee deep but it took us an hour to get the sled out. No damage luckily.

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 6BB6ED3E-BCD4-4A7B-901F-91B547A74485
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 6585E155-B033-4B63-B257-8FF34B3136D4
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž BCC4C6AF-EA92-4F01-9619-59C2428C6026

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iโ€™ve been ice fishing and snowmobiling since I was a kid 45 years ago and the ice is super strange this year. Its thickness is unpredictable because of the early heavy snowpack. No problem driving trucks on most lakes but there are some thin spots that arenโ€™t there on a normal year as my son found out on Saturday. :)The locals will know where things are questionable. Never smart to drive under a bridge where the water is shallow but it was -11ยบF that morning so itโ€™s normally no problem shooting that gap for a 500 pound snowmobile. It was a small risk as he knew the water was only knee deep but it took us an hour to get the sled out. No damage luckily.

Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 84BAB816-BA89-4696-BC4C-E32E7A377852
Ford Bronco Tint reference gallery -- post your Bronco pics & specs ๐Ÿ“ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž 84BAB816-BA89-4696-BC4C-E32E7A377852
Thatโ€™s crazy it was so thin under there in those temps
Sponsored