Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With my Ranger I plugged one of those cheap LED night lights into the outlet on the back of the console. It draws just enough power to trick the system. Cost: 3 bucks for two. The second one I'm saving for my Bronco (hoping it will work).
Best and easiest option.
Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm. Sport mode does not require 4HI nor automatically transfer to 4HI, if you are in 2WD when you turn on Sport.
It doesnt require, but for me it defaults to 4H when I dial it over to sport mode. I have to manually press the 2wd button after. Even if I turn off my engine when it's in 2WD. Once it asks if I want to remain in Sport mode, it automatically changes it to 4H.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Best and easiest option.
You can get one a the dollar store now. I don't drive my Ranger at night (usually in the wife's car), but if it's too bright I'll just stick some tape over the lense. Being LED they don't heat up, so that would remedy the problem.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
It doesnt require, but for me it defaults to 4H when I dial it over to sport mode. I have to manually press the 2wd button after. Even if I turn off my engine when it's in 2WD. Once it asks if I want to remain in Sport mode, it automatically changes it to 4H.
Or 4A with the Advanced 4 x 4

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine still had 2WD illuminated on the dial.

Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or 4A with the Advanced 4 x 4
Ah yes. I have the advanced 4x4 too, but for some reason kept saying 4H vice 4A. Thanks for the correction.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not use Forscan and turn the Auto Start/Stop off? No need for a fancy pluggy thing or weird night lighty thing...
warranty concerns. dealer can claim forscan changes impacted issue and decline claims.

you can always flash back before service but you can also make a mistake and cause damage too

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

warranty concerns. dealer can claim forscan changes impacted issue and decline claims.

you can always flash back before service but you can also make a mistake and cause damage too
Yes, that can be a murky situation, but I have always been in the understanding that the dealer has to "prove" that the "mod" caused the failure. But dealers are going to dealer, so screw the customer any way possible.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, that can be a murky situation, but I have always been in the understanding that the dealer has to "prove" that the "mod" caused the failure. But dealers are going to dealer, so screw the customer any way possible.
yea, my dealer is great too. would be worried some diag they run says software was modified and corp ties their hands

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, that can be a murky situation, but I have always been in the understanding that the dealer has to "prove" that the "mod" caused the failure.
As I posted in another thread recently, where in 2 instances parts were blamed ( stock/ factory faulty parts were the real issue ), but the dealer/mfgr just completely voided any warranty on the vehicles. Have fun taking the mfgr to court to get them to prove that it didn't. Most don't have the time or money to do that.

I can PM you the link of one such instance if you want.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Stitches1974