Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Headed to an off Roadeo today. One quick question:

Is anyone tipping the instructors at the end of the day?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember about a year ago there was a big debate about tipping the guides and, surprise, there was differing opinions on the internet.

My wife and I went to the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo and we did tip our guide but not all the instructors. After the instructional course and walk throughs they split the big group into three. Each group got their own guide (shout out to Diego) and headed to different sections of the park for the driving portion where your guide is instructing you threw obstacles for the rest of the day. Not sure if that's how they are still doing it or not. Anyway, I look at it the same as I would a guided hunting or fishing trip. If they provide excellent service or go above and beyond then I want to show my appreciation. We were discrete about as to make sure he took it and I did notice a few others tipping but definitely not all.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granted I drove the lead Bronco with a guide that was awesome and that experience was so cool and unique so I gave him and one of the others a $20 each. I still would have tipped otherwise, but probably a bit less.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did not even think about it, actually. I saw the instructor talking to a few of the attendees at the break times but did not see anyone handing them a tip- but was not looking, either. I did let the instructor know he did a great job and thanked him at the end of the day though.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found their knowledge to be superb. I think offering them any off road tips would be insulting.

As far as offering them a cash tip, I admit that never occurred to me. Now that you put the idea in my head, I probably would offer them something in a "thank you very much for the great experience here is a gift of appreciation if this is okay". They may not be allowed to accept tips. Also I tend to call such a gift rather than tip.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was planning on tipping from the get go as I was in the trailing car and the guide was letting me do pretty much anything I wanted to do.

However, the guide got a little to comfortable with me I guess and went on a pretty long winded rant about how it pisses him off that these rich A'Holes come out here spending tens of thousands on cars they don't need and stiff him at the end of the day.

I still tipped but almost felt like it was expected after his speech.

Was a cool dude outside of the rant. I believe he was leaving the program though.

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm I'm normally a bigger tipper. I didn't think it was a tipping environment from the feel of it. I also went alone never had a guide in my vehicle and really didn't get any 1 on 1 instruction.

Side note I'm guessing the longer it goes until I receive my bronco the less likely I will receive my credit for the event. Or I will need to go overboard requesting it.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was planning on tipping from the get go as I was in the trailing car and the guide was letting me do pretty much anything I wanted to do.

However, the guide got a little to comfortable with me I guess and went on a pretty long winded rant about how it pisses him off that these rich A'Holes come out here spending tens of thousands on cars they don't need and stiff him at the end of the day.

I still tipped but almost felt like it was expected after his speech.

Was a cool dude outside of the rant. I believe he was leaving the program though.
Wow. It sounds like he should be leaving the program! That’s unacceptable. Did he add, “Not you - you’re cool. I’m talking about all these other rich assholes…”?

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to tip and thought they'd all be at dinner. Got to the Pavilion and they were nowhere to be found. So I had intentions but didn't.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tipped $20 discreetly on the way out. It rained when we went to nh and got a pretty shortened trip, but the instructor really worked hard and out in the rain in a rain suit.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. It sounds like he should be leaving the program! That’s unacceptable. Did he add, “Not you - you’re cool. I’m talking about all these other rich assholes…”?
I mean I feel for the guy but yeah I guess I put off the broke 28 year old vibe which I mean is cool I guess

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went to the Las Vegas rodeo; Ford put together a top notch program. I tipped both of our guides for excellent service.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I saw this thread. I'm going in a few weeks.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

three of us went to the Vegas one, and we each tipped 40 bucks. We asked, they do pool it and split it up evenly. Magically us 3 got chosen for a ride along on the Fun Haver race course on site. Worth every penny
Sponsored