Sponsored

Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)?

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My car started to shake in higher speeds, so I took down the wheels and noticed a good portion of dried mud inside the back wheels.

Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 4540063D-B6B9-4B41-9B23-F1D1E0421BBC

When cleaning the car, I’m trying to get water under pressure inside the wheels, but apparently not good enough.

Would appreciate any tips on how to clean the mud?

Thank you :)
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spray underneath from the opposite side and from front/back. After awhile you'll get pretty good at it. Just all in a days work when playing in mud.

OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Spray underneath from the opposite side and from front/back. After awhile you'll get pretty good at it. Just all in a days work when playing in mud.
From the opposite side, haha I never tought of it! Thanks ☺

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No real easy button here, unfortunately. lots of water and time.
After any outing like that have to clear everything. Skids and engine too. That combination of mud and grass turns into a concrete adobe. If it sits on anything hot too long, it will catch fire. 🔥 (Ask me how I know from my youth)

Compact Electric power washer off Amazon will get the job done. Car washes get pissed if you try to clear that in their bay. The water is filtered and recycled.

It’s a PITA. I hate the East Coast for it. I hope to move to a place I never have to see it again. 😂

Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 80E39913-CEDD-432C-8410-B66024AC93AE

Last edited:

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“You got mud in your tires.”

52FD5955-B79D-4512-AEAC-6575DFF26F2D.jpeg

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After any outing like that have to clear everything. Skids and engine too. That combination of mud and grass turns into a concrete adobe. If it sits on anything hot too long, it will catch fire. 🔥 (Ask me how I know from my youth)

Compact Electric power washer off Amazon will get the job done. Car washes get pissed if you try to clear that in their bay. The water is filtered and recycled.

It’s a PITA. I hate the East Coast for it. I hope to move to a place I never have to see it again. 😂

Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 52FD5955-B79D-4512-AEAC-6575DFF26F2D
On a sort of off topic. I lived out in WA state for 10 years. We used to launch our boats off the bank,(no ramps). I launched the boat fished all day then recovered the boat. On the way home I had a really bad wheel out of balance. I got home and found a large rock had got between the rim and the brake drum. I tried to take it out without taking the wheel off, but there was no way. I had to take the wheel off to get it out.

As for the mud on the back of the rim, I have a short pressure washer gun. About a foot long I use to get behind the rim, and into tight spaces. I took a long nuzzled gun and cut it off then added a new fitting to attach to the gun handle.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be nice to have some bird baths at these off road parks just for this.

I get underneath and wash the insides maybe every 4th wash or dirt dependent.

OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 52FD5955-B79D-4512-AEAC-6575DFF26F2D
Tell me the story about the fire! :)

And I see you like the mud the same way I do. I’m getting both my Broncos dirty quite often!

Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 24EC66AD-AA93-4D55-8D3A-DF01145C05CD
Ford Bronco Tips for removing mud from the wheels (inside)? 84EBEBCE-4231-41AE-9897-F046E38EC487
Sponsored