First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m coming up on my first oil change. My selling dealer doesn’t really have a service department so I’m looking for one to do oil changes. I live in a market with 9 Ford dealers so there are several options.

I have enough Ford Points for 3 oil changes and tire rotations (62,000). Do I just forgo these and use an independent. Just don’t like the vibe of using mediocre oil and waiting forever for a high school kid to change the oil.

Perhaps I set the bar too high. This is my first time using a Ford dealer for service.
Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would only use Ford for service, especially since you have points to use. If friends and family cannot recommend a Ford dealer, check out on-line reviews.

OP
OP

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would only use Ford for service, especially since you have points to use. If friends and family cannot recommend a Ford dealer, check out on-line reviews.
The highest rated Ford dealer in my market is 3/5 stars on Yelp. I’ll try the 2.8/5 and 3/5 dealer. Maybe they’ve started giving a shit this week.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd assume most of them offer basic Ford service. If you are planning any mods, you may want to call the other eight and see if they'd entertain installing the mods you're interested in. That may be too your advantage. I've seen a few dealers that do this.

If no plans for mods, call around to get a feel for average wait time. Some dealers are scheduling for late March right now because they're short staffed, etc.. You don't want to pick a dealer that can't get the work done.

OP
OP

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd assume most of them offer basic Ford service. If you are planning any mods, you may want to call the other eight and see if they'd entertain installing the mods you're interested in. That may be too your advantage. I've seen a few dealers that do this.

If no plans for mods, call around to get a feel for average wait time. Some dealers are scheduling for late March right now because they're short staffed, etc.. You don't want to pick a dealer that can't get the work done.
The highest rated dealer in the market doesn’t take appointments, but they promised it doesn’t usually take longer than 4 hours.

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The highest rated dealer in the market doesn’t take appointments, but they promised it doesn’t usually take longer than 4 hours.
If you can get in within a week or so and get your car back the same day, that's great.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a repeat customer helps too, my Ford dealer treats me fantastic after decades of buying cars from them.

OP
OP

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have considered I am impossible to please and perhaps I just need to forgo the points. It works out to about 2 oil changes so sounds like a lot of time to get two free oil changes.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would not use points for service that is not on sale. Better to use your approximate $310 on accessories that are 20% off, extrapolating into $387.50 worth of bling.

I cannot fathom a licensed Ford dealer not being mandated to have a service department. Who does vehicle prep or warranty work? Ask who they farm this out to and that might be who you call.

Other options:
1. A Ford truck only franchise - they certainly service vehicles
2. your local LINCOLN dealer - they should be authorized to service all Ford products, but if all you are looking for is oil and filter they will at least have the same filters and factory approved oil (it does not have to say FoMoCo or Mobil1, my dealer uses Valvoline which I would have used myself)
3. local Valvoline branded quick oil change garage. Don't shortchange a "high school kid" who is proficient in changing oil, or back in the day, building their own hot rod from scrap

Not the same tech, but Michael Dell and Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates, and others never finished college or even high school which makes them just a bunch of high school kids. https://viewkick.com/celebrities-who-did-not-finish-college#:~:text=First of them is Michael Dell CEO of,however he has already begun his computer company.

So, just a high school kid from a farm builds his own car, adapts assembly line techniques in a big way, sold 15 million what would today be called deathtraps while doubling the daily wage (from $1 to $2/day), and his name is on your Bronco. Would I want Henry Ford himself to change my oil? Or Il Duece, his son? Nah, they can't lift a wrench any longer, but if they could...or had to, maybe there would be a redesign in the works

OP
OP

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not use points for service that is not on sale. Better to use your approximate $310 on accessories that are 20% off, extrapolating into $387.50 worth of bling.

I cannot fathom a licensed Ford dealer not being mandated to have a service department. Who does vehicle prep or warranty work? Ask who they farm this out to and that might be who you call.

Other options:
1. A Ford truck only franchise - they certainly service vehicles
2. your local LINCOLN dealer - they should be authorized to service all Ford products, but if all you are looking for is oil and filter they will at least have the same filters and factory approved oil (it does not have to say FoMoCo or Mobil1, my dealer uses Valvoline which I would have used myself)
3. local Valvoline branded quick oil change garage. Don't shortchange a "high school kid" who is proficient in changing oil, or back in the day, building their own hot rod from scrap

Not the same tech, but Michael Dell and Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates, and others never finished college or even high school which makes them just a bunch of high school kids. https://viewkick.com/celebrities-who-did-not-finish-college#:~:text=First of them is Michael Dell CEO of,however he has already begun his computer company.

So, just a high school kid from a farm builds his own car, adapts assembly line techniques in a big way, sold 15 million what would today be called deathtraps while doubling the daily wage (from $1 to $2/day), and his name is on your Bronco. Would I want Henry Ford himself to change my oil? Or Il Duece, his son? Nah, they can't lift a wrench any longer, but if they could...or had to, maybe there would be a redesign in the works
The closest dealer to my house is a Ford truck dealer. I shall perhaps try them.

I’m not talking about a high school educated person being dumb. I’m just referencing that most Ford dealers don’t have lube techs that are any vastly more talented than the local Valvoline Shop. Perhaps a poor way to frame it.
Sponsored