broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got the Ford tailgate table for my freshly delivered 22 Badsquatch, and one for my buddy’s also freshly delivered Bronco.

The Jacknuts that come from Ford are garbage and we broke 3 despite using a torque tool with half of the Ford recommended torque.
One broke from the thread before we could screw even half of it in…

Tips 1: tight those 4 nuts very gently. Less than what Ford says.

Some people on the forum got the same issue and drilled those out. We didn’t want to do that to avoid having a piece of metal fall into the tailgate for it to rattle when driving.
So here is tips 2:
Just put a piece of thin cord through the broken jacknut, then drive that rope out through one of the larger holes in the tailgate, next to your broken nut. Then use pliers to squeeze the jacknut inside. Your cord then catches it and you can then take it out from from the other bigger hole you got the cord out from.

For reference we bought those on amazon:
“Hillman 59126 Short Jack Nuts (1/4"-20) - 15 Pieces”

They are better than the Ford ones.

Our tables are now mounted properly.
We plan on doing a lot of overlanding with both our Badsquatch Broncos, so follow along if you want on IG at @broncoexplorers
Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice tips, I too ended up getting the Hillman jacknuts, big difference, the ones that come with the table are junk.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got the Ford tailgate table for my freshly delivered 22 Badsquatch, and one for my buddy’s also freshly delivered Bronco.

The Jacknuts that come from Ford are garbage and we broke 3 despite using a torque tool with half of the Ford recommended torque.

Some people on the forum got the same issue and drilled those out. We didn’t want to do that to avoid having a piece of metal fall into the tailgate for it to rattle when driving.
So here is tips 2:
Just put a piece of thin cord through the broken jacknut, then drive that rope out through one of the larger holes in the tailgate, next to your broken nut. Then use pliers to squeeze the jacknut inside. Your cord then catches it and you can then take it out from from the other bigger hole you got the cord out from.

We plan on doing a lot of overlanding with both our Badsquatch Broncos, so follow along if you want on IG at @broncoexplorers
Did you maybe cross thread the jack nuts?? Had no issue at all with mine, but I did notice they were easy to cross once installed.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is an aftermarket table that uses existing threaded holes with no drilling. And rated for more weight and less rattle

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So here is tips 2:

Great tips! I'm going to replace the remaining three jacknuts (already replaced one) and will be using this advice for removal.

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang, Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

So here is tips 2:

Could you go into depth a little more or explain a different way? Im still having trouble understanding how to remove the jack nut. Like you, I’d like to remove It without drilling if possible.
Sponsored