Sponsored

Tire / Cabin Noise NVH & Daily Drivability with the Sasquatch Package?

JAX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercedes E350, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you think the in-cabin tire / wind noise will be like with the Sasquatch Package? Since this will be my only vehicle, how will this do as a daily driver? I'm not looking for extreme luxury or anything, just something good enough. Since I have never owned a Jeep or more extreme off-road vehicle, I'll take all the information I can get. Thanks!
Sponsored

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would completely depend on what you are used to driving, and your current road noise tolerance. If you are driving a 2003 Forester, you likely have adapted to the road noise. The E350 likely has more creature comforts and less noise. If you want to be able to carry on a conversation at highway speeds, even without the M/T tires, spring for the sound deadening headliner.

Reactions: JAX
OP
OP
JAX

JAX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would completely depend on what you are used to driving, and your current road noise tolerance. If you are driving a 2003 Forester, you likely have adapted to the road noise. The E350 likely has more creature comforts and less noise. If you want to be able to carry on a conversation at highway speeds, even without the M/T tires, spring for the sound deadening headliner.
Thanks! Makes sense. I'll also opt for the high package with the extra sound deadening and I think that should be pretty helpful.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go rent a JL Wrangler for a weekend. It’ll be similar.

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last Wrangler I owned was a daily driver. 2-door, soft top on 35x13.50" Toyo Open Country M/T tires. I didn't have any additional sound deadening installed. With the top up there was no problem hearing the radio or having a conversation.
You'll never mistake if for riding in a Mercedes, but it will be quieter than you are probably imagining.

OP
OP
JAX

JAX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last Wrangler I owned was a daily driver. 2-door, soft top on 35x13.50" Toyo Open Country M/T tires. I didn't have any additional sound deadening installed. With the top up there was no problem hearing the radio or having a conversation.
You'll never mistake if for riding in a Mercedes, but it will be quieter than you are probably imagining.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I bet I have a totally incorrect idea of what it will actually sound like. There's no way Ford would sell a brand new vehicle that is unpleasant to drive.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I bet I have a totally incorrect idea of what it will actually sound like. There's no way Ford would sell a brand new vehicle that is unpleasant to drive.
It’ll be fun to drive every time you get in it...but, if you’re a princess, you won’t like it. At all. If not...you’ll love it.

OP
OP
JAX

JAX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’ll be fun to drive every time you get in it...but, if you’re a princess, you won’t like it. At all. If not...you’ll love it.
I have aftermarket mufflers on the Merc so I'm fairly used to louder cabin noise so I bet I'll be good. I like hearing the vehicle that I'm driving, so it might even be a positive as you said :)

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
35” Mud tires can sound like a helicopter when wearing out. If the SASQUATCH tires are loud you can swap them with some BFG ATs and fix it.

Reactions: JAX

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you think the in-cabin tire / wind noise will be like with the Sasquatch Package? Since this will be my only vehicle, how will this do as a daily driver? I'm not looking for extreme luxury or anything, just something good enough. Since I have never owned a Jeep or more extreme off-road vehicle, I'll take all the information I can get. Thanks!
If your concerned about comfort, don't get SAS, 35" tires will be a harsher ride compared to 33" or smaller tires. Also, 33" and smaller have a much larger selection of tires to find to one you want with better ride quality and less noise.

Check out tiresize.com to compare yourself.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your concerned about comfort, don't get SAS, 35" tires will be a harsher ride compared to 33" or smaller tires. Also, 33" and smaller have a much larger selection of tires to find to one you want with better ride quality and less noise.

Check out tiresize.com to compare yourself.
This is just totally incorrect. 33s aren’t going to provide much different ride than 35s, however the 35s will be a bit softer because of the extra sidewall to absorb the bumps.
There is a LOT of selection in tires in either size, and if you go squatch you can always downsize to 33s if you want.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. You just cracked up the whole family! We have that 2003 Forrester you are describing. It makes our 2011 Tacoma feel like a Jaguar.
Sponsored