Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Post your tire circumference and tire size to help others when changing tire sizes. I have a base model and changing the circumference size in FORSCAN has been a guessing game since the math formula has produced a number that pushes the speedo is off by negative 3-5 mph. If we can get a thread going to share the circumference numbers that work, or close to the correct speed, that would be very helpful for future users.

Current Tire is a 285/70 R17
circumference for FORSCAN; TBD
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Post your tire circumference and tire size to help others when changing tire sizes. I have a base model and changing the circumference size in FORSCAN has been a guessing game since the math formula has produced a number that pushes the speedo is off by negative 3-5 mph. If we can get a thread going to share the circumference numbers that work, or close to the correct speed, that would be very helpful for future users.

Current Tire is a 285/70 R17
circumference for FORSCAN; TBD
2525 is stock badlands 285/70/17 don’t go by the calculator.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
2525 is stock badlands 285/70/17 don’t go by the calculator.
Someone on here experimented and said 2508 gave them a speedometer reading that perfectly matched their GPS. Reports are that Bronco speedometers read slightly fast, so the difference between the factory 2525 and 2508 may account for that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone on here experimented and said 2508 gave them a speedometer reading that perfectly matched their GPS. Reports are that Bronco speedometers read slightly fast, so the difference between the factory 2525 and 2508 may account for that.
Ill try them tomorrow

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd think the most accurate way would be to measure.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have with a tape measure and an auto level (im a surveyor) to verify within the tenth, did the math and it still came up with a wrong circumference for the tire size lol

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive used that and the numbers are off, terribly
Part of the issue is to be close to correct you have to measure front the center of the wheel to the ground with the vehicle on the ground and inflated properly. Then do the math from there. I’ll have to get back in forscan to see what my numbers are for my 37’s. I do know the Bronco would not let me enter 2800 or above.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have with a tape measure and an auto level (im a surveyor) to verify within the tenth, did the math and it still came up with a wrong circumference for the tire size lol
Classic! Sounds like they have converted mm to in and back a couple times to introduce some wicked rounding errors! :) We used to run into this all the time with some German manufacturers and alignment specifications going degrees/rads to mm to in... just spec it the way the engineers do and let the math happen once!

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is the tire is not perfectly round when it's carrying the weight of a vehicle so circumference/radius/height is off. Some of the tire manufacturers have a listing for revs per mile. When I had my SVT Cobra, the tuner I had for it was looking for that number in order to adjust the speedo. Really wish that was still the typical practice.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem is the tire is not perfectly round when it's carrying the weight of a vehicle so circumference/radius/height is off. Some of the tire manufacturers have a listing for revs per mile. When I had my SVT Cobra, the tuner I had for it was looking for that number in order to adjust the speedo. Really wish that was still the typical practice.
Yeah, we used to chalk the tires/floor, roll forward one rev and re-chalk and measure between lines... that accounts for loaded circumference.
The only problem is, we don't know if they spec'd it loaded or unloaded. Automotive specifications leave waaaayyy too much room for interpretation, unless explicitly noted.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the best way to do this is:
- Drive on the highway at three different speeds like 55, 65, and 75 and use a GPS to see what actual speed is (for purposes of example here, lets say it is 61, 71, and 82)
- Calculate the ratio of those three readings (in this case: 1.109, 1.0923, and 1.0933)
- Take the average of those three ratios (in this case: 1.0982)
- Whatever value is in the as-built FORscan, multiply it by the average of the ratios (1.0982)

That should give you a really close result

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Classic! Sounds like they have converted mm to in and back a couple times to introduce some wicked rounding errors! :) We used to run into this all the time with some German manufacturers and alignment specifications going degrees/rads to mm to in... just spec it the way the engineers do and let the math happen once!
we all know that common sense and a "one standard measurement" are far from being correlated lol
Sponsored