Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For all you people looking for a Tire Cover for their over-sized spares, I recommend Four Wheel Covers at www.fourwheelcovers.com They worked with me to create a unique Bronco spare with the back up camera not being obstructed. I found these guys when I was looking for a tire cover for my wife's jeep with a backup camera and have been quick to help me anytime I needed it.
Ford Bronco Tire Cover for 35" Spares IMG_20220220_123444627_HDR
Ford Bronco Tire Cover for 35" Spares IMG_20220220_124513834_HDR

IMG_20220220_124513834_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220220_123444627_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just find it funny that for bronco, they show a bronco sport which doesn't even have an exposed spare.

OP
OP
Mapmaker

Mapmaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hadn't noticed that until now. I originally bought the spare tire cover for my wife's jeep from these guys and they worked with me to make the camera hole as inconspicuous as possible, so I just called and talked to them about the bronco.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having just gone to the sas wheels/tires from the stock badlands ko2s I now see the bottom of the tire in the rear view camera. Since the cover would now stick out further with the 35s, is there any issue with it moving/billowing in the wind and blocking the camera? Even on the 33’s the part surrounding the camera would billow out some and block part of the bottom of the view. Figure a wider tire could make that more of an issue since the camera is still in the same spot.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having just gone to the sas wheels/tires from the stock badlands ko2s I now see the bottom of the tire in the rear view camera. Since the cover would now stick out further with the 35s, is there any issue with it moving/billowing in the wind and blocking the camera? Even on the 33’s the part surrounding the camera would billow out some and block part of the bottom of the view. Figure a wider tire could make that more of an issue since the camera is still in the same spot.
I'm pretty sure the camera extension for the SAS spare wheel & tire is longer... as well as the third brake light being higher.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure the camera extension for the SAS spare wheel & tire is longer... as well as the third brake light being higher.
Hmm. @flip any chance you can find the part number for the housing for the rear camera, and is there a longer one for Sasquatch?

OP
OP
Mapmaker

Mapmaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I first received the tire cover that was an issue, but the guys from fourwheelcovers.com sent a ring with set screws to keep it behind the camera. Since that time, I found a couple of things I thought worked better. Don't laugh, but they are a kitchen sink & garbage disposal stopper and/or a kitchen garbage disposal splash guard. The splash guard required some cutting on the flaps but the stopper went right on, sliding over the camera with no problems. I am now using the stopper and hadn't had any problems. When I had used the set screws, they told me to put some black electrical tape down to prevent marring of the tube, which I did, and I left it on, although I don't think I really needed to.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-7847076-D and the note says, " LT315/70R17 BSW M/T, FRONT/SIDE/REAR VIEW CAMERA" and
M2DZ-7847076-B " FRONT/SIDE/REAR VIEW CAMERA, REAR VIEW CAMERA - LEVEL 2"

Either choice is only sold as an assembly with wiring, mount and 3rd brake light. Both have a list north of $1,500.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
M2DZ-7847076-D and the note says, " LT315/70R17 BSW M/T, FRONT/SIDE/REAR VIEW CAMERA" and
M2DZ-7847076-B " FRONT/SIDE/REAR VIEW CAMERA, REAR VIEW CAMERA - LEVEL 2"

Either choice is only sold as an assembly with wiring, mount and 3rd brake light. Both have a list north of $1,500.
Ow. Thank you!
Sponsored