securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any of the non-Sasquatch tires just buy Jeep takeoffs tbh. They are absurdly cheap even brand new, a set of 33” rubicon takeoffs mounted on rubicon rims is like $800-$1000 around me. Obviously would need them without the rims because of the 6 lug but you can find just the tires I’m sure even cheaper.
And if you can't find them without the rim, buy them, pull the tires off the rim to put on your Bronco, then sell the Rubi rims without tires to recoup some of your money.
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Takeoffs are when someone buys the vehicle and “takes off” the stock tire to upgrade. A lot of Jeep owners will upgrade right away, leaving you with a basically new tire for a reasonable price.

Here in CO, it is very common for the original Rubicon tires/wheel package to hit the local Jeep sale forum before the nipples are rubbed off. A lot of the JL guys/girls go to 35s immediately. Makes for great deals on a set if you are in the market. About 50/50 on whether they keep the stock wheels. I am running the stock Rubicon Hard Rock wheels on my JK with 35s. I sold my original MTs (all 5) for $500 to a friend for his XJ with about 2300 miles on them.

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To bad the still do not list the wheel bolt pattern and offset information. Has anyone found that anywhere else?
I'm unsure if it was confirmed, but pretty sure its the same as the Ranger which is 6x139.7 or 6x5.5, if you're into that metric stuff.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm unsure if it was confirmed, but pretty sure its the same as the Ranger which is 6x139.7 or 6x5.5, if you're into that metric stuff.
Agreed, that was my estimate a few months ago, but still waiting to confirm it.

Bolt Pattern:
I scaled the 255/75R17 tire images to match the above dimensions, I then measured the bolt pattern. I looked at both the F-150 and Ranger bolt patterns for reference and find the bolt pattern matches the Ranger,6x139.7 (6x5.5).

Bronco 255-75R17 Wheel v1.png

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not familiar with this - what do you mean by 'takeoff's'?

Lots of people will be getting non factory wheels and tires as soon as they get their Bronco, so they will sell the factory take offs cheaply. Just look on craigslist or ebay for whatever vehicle you want, especially 4wds or sports cars and you will see lots of options.

I bought a set of 5 FJ factory wheels for my Tacoma for $300 off craigslist. They had less than 1000 miles on them and looked brand new. You'll be able to do the same for the Bronco. People with the base package will be able to cheaply upgrade tires and wheels if they wait a couple of months after delivery starts.

Last edited:

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting the Sasquatch package and then switching the tires to Nitto Mud Grapplers shortly after. I've run 2 sets across 2 Jeeps and love them. You may be wondering why I'd get the Sasquatch package if I'm just going to replace the 35s. The beadlocks are nice but the main reason is that were I live there's a 4" lift limit. So 35s "from the factory" will give me some room to play with when it comes to lifts and bigger tires while still being legal.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if 35X12.5R17s will fit with -44 offset on the squatch package. My Black Diamond will have some stance. I absolutely hate the look of any truck or SUV with it's tires stuffed squarely in the wheel wells. These vehicles were built to look mean.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha I was wondering when the tire outlets were going to start listing the Bronco! I'm likely going to be the outcast here, as I'm planning on storing my stock Sasquatch 35's and replacing them with aftermarket wheels and an overland-ish style 33" tire. Hopefully we'll be able to re-program the ECU for *smaller* tires! I think with the 10 speed auto, I'm not too worried about the final drive needing re-gearing when going from factory 35's to 33's... What is it now, a 4.7:1 axle ratio on the Sasquatch with V6 and auto trans?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
You guys are confusing the hell out of my going to these smaller tires, what exactly is the purpose? Your not gaining fuel economy, nor capability, cost is negligible... what is it? Maybe a power advantage? even then the biggest engine is the 2.7L so that’s only so much.

Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are confusing the hell out of my going to these smaller tires, what exactly is the purpose? Your not gaining fuel economy, nor capability, cost is negligible... what is it? Maybe a power advantage? even then the biggest engine is the 2.7L so that’s only so much.
How did you factor there is no fuel economy advantage with a smaller size tire? A 10 ply BFG KO 2 in 285/70R17 size is 58 lbs and a 35X12.5R17 equivalent is 66 lbs -- that's 8 pounds of rotational mass difference per corner. Lighter wheels/tires = Less effort for drivetrain and powertrain = Less go pedal to move them at the same speed.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you factor there is no fuel economy advantage with a smaller size tire? A 10 ply BFG KO 2 in 285/70R17 size is 58 lbs and a 35X12.5R17 equivalent is 66 lbs -- that's 8 pounds of rotational mass difference per corner. Lighter wheels/tires = Less effort for drivetrain and powertrain = Less go pedal to move them at the same speed.
Because your gearing advantage from going up to the Sasquatch is turned into a disadvantage by increasing your RPMs as result of decreasing tire diameter. So now your engine is turning faster without the need for the increased engine speed.

I think the factory 33” trucks come with 4.20 gearing correct? Taking the Sasquatchs 4.70 gearing combined with 35s is going to mean your spinning a lot of RPM. It’s going to be quick off the line and have fantastic torque off-road. But your MPG will suffer some.

With the 10 speed and multiple overdrives this difference shouldn’t be noticeable. However your power increase may be swallowed up by the transmissions desire to up shift faster due to it being programmed for a certain shift point.

Last edited:

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because your gearing advantage from going up to the Sasquatch is turned into a disadvantage by increasing your RPMs as result of decreasing tire diameter. So now your engine is turning faster without the need for the increased engine speed.

I think the factory 33” trucks come with 4.20 gearing correct? Taking the Sasquatchs 4.70 gearing combined with 35s is going to mean your spinning a lot of RPM. It’s going to be quick off the line and have fantastic torque off-road. But your MPG will suffer some.

With the 10 speed and multiple overdrives this difference shouldn’t be noticeable. However your power increase may be swallowed up by the transmissions desire to up shift faster due to it being programmed for a certain shift point.
Okay, that mathematically makes sense, but I guess our points apply differently in different driving scenarios. For stop and go driving, wheel and tire mass plays a larger factor in economy, whereas tire diameter is more crucial for constant cruising speeds.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep great way to buy. The 33' Duratracs on my 4Runner came off of a Ram Power Wagon. Got them for $500 with 7 miles on them. He upgraded to 35s before delivery.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, that mathematically makes sense, but I guess our points apply differently in different driving scenarios. For stop and go driving, wheel and tire mass plays a larger factor in economy, whereas tire diameter is more crucial for constant cruising speeds.
And just to add in another aspect, let's not forget the effect larger tires have on stopping distance.

Keep in mind that I'll likely be hanging on to my stock 35's if I need them for serious rock climbing adventures, but I really don't like the stock wheel designs anyway, so I'm getting aftermarket wheels regardless. Therefore, I figure it's a good opportunity to make the truck a 'little' more street-able since it will be my only vehicle. I don't plan on much highway travel where I live, but with 10 speeds, and an ECU flash, I think I'll be OK with the 33's on the 4.7 gears...
Sponsored