First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking to add 37's and have everything in hand needed to start my build. I'm going to run the maxlider lift kit until I can get my hands on the Fox coilovers, but want enough room to clear the tires themselves right now.

I had the Toyo OpenCountry MT's on my Raptor and loved them. I ordered the exact tire for the bronco about three weeks ago. To this point, 4wp still hasn't received the shipment for them nor will they give me a timeframe. They are impossible to find anywhere.

They did mention that they have the BFG K03's in stock. I'm not familiar with this tire and don't have much experience with anything other than the Toyo's.

To be honest, I don't plan to offload much. I just like the aggressive look of the tire. With that said, I would like to limit road noise as much as possible, and I do live in Utah, so a tire that is decent in snow is preferable. I'm open to suggestions.

K03 now, wait a few weeks or months for the Toyos, or another tire recommendations?

I know that M/T isn't ideal for anything I probably need them for.. I'd love to see photos of similar builds with 37's so I can get an idea of what the tire would look like with the method wheels I have as well. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, I don't plan to offload much. I just like the aggressive look of the tire.
Ok, gotta give you a little bit of a hard time for this, all in good fun...

37s on a pavement princess? I wish I had your kind of money.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BFG KOs are appropriate for your use case. Their KMs are really good looking but road noise is a lot higher.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look at nitto ridge grapplers. Aggressive look without a lot of road noise.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look at Toyo Open Country M/T LT255/75R17 Tires.
I plan to use them on my OB

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nitto Ridge Grapplers or KO2s sound like the best tire for you.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So having driven the Territories and the KOs, the Territories are noisier.

When I buy Duratracs they are quiet for the first 10-20k miles and then get noisy. (I think they are quiet until you wear through the siping.) They last for a long time and are good in weather (three peak).

Does anyone know how quiet the Open Countries and Ridge Grapplers are compared to the KOs?

(I am not intending on putting Territories on for the second set.)

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my 2012 F350 the deleted diesel sound at slower speeds or wind noise on the highway is louder than the tire noise from the ridge grapplers.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone that says Ridge Grapplers aren't noisy needs a hearing check. Lol There are a few Jeeps that live down the road from me running them. If I'm outside I can hear them coming long before they pass by.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Those Toyo OC MTs are the best looking tires on the road, period. If you’ve run them before and are ok with their noise, why not wait for the prettiest shoes for your princess?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to add 37's and have everything in hand needed to start my build. I'm going to run the maxlider lift kit until I can get my hands on the Fox coilovers, but want enough room to clear the tires themselves right now.

I had the Toyo OpenCountry MT's on my Raptor and loved them. I ordered the exact tire for the bronco about three weeks ago. To this point, 4wp still hasn't received the shipment for them nor will they give me a timeframe. They are impossible to find anywhere.

They did mention that they have the BFG K03's in stock. I'm not familiar with this tire and don't have much experience with anything other than the Toyo's.

To be honest, I don't plan to offload much. I just like the aggressive look of the tire. With that said, I would like to limit road noise as much as possible, and I do live in Utah, so a tire that is decent in snow is preferable. I'm open to suggestions.

K03 now, wait a few weeks or months for the Toyos, or another tire recommendations?

I know that M/T isn't ideal for anything I probably need them for.. I'd love to see photos of similar builds with 37's so I can get an idea of what the tire would look like with the method wheels I have as well. Thanks.
I’d go with an aggressive all terrain if I were you. Muds in the snow are terrible. A lack of siping makes them have extremely low grip in compact snow and ice. There are many great all terrains, but I’ve always had great luck with BFG. Some of the hybrid muds have more siping now, but they still make some noise. Having run a few sets of muds, constantly dealing with balancing, uneven wear, noise, and terrible wet/snow ice traction, I’m done. All terrains all day. Don’t know why I ever switched from BFG ats except for the look (now I think they look great). Just my 2 cents. Good luck, post pics!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive heard people like Falken Wildpeaks as well.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that says Ridge Grapplers aren't noisy needs a hearing check. Lol There are a few Jeeps that live down the road from me running them. If I'm outside I can hear them coming long before they pass by.
Its all relative. I can guarantee you the ridge grapplers are quieter than the Toyo MT's the OP is use to driving though. He still wants an aggressive look. I've got 35" Wildpeak AT3s and the nittos made less road noise than mine.
Sponsored