First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Raptor spare does not have a TMPS sensor so don't assume that the Bronco spare will.

And the Raptor spare is not balanced either.

we are getting 5 matching rims so all 5 should have tpms. Ford uses a tool to reset their monitor. mopar you just drive and chevy uses scanner. im talking newer tpms. Every oil change rotate whatever way you like
Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never owned a vehicle that has a matched spare tire. What is best practice? Just leave it as a spare, rotate it through when rotating tires?

Edit: is TPMS an issue? Probably not know yet since no one has one yet.
I personally rotate all 5. You get 20% more life. It will cost a bit more for 5 new, but unless there is incompatibility with the size, you can take the best of the set you are replacing and use it as the spare.

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rotate it through. Owners manual will show you how.

Down side is you have to replace 5 at a time.

Up side is you get a tiny bit more out of them, and you don’t have one rotting away as your spare for a while.
Do you where in the owner’s manual it states this?! I need to show the people at the dealer since they were not understanding the concept of 5 tire rotation. I know the Bronco just made a comeback but this is not the first vehicle with a 5th tire; full size!

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you where in the owner’s manual it states this?! I need to show the people at the dealer since they were not understanding the concept of 5 tire rotation. I know the Bronco just made a comeback but this is not the first vehicle with a 5th tire; full size!

Page 389. The problem is how do we do a force re learn of the TPMS?

“ For the best tire life, a five tire rotation is recommended that includes the matching spare tire mounted on the back of the vehicle. This rotation requires a forced re-learning of your tire pressure monitor system sensors by your vehicle, and should be performed by an authorized dealer or a service center to ensure the tire pressure monitor system will provide proper warning at all times. When performing the tire rotation yourself, a four tire rotation is recommended, without using the spare tire in the rotation, so that no tire pressure monitor system sensor re-learn is required. If a five tire rotation is performed without a tire pressure monitor system sensor re-learn, the system may not provide a low tire pressure warning when necessary.”

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“ For the best tire life, a five tire rotation is recommended that includes the matching spare tire mounted on the back of the vehicle. This rotation requires a forced re-learning of your tire pressure monitor system sensors by your vehicle, and should be performed by an authorized dealer or a service center to ensure the tire pressure monitor system will provide proper warning at all times. When performing the tire rotation yourself, a four tire rotation is recommended, without using the spare tire in the rotation, so that no tire pressure monitor system sensor re-learn is required. If a five tire rotation is performed without a tire pressure monitor system sensor re-learn, the system may not provide a low tire pressure warning when necessary.”
It doesn't show specifically what a "five tire rotation" would be... but any service Dept that is going to be working on vehicles with a full-size 5th tire should familiarize themselves with it... especially since Ford recommends it.

Ford Bronco Tire Rotation with spare tire Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 13.56.56

The manual recommends a "rearward cross" for 4-wheel rotations, so it would stand to reason to stick with that with the 5-wheel (diagram G).

Ford Bronco Tire Rotation with spare tire 1643828391905

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought you couldn't move radials side to side.
That's only if you have uni-directional tires like a Nitto Dura Grappler G2. There is an actual right and left tire and they are rotated front to back on each side. Guess you would have to ask your tire dealer what side your spare is and rotate it 1-2-3 with it's side mates.

Love those tire and ran them on my pickups and Outback. Switched to Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws for winter rating and weight. They are symmetrical, so can be mounted either side.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the question. Would forscan be of any use?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the question. Would forscan be of any use?
I rotated my spare in and I think it learned itself. I believe the spinning wakes the sensor up. Don’t quote me on that. I just know it works and I didn’t do a thing.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I rotated my spare in and I think it learned itself. I believe the spinning wakes the sensor up. Don’t quote me on that. I just know it works and I didn’t do a thing.
Thanks for that info! Can you go out to your truck and deflate one of its tires and see if the dashboard lights up with the correct corner showing a drop in pressure? I'm joking....mostly:LOL:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands