Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I know it’s very subjective but you guys are using these and just wondering your thoughts. I’m looking for a decent Overlanding tire that does well on road as well in rain, snow, etc. Not a street runner but I will drive on the streets as can’t be avoided. My last set of BFG K02 lasted forever but I want more aggressive. At the moment my fav is the Geolander (Top/Left) #1 and they about $100/tire cheaper than Toyo M/T. Others are similar in price to Geo, so Toyo is most expensive but was my fav choice originally. Please keep conversation to these as I’ve spent a lot of time reviewing many others and understand there are others but I’ve boiled down to these 4 (for me). Thanks

435A7723-33C7-4496-8E57-99145B3ED8CA.jpeg
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to stalk this thread as I am curious myself

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nitto ridge grapler

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh what size were you thinking to get? figured that may help the conversation. I don't know the answer to help you but figure someone out there might need this info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh what size were you thinking to get? figured that may help the conversation. I don't know the answer to help you but figure someone out there might need this info.
Thanks for askin. I’ve done TONS of research, looked at hundreds or pictures, ready many many stories and reviews as to tire size and affects on suspension, etc. My rig is a BL Sasquatch. I plan to replace SAS suspension with adjustable coilovers, new UCA and for my needs/wants the true 35s will be best for me. Sure 37s look pretty good but in seeing many Broncos in person with true 35s, I think this is best for me. My main goal is overlanding and not extreme rock crawling. So long story short I’ve settled on 35s

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw this video earlier and helped me with what I want to accomplish....lmk what you think

A/T vs M/T

Smokey142

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Z71 LTZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the toyo at2s and then 3s they were pretty good. Also used the terra grapplers they were ok and even a set of gladiator mt that were trash (all on a Silverado) but my vote (even though it’s not up there) is for the KM3. That’s what I’ll be using when mine comes in next week.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this video earlier and helped me with what I want to accomplish....lmk what you think

A/T vs M/T
Great video and great points. Been down that thought process many times. I had a Overlanding 4Runner for many years and ran BFG K02 and LOVED them but always wanted to change to Toyo M/T. I understand the uses, limitations but my heart is set on making my Bronco next level from the 4Runner. His KM3s look great btw

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok…tire opinions. I love tires. New tire day is the best. Current personal fav is the Kenda Klever KR601, sorry couldn’t help myself. 🤪

I’ve owned both the STT Pro and the Geolander MT. I was not a fan of either. (Northern Colorado / Built Tacoma on 35’s / daily monster / etc.)

The STT Pro’s wore very unevenly and got loud really really fast, while the Geolander was the single worst tire in the snow I’ve ever owned, plus they were tiny for their quoted size. The Toyo is basically the same as the Geo.

Of these four I’d go with the KM3.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have always had very good luck with Coopers (#4), though have not used that exact tire.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oops. I re-read your post and see you don't plan on driving on the pavement.
Since I already typed this up...

I used a set of Cooper ST/Maxx on my g-class. Off road and highway, great traction in rain, mud, and snow. Very durable tire designed for fleet vehicles. Think along the lines of powerline maintenance trucks. They have a slight pull to the right as 'confirmed' with other owners.

I don't believe (from reading others' opinions) that any of the 4 tires will do well in snow on the pavement. I know a lot of BFG MT owners switched to the BFG AT tire because of sketchy rain/snow traction on the road. (North East USA)

#1 on my list for replacing the Sas GY Territory's are the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T.

BFG AT is not aggressive enough. (BFG is quality and easy to recommend)
Copper makes Baja Boss for MT
Baja Boss AT have inherited the Cooper:
extra ply sidewall - durable against punctures/tears
silica tread compound - great wet road traction
hybrid tire tread pattern
Baja Boss AT adds 3 peak mountain testing for enhanced snow traction over M+S.

ST/Maxx
Ford Bronco Tire Thoughts? Looking for decent Overlanding tire 1652717242077

MT BB AT
Ford Bronco Tire Thoughts? Looking for decent Overlanding tire 1652717449956

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the KM3 is the "sweet" spot, carrying over some goodness from K02 but adding M/T. Not a true enhanced K02 but maybe a good hybrid. Overlanding requires "getting to the trail" first and that's usually pavement. This will be my main winter-snow vehicle as well. I was on K02 in my 4Runner for years and loved them but I always wanted more aggressive, so maybe the best choice is the KM3... I've heard they are loud but I suspect that is subjective.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be
I apologize for jumping to "killing your idea" and after a new look at this tire, it might fit my needs best. It's exactly what I was hoping to find and that is a hybrid A-M/T. I will be mostly Ovelanding and no heavy climbing, so this tire sounds like a sweet spot. In comparing to K02 of which I had on my 4Runner, I like the Nitto Ridge better and might have become my upgrade on the 4Runner. Since I will be using on a Bronco now, this has made it's way to the top 2 or 3. Another potential is Geolander M/T g003 and not sure what the 3rd might be, but thank you for suggesting the Nitto :)

Nitto Ridge Grappler 1.jpg

Nitto Ridge Grappler 2.jpg

Geolander G003 M-T.jpg
Sponsored