EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't worry, I used the search function before posting this ;) I just need some more advice before I go drop $1800+ on 5 new tires!

Those of you who swapped the Goodyear Territory MTs on your Sasquatch Bronco for a heavier tire, how did the change impact your MPG, braking, handling, acceleration, etc?

The list of tires I've been researching have weights ranging from 59 lbs up to 71 lbs per tire. Being that the Goodyear Territory MTs are significantly lighter than all of my options at 52 lbs per tire, I could use some advice from forum members with real life experience in this category. Do you regret your new tire choice or was it the best decision you've ever made?

Thank you!
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about to do the same but was going to go with KO2s which are about 10 pounds heavier than ours but then go with Method 703s which are 10.3 pounds lighter (and have great grip for beads so no need for actual bead locks for most folks). The downside is like nearly 4k, and it seems like the going rate for selling an entire set of Sasquatch tires/wheels as a complete set is like 2500. Dunno if I want to ante up that much money but also understand that selling the entire Sasquatch wheel package with lower miles is better than with higher miles...

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our BB wasn't SAS to start with. But I went with a lighter wheel and an E rated 315/70/17 (Nitto Terra Grappler G2) and ended up only coming in around 9lbs heavier per wheel / tire assm vs OEM SAS.

Keep in mind, when you go to E rated tires, you need to look at load rating per tire, then adjust tire pressure based on the load the tires will actually be carrying (the Bronco). I run 32lbs in the Terra Grapplers and they ride great. Wife says they ride better than the factory BB setup.

medieval7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swapped my Goodyears out for BFG KO2s at the dealership before I took delivery, so I got a modest ($500) credit, but nothing to compare the KO2s against. That said, the KO2s are great tires, quiet, work well on dry and wet pavement, very little gravel throwing compared to the Goodyear complaints on here, and no discernable gas mileage difference (compared to what others are citing on here). I mean, 10 lbs per tire adds 50 lbs total and that's like having a small child in the car.

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious to know as well... I intend on going to 37's in a month or two

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put Toyo MTs in stock Sasquatch 315/70/17 sizing. They weigh in at 75lbs compared to the 52 lbs of the Territory's. I definitely feel it in acceleration and the handling seems to be more sluggish on the highway. Surprisingly I have not noticed much of a difference in mileage though over the past 1000 miles. The Toyos are also definitely louder.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, 10 lbs per tire adds 50 lbs total and that's like having a small child in the car.
Rotating and unsprung weight is "worth more". I've seen anywhere from 1.5x to 10x. I added around 10 lbs per corner and it does feel like I'm carrying a few hundred extra lbs, lost a lot of pep.

medieval7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rotating and unsprung weight is "worth more". I've seen anywhere from 1.5x to 10x. I added around 10 lbs per corner and it does feel like I'm carrying a few hundred extra lbs, lost a lot of pep.
fair point.
Sponsored