Sponsored

To Buy The Towing Capability Package or Not?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Probably a smart move if you are not getting a Base. I’m betting there will be a plug and play version in the future, but that is only for the 4 bar, not the 7 pin.

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Probably a smart move if you are not getting a Base. I’m betting there will be a plug and play version in the future, but that is only for the 4 bar, not the 7 pin.
I've ordered with the towing.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Before the TFL video, I was on the fence. I’ll be getting the tow package.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm placing my order for my Outer Banks Bronco. I'm getting 2.3 and non SAS which allows a faster build. The Bronco builder at the dealership says if we drop the towing package we could get our Bronco much faster. Can i install the entire package after the fact, including the outlet? Or should I be patient and order the tow package with the dealer now?
Tow was a constraint a couple months ago, I have seen nothing to indicate that it still is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tow was a constraint a couple months ago, I have seen nothing to indicate that it still is.
But my wife's hairdresser said......
J/K....."but my dealer said".
I ordered it with the tow so we will just see how long it takes. I've heard from a few people that it's no longer a constraint.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My story is I wanted my bronco quickly, so I cancelled my tow package. One reason is the Bronco really isn't a towing vehicle, compared to my F-150. But even if I sell the truck - the Bronco isn't really a towing vehicle, especially with the manual stick. I cancelled the tow, and got a build date a month later. If you just are ordering, then get the tow package if you want, because by 2022 they'll have them on hand and it won't slow down your delivery....I'd think.

Now I do want to put a rack carrier on the rear. You need a hitch, but not lights. And I may tow a small trailer, trash to the dump or a motorcycle. I won't need brake lights (in this state) in daytime use. So I ordered a Curt self-install hitch for $118 last week, got it this week. It's standing by for my bronco. It will be fine having a receptacle only, for my uses. And I saved money and got my Bronco sooner.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

But my wife's hairdresser said......
J/K....."but my dealer said".
I ordered it with the tow so we will just see how long it takes. I've heard from a few people that it's no longer a constraint.
I am in the same boat as you. I decided to keep my hard top and tow package. Last advice from Ford on removing items such as tow and hard top was in July. I am sure things have changed for recent orders.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get it if you anticipate towing anything.

I changed to soft top 8/12 and 4dr BL, 2.7, non-SAS, tow, high was built 9/2. Tow didn't seem to be a constraint

OP
OP
reigny

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in the same boat as you. I decided to keep my hard top and tow package. Last advice from Ford on removing items such as tow and hard top was in July. I am sure things have changed for recent orders.
I think the soft top will be quicker than the hard top. But i actually don't want the MIC top. I prefer the painted MOD top but that will be 2023!

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I ordered mine with Tpw package but I don't need it to tow mostly just so I have a hitch for my bike racks. Now my question is without tow package do you not get a hitch at all righy?

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before the TFL video, I was on the fence. I’ll be getting the tow package.
I was starting to think I might delete the tow package. Then like you, I saw the TFL video and decided for now to stick with it. Sort of a Captain Obvious thing, but I really wish there was a way for Ford to give us some rough guesstimate of how constraints (whatever they are) would affect delivery based on our place in line, dealer allocation, trim level, and so forth. Not asking for a precise delivery date. But it would be nice, for example, to know how much of a delay would be caused by tow package. “Keep the tow package and you go from first quarter 2022 delivery to third quarter delivery.” ”MIC top you go from second quarter to third quarter.” That type of thing. Hard to make these sorts of decisions with so little data. I’m not in a huge hurry and can wait. I’m WT, lux, 2.7, tow so constraints are sort of a big deal in my case.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I ordered mine with Tpw package but I don't need it to tow mostly just so I have a hitch for my bike racks. Now my question is without tow package do you not get a hitch at all righy?
No hitch without tow package but 125.00 and hour or two you are good to go. Curt has them available and simple to install. No wiring included.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll make the Curt wireless (lightless) hitch work, but wish I could have just kept the factory tow package with all the wiring set up. But when I cancelled Ford had been calling it a constraint for several months. I was looking at a spring 2022 build....so I cancelled the tow. Got scheduled the next few weeks, build this month supposedly. And now I see everyone getting theirs with factory tow! Oh well.
Sponsored