Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just emailed my dealer to see if I can remove my Tow Package, and if its helpful to increase chances of scheduling by doing so.

I feel like at this point with all these random nuances if it is really a move to increase scheduling likelihood then they should be calling us. Maybe its just my dealer (probably) but they just don't seem to know anything, ever.

I'm not settling for a soft top and will stick with MIC, but if its something as small as a hitch/wiring harness/etc Ill gladly drop to get that golden ticket email with build date.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only people who should be waffling are those who reasonably were thinking 2021 was likely.

To them, I'd ask, 6 months from now would you wish you had whatever you changed?

If no - then drop it.

If yes-keep it. 2 years from now this will all be a footnote anyway.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy Monday everyone. As always, this site is very much appreciated. I know there’s been a few threads about changing tops/removing trailer set up, but with 2-3 days to change, I need to make the decision.

so realistically, how much will switching to the soft top and removing the hitch really save?

I get the hard top hook up argument, but surely the aftermarket parts for a trailer hitch will be in abundance!

What was the deciding factor for you? What did you end up doing?
thanks!
I am leaving my order alone. Why risk a technology or dealer screw up in making a change....some other error, delay your order by making the change, etc. ?! Today chips, hitches and tops.....next week transmissions, engine type or interior style shortages. Me....I am leaving it alone.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

after seeing the soft top yesterday I am happy to be getting it. I will get a hard top down the road when there are more options.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what my dealer said.

"I do want to confirm that you're aware that if you order a Soft Top from the factory, your Bronco will not be compatible with the MIC or Modular Hard Tops. They don't have the right hook-ins. It's possible Ford will make a Hard Top that does fit in the future but no word on that yet."
This is pretty much what my dealer said too, per her Ford rep...here is the quote from my email:
”The only problem with that is if you order with the soft top, it does not come with the structure to install the hard top later.”

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the I'm not changing a thing camp. I know what I want, and short of them offering a 3.5 liter equipped Bronco, I am sticking with what I ordered.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a new one. I don't see why you can't put an MIC on later. The only difference was the hookups. Good thing aftermarket will take care of hard tops.
After reading what @grewhi wrote about his dealer's comments, I went back and watched the BN Soft Top removal video. Couldn't find a 4 door hard top removal video.
We know that the models on tour are not correct production as they have the pre-wire for the hard top. If Ford isn't willing to offer the pre-wire on a soft top, what has been confirmed that they will provide for future hard top mounting on MY21 ?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading what @grewhi wrote about his dealer's comments, I went back and watched the BN Soft Top removal video. Couldn't find a 4 door hard top removal video.
We know that the models on tour are not correct production as they have the pre-wire for the hard top. If Ford isn't willing to offer the pre-wire on a soft top, what has been confirmed that they will provide for future hard top mounting on MY21 ?
I figured that the hard top would fit no matter what. I believe it is confirmed though that if you get a soft top first you will not have the hookups for the wiper, defroster etc if you get a hardtop later. I for one don't care about that stuff since the view out the back window is crap and I was going to get a work around to see behind me even if I I got the hard top first. Ford probably won't offer anything on the 2021. Maybe on the models after they will have the connections regardless of what top you get

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is pretty much what my dealer said too, per her Ford rep...here is the quote from my email:
”The only problem with that is if you order with the soft top, it does not come with the structure to install the hard top later.”
Are they talking about the wiring/plumbing difference or that a soft top won't come with the upright bolts on the body to mate the MIC top holes with and secure it? Never heard the latter being an issue. Can that be true?

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy Monday everyone. As always, this site is very much appreciated. I know there’s been a few threads about changing tops/removing trailer set up, but with 2-3 days to change, I need to make the decision.

so realistically, how much will switching to the soft top and removing the hitch really save?

I get the hard top hook up argument, but surely the aftermarket parts for a trailer hitch will be in abundance!

What was the deciding factor for you? What did you end up doing?
thanks!
I'm not changing a damned thing. They moved my date to 7/5, which I'm fine with, because I want what I want for a reason. Yes, there will be after market options, and I'm good with that, but I think the MORE we change the more things change at Ford, so I will stick with what I have.

I totally understand the desire for speed, but after waiting over 2 years for this thing (actually longer), I'm ok with another few weeks.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figured that the hard top would fit no matter what. I believe it is confirmed though that if you get a soft top first you will not have the hookups for the wiper, defroster etc if you get a hardtop later. I for one don't care about that stuff since the view out the back window is crap and I was going to get a work around to see behind me even if I I got the hard top first. Ford probably won't offer anything on the 2021. Maybe on the models after they will have the connections regardless of what top you get
I figured that the hard top would fit no matter what.
Up to this time I thought the same thing. My point is can we assume that a soft top build will have factory mounts for the hard top ?
Ford is giving away headliners on the hard tops but is not willing to do a soft top pre-wire for free. All while providing two separate roof mounting systems?

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they talking about the wiring/plumbing difference or that a soft top won't come with the upright bolts on the body to mate the MIC top holes with and secure it? Never heard the latter being an issue. Can that be true?
I don’t know, I had originally assumed it was just the wiper/defrost, but after reading what she wrote I’m wondering if they mean the whole hard top. Seems crazy, if true.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Up to this time I thought the same thing. My point is can we assume that a soft top build will have factory mounts for the hard top ?
Ford is giving away headliners on the hard tops but is not willing to do a soft top pre-wire for free. All while providing two separate roof mounting systems?
I am hoping the soft top will have the factory mounts, but who knows. This is ford and they seemed to have missed things when planning out the bronco. Like why not put all the connections in the bronco for those getting a hard top later? Even if ford screws this up and the hard top they offer won't fit the broncos w/ a soft top we will see aftermarket companies fixing their mistake

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not changing a thing... I figured I've spent way too long configuring and deciding. If I have to way a few extra months, I'm ok with that. MIC and tow package will remain on my build. My only complaint is that I can't have a roof rack! What the heck?! I'll have to get that aftermarket along with a rear bumper and sliders or steps depending on my wife's difficulty climbing into the Bronco.

Wildtrak w/ Leather seats, tow package, modular front bumper.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

soft top mounts to the inside walls in the cargo area I think, just behind the seats. 3 or 4 bolts on each side.
Hard top mounts on top, more like a camper shell to a truck bed, 4 bolts on each side I think. There are videos about both, I think on BN.
You won't get wiring and plumbing if you order soft top only, that's the only hurdle in switching later. I'm sure that stuff can be added on though. But they're not making two different models with different body mounts, each Bronco can have which ever roof you want on it once they are available.
Sponsored