To make the change or not….

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn't compromise on the top - even if it meant several months of delays. That soft top is just a hell no for me, after seeing/touching one in person.

The towing "package" however would be an easy delete. All signs point to it being nothing more than a hitch and harness - easily done aftermarket and for 1/3 the price.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
soft top mounts to the inside walls in the cargo area I think, just behind the seats. 3 or 4 bolts on each side.
Hard top mounts on top, more like a camper shell to a truck bed, 4 bolts on each side I think. There are videos about both, I think on BN.
You won't get wiring and plumbing if you order soft top only, that's the only hurdle in switching later. I'm sure that stuff can be added on though. But they're not making two different models with different body mounts, each Bronco can have which ever roof you want on it once they are available.
Correct, there are 3 or 4 bolts on each side to attach the roof to the body panel, just like the EB. Body panels will have those holes regardless of what is ordered. The top should come with the bolts needed. I don't see there being any structure involved. Any difference would likely just be the aforementioned hookups.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m an 8/22 res with squatch and far from dealer priority, so even if I switched to the soft top, I highly doubt I’ll see a my21. I’d be very happy with a my22 delivery around this time next year with the black mod top (if webasto can get it together) just the way I want it! Just gotta keep my 240k mile vw rabbit running till then 🤞🏻

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
soft top mounts to the inside walls in the cargo area I think, just behind the seats. 3 or 4 bolts on each side.
Hard top mounts on top, more like a camper shell to a truck bed, 4 bolts on each side I think. There are videos about both, I think on BN.
You won't get wiring and plumbing if you order soft top only, that's the only hurdle in switching later. I'm sure that stuff can be added on though. But they're not making two different models with different body mounts, each Bronco can have which ever roof you want on it once they are available.
Yep- saw the 2 Dr hard top removal video. Don’t think Ford ever put out one on the 4 Dr.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they talking about the wiring/plumbing difference or that a soft top won't come with the upright bolts on the body to mate the MIC top holes with and secure it? Never heard the latter being an issue. Can that be true?
I just wrote my dealer and she confirmed it’s just the hookups/plumbing for defroster and wiper. That makes sense.

She also had this to say about the hard tops : “Due to production, they are going to manufacture for what is allocated. So, ordering after the fact, you may not see a hard top until 2022 or even later”

probably not news to anybody here, but I thought the ‘even later’ part was interesting.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may be overly-optimistic, but I think that this MIC issue is going to work itself out in 3-4 months. They built an entire facility for this product (and maybe some other things), I doubt the plan was a hundred tops a day. Ford front loading plenty of soft tops is hedging their bets until things get ramped up sufficiently.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In for the long haul, 4 door Badlands , Squatch, Lux, 2.7 , trailer tow, hard top .
Sponsored