Sponsored

To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the Bronco is a lifestyle vehicle and there's a trim out there that will meet/exceed most of our needs. For me, I'm an ultra-runner in Colorado and have a couple of dogs. The Black Diamond is perfect for my needs to get out to the mountain trails with my dogs. I'll have the top and doors off a good amount of time and it will be nice to not have to worry about rain, mud, dirt, dog hair inside...I simply can hose things down, drain the water and use the blower to blow everything dry.
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reasons for the water resistant interior:

1) going through mud, rivers, sand

2) live in an area with high levels of rainfall

3) interior gets dirty easily (sand, hair, crumbs, etc)

4) doors off often

Reasons for getting carpet:

1) colder climate

2) doors rarely come off

3) need your music

4) no one eats in your vehicle / you clean it constantly

I'm in Florida, so rubber interior for me. The smell of wet carpet is awful - and I had an 85 Z28 with t-tops and an F150 with the third light leak.

I know what I'm talking about...

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The one thing the carpet will give you is more road sound proofing. In the end, unless you are going off-road the majority of the time/into rivers etc...the vinyl flooring with the drains probably isn't needed. And yah I'm wondering what the smell will be like.

And yes the flooring should be available on all trims as an option.
That rubberized flooring will come in handy in many situations.

• If you have kids. Yeah try getting juice spills or ice cream out of a carpet easily.
  • Getting caught in the rain obviously.
  • Going to the beach or desert. Sand will never completely come out of carpet no matter how much you vacuum.
  • Dog hair. Probably as bad as sand.
And if the rubberized floor is anything like it looks like, which is a thick piece of rubber and not just a sheet overlay, then that would actually help with sound deadening. Think dynamat.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wet Okole neoprene seat covers are waterproof
I had wet okole on a Jeep TJ. They were great. They were black but did not get that hot in the sun compared to leather. The fit was also excellent but I don’t think they are the type of seat covers you put on take off a lot if someone is thinking this because they are so tightly fitted to the seats. There are probably other choices for those looking for a quick, temporary cover.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet... thanks all... i think my concerns about the rubber flooring have been squelched. Guess it boils down to prices and packages which we won't know till August it sounds like.

Side note, I see lots of post about leather seats, yet I have not seen a single spec that says leather seats are available. I see leather trimmed, but that makes me think the trim is leather, not the part you sit against.

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am a big fan of the rubber floors with drains. My F150 has carpet and between the dog and the trail, it is never really clean. I but in Weather Tech floor liners, but it still gets messy. I am hoping that the aftermarkets (or Ford) reverse this paradigm. I am thinking of rubber floors with CARPET FLOOR LINERS that are made of outdoor carpet. I can yank them, hose them, or leave them at home. I am hoping that some of the First Edition notes I saw is this setup. If not, I will use my other reservation for the Bronco, thank you very much. From the Ford First Edition Page:

Standard
  • Rubberized Flooring - Washout Capable with Drain Plugs Open image overlay for Rubberized Flooring - Washout Capable with Drain Plugs
  • Carpeted floor mats, first row
  • Carpeted floor mats, second row (4-Door Only)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had rubberized floors in my '86 S-10 Blazer (for almost 30 years)...one of my favorite features

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That rubberized flooring will come in handy in many situations.

• If you have kids. Yeah try getting juice spills or ice cream out of a carpet easily.
  • Getting caught in the rain obviously.
  • Going to the beach or desert. Sand will never completely come out of carpet no matter how much you vacuum.
  • Dog hair. Probably as bad as sand.
And if the rubberized floor is anything like it looks like, which is a thick piece of rubber and not just a sheet overlay, then that would actually help with sound deadening. Think dynamat.
Oh for sure, but you can also get the Weathertech mats and basically have that protection like a few have commented.

So have we figured out of the rubberized flooring will be only on the Black Diamond and Badlands?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reasons for the water resistant interior:

1) going through mud, rivers, sand

2) live in an area with high levels of rainfall

3) interior gets dirty easily (sand, hair, crumbs, etc)

4) doors off often

Reasons for getting carpet:

1) colder climate

2) doors rarely come off

3) need your music

4) no one eats in your vehicle / you clean it constantly

I'm in Florida, so rubber interior for me. The smell of wet carpet is awful - and I had an 85 Z28 with t-tops and an F150 with the third light leak.

I know what I'm talking about...
How does it affect music?

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it affect music?
If you are going full Lux for the super audio, you likely aren't taking the doors and top off.

Since it will be clean inside, and not wet, you don't need rubber flooring.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the honda element came standard with rubber floors a similar vinyl seats. honda sold their proprietary fitting rubber matts separately to go on top of them. they hold up and age well..unlike the cloth crap

only had 1 problem when my wife spilled over 20/30 ounces of greasy turkey + juice all over the passenger seat. I was able to get most of it out. I was surprised to get out even what I did, as I liked it to pouring oil on things.

i'm all for this marine grade stuff and flooring........i just want it in the base or bend..cloth is baaaaddd.

I can't for the life of me think why anyone would'nt get it if it was a beach car

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honda Element owner here. You won't drag me back to owning a vehicle with carpeted floors for the rest of my life. For the Element, the sounds is totally fine, not even a noticeable difference from a carpeted vehicle, and I don't smell a thing. I know the ones I have are more of a hardened plastic than rubber, but still.

My dilemma is I have no interest in all the off-road gadgets or tires, I just want a functional and tough interior. I am fingers crossed hoping I can get the Vinyl and rubberized floors as an option in the Base, as that's my perfect Bronco.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's always a great option if there is a lot of road noise. Pull all of the flooring out and dynamat everything. It will make a huge difference!!

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what is the difference between vinyl seats vs leather seats????
Sponsored