Sponsored

To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone keeps talking about leather seats, but I haven't seen any that claims it. There are leather TRIMMED seats, but I read that has the trim is leather, and the seat is something else.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone keeps talking about leather seats, but I haven't seen any that claims it. There are leather TRIMMED seats, but I read that has the trim is leather, and the seat is something else.
This is how nearly every “normal” vehicle is marketed. Generally, the part you sit on and have your back against is real leather with some sort of vinyl coating, and the bolsters are made of a vinyl material that mimics the leather. This is especially true of 2nd and 3rd row seats.

For instance, the front seats of my wife’s minivan are real leather on the entire front of the front seats. The backs of the front seats are vinyl. The seat part of the 2nd row are leather and the rest is vinyl. The 3rd row is all vinyl. From Toyota - “Premium leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats.”

I would definitely say the vinyl portions are way easier to keep clean, don’t stain as easily, etc. but the leather is much more “supple” and comfy.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can't keep up with all the new post, but somewhere today I saw pics that really seem to suggest that "Leather-trimmed" is just that. The center is cloth or something, and the outer edges are the leather.

We'll see hopefully soon.. but I just keep seeing all these people basing their Trim choices on "Leather Seats" and they could be in for a surprise.

norsemen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion XB, FJ Cruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a former FJ owner where my floor was essentially rubberized and plastic over metal with drain holes, there is no way id go back to a fully carpeted floor for an adventure type vehicle. Even if you aren't spending your days fording creeks, hitting the ol dusty trail, or running with the top off during a rain storm, there are so many other times you will want to wash out your interior with a hose.

ex:
snow, ice, mud from your boots during the winter
leaves during the fall
family man and kids throw up in the back seat on the way to grandmas house.... wash it out

Sponsored

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a former FJ owner where my floor was essentially rubberized and plastic over metal with drain holes, there is no way id go back to a fully carpeted floor for an adventure type vehicle. Even if you aren't spending your days fording creeks, hitting the ol dusty trail, or running with the top off during a rain storm, there are so many other times you will want to wash out your interior with a hose.

ex:
snow, ice, mud from your boots during the winter
leaves during the fall
family man and kids throw up in the back seat on the way to grandmas house.... wash it out
I really think many people don't know what they're missing with the rubber/ vinyl combo.

the fact that it's cleanable and that you're able to keep it new/fresh looking isn;t important to many because they don't know any better seems prevelant

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always kept the floor plugs out of my Wranglers. I also had cloth in both of them and never had the top on. In Phoenix, we get a lot of dust and dirt. I would hose them off at a car wash and they were fine.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was googling trying to find which cars may have rubberized flooring and I stumbled into aftermarket vinyl floorings for some existing vehicle. Like a carpet kit ... what really surprised me is the price... it was like $200 for the f150.

So now I'm wondering if the flooring should even be a concern... still Contemplating between Big Bend and Black Diamond if I can't afford the outer banks with the packages I want.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having the vinyl seats and rubber floor is a must for me. So my options are Black Diamond or Badlands.
If I have the top off and it rains, no big deal. I'm positive this will happen at some point. Likely many times.
I had an Xterra that I removed all the carpet and put truck bed liner throughout with a few drains added in the floor. I loved it. Doing the floor that way significantly increased the road noise. To an uncomfortable level for most.
This should function similar but without the drastic change in noise level. With top off or partially off noise difference, if any, shouldn't be noticeable. I imagine there is sound deadening material between the rubber floor and metal body. I can't imagine Ford would skip that step. It would be very loud inside without.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C55 amg
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford site calls it "Rubberized Flooring", however, my opinion generated from the marketing image of these floors. It looks to me as a vacuum/thermoform(cost effective manufacturing process), or a roto-molded part. Quite large. Then the drain plug assembly inserted above with a o-ring/gasket in between. A plastic nut installed beneath the sheet metals compresses the gasket to seal. Additional parts, Thus making it a more pricier option compared to the base with carpet.

However, my observation could be incorrect, and it is a large *(for 2-door or 4dr) molded rubber tub like part. The rubber would make installation simple.
Ford Bronco To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question? 1595709397937

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
98% sure I want the rubber floor. I have dogs. I think I want marine grade vinyl if it’s as nice as what is in my 10 year old boat. I have not been able to figure out if you can get heated seats with vinyl. That’s a must for my wife.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is usually the surface you sit on is leather and the sides are some other cheaper matching product.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I was googling trying to find which cars may have rubberized flooring and I stumbled into aftermarket vinyl floorings for some existing vehicle. Like a carpet kit ... what really surprised me is the price... it was like $200 for the f150.

So now I'm wondering if the flooring should even be a concern... still Contemplating between Big Bend and Black Diamond if I can't afford the outer banks with the packages I want.

yeah,..you really should not have to pay much if any more than cloth. but that doesn't mean ford won't charge you more or market it as an upgrade

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford site calls it "Rubberized Flooring", however, my opinion generated from the marketing image of these floors. It looks to me as a vacuum/thermoform(cost effective manufacturing process), or a roto-molded part. Quite large. Then the drain plug assembly inserted above with a o-ring/gasket in between. A plastic nut installed beneath the sheet metals compresses the gasket to seal. Additional parts, Thus making it a more pricier option compared to the base with carpet.

However, my observation could be incorrect, and it is a large *(for 2-door or 4dr) molded rubber tub like part. The rubber would make installation simple.
1595709397937.png
those seats look amazing if they're the vinyl. dark grey/black with beige stitching

if ford doesn't allow me the combo in the base or bb i might just have to suck it up in the bd

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now this is my biggest dilemma besides 2.3/manual vs 2.7.

I really want the vinyl and rubberized floor, as a dog owner carpet succkkkks.
That's why I have a Standard Poodle, no shedding! Lol

Kidding aside, yeah the wash out with the hose is tempting
Sponsored