Sponsored

To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question?

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it would seem that there are 2 core branches of the Bronco Trims..

Big Bend --> Outer Banks --> WildTrak
Black Diamond --> BadLands

the first branch comes with Carpet floor and cloth seats, the second with Rubber floor and Vinyl seats. For me, one of the reason's I've not made a reservation is because I can't decide which Branch to go down?

Every car I've owned has had carpeted floors and either Cloth or Leather Seats. The first thing I do is go out and buy the rubber floor mattes (think weather-tech). Of course even with those, at some point the carpet gets little stuff embedded that you can never seem to get vacuumed out!

So I would think that the Rubberized flooring (and maybe some carpet floor mats) would be perfect.. but then it raises nothing but questions for me.. (which is the point of my long winded post)

1) Is the Rubberized Flooring an insert, like the old Truck bed liners, so there is actually metal under it with an air gap that can rust out?
2) Would the Rubberized be much noisier than the carpet and padding?
3) Does having a Rubber floor have an impact on the Cabin Temperature as it relates to the outside temp?
4) Whenever I've had to run wires (like for a Sub Woofer) you had the option of "going under the carpet" ... I'm guessing that is not possible with this one (unless maybe #1 is an insert)

I also have apprehensions with the Vinyl seats, but I figured worse case, seat covers could fix that.
Every wrangler I've ownes I have taken out the carpet right away.

Jeep knows carpet is shit and they make it insanely easy to remove.

Get rid of the carpet.... You'll never look back
Sponsored

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a former FJ owner where my floor was essentially rubberized and plastic over metal with drain holes, there is no way id go back to a fully carpeted floor for an adventure type vehicle. Even if you aren't spending your days fording creeks, hitting the ol dusty trail, or running with the top off during a rain storm, there are so many other times you will want to wash out your interior with a hose.

ex:
snow, ice, mud from your boots during the winter
leaves during the fall
family man and kids throw up in the back seat on the way to grandmas house.... wash it out
YES I've had the FJ since Day 1. Drive it cross country with my wife and dog. I pull out the floor mats, grab a leave blower, hose it, wipe with towel and its new again. Were talking a Truck I bought in 2006 (2007 model) The thing looks and feels new. BUT.....I always wonder about sound deadening. I WONDER HOW MUCH QUIETER the carpeting would be.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from the MGV seat material and the rubberized floor versus carpet....are there any differences in the console switches, door switches, Hero switches, etc that provide more waterproofing in the Black Diamond and Badlands models?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Regarding the rubber floor, if I ever found myself in the position of ordering a Lariat Superduty, I would delete the carpet. My vehicles get used hard, and in the desert carpet just gets gross, especially under the seats where it is hard to vacuum. My current Superduty is off-road quite a bit and smells like dust after 19 years of service. The only fix seems to be compressed air and vacuuming whatevrthehell blows out from underneath.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aside from the MGV seat material and the rubberized floor versus carpet....are there any differences in the console switches, door switches, Hero switches, etc that provide more waterproofing in the Black Diamond and Badlands models?
Something in my memory tells me yes, Ford designed some of the buttons, switches, electronic components, etc to be water proof/resistant, but I haven't finished my morning coffee yet and don't feel like looking it up for you ? I'm sure someone else will chime in

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something in my memory tells me yes, Ford designed some of the buttons, switches, electronic components, etc to be water proof/resistant, but I haven't finished my morning coffee yet and don't feel like looking it up for you ? I'm sure someone else will chime in
I've seen references as well to something along those lines....what I'm trying to better understand is whether the switches are the same across all trim lines, or whether they are somehow "special" in the two models that claim to have the washout interior.