Sponsored

To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it would seem that there are 2 core branches of the Bronco Trims..

Big Bend --> Outer Banks --> WildTrak
Black Diamond --> BadLands

the first branch comes with Carpet floor and cloth seats, the second with Rubber floor and Vinyl seats. For me, one of the reason's I've not made a reservation is because I can't decide which Branch to go down?

Every car I've owned has had carpeted floors and either Cloth or Leather Seats. The first thing I do is go out and buy the rubber floor mattes (think weather-tech). Of course even with those, at some point the carpet gets little stuff embedded that you can never seem to get vacuumed out!

So I would think that the Rubberized flooring (and maybe some carpet floor mats) would be perfect.. but then it raises nothing but questions for me.. (which is the point of my long winded post)

1) Is the Rubberized Flooring an insert, like the old Truck bed liners, so there is actually metal under it with an air gap that can rust out?
2) Would the Rubberized be much noisier than the carpet and padding?
3) Does having a Rubber floor have an impact on the Cabin Temperature as it relates to the outside temp?
4) Whenever I've had to run wires (like for a Sub Woofer) you had the option of "going under the carpet" ... I'm guessing that is not possible with this one (unless maybe #1 is an insert)

I also have apprehensions with the Vinyl seats, but I figured worse case, seat covers could fix that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right now this is my biggest dilemma besides 2.3/manual vs 2.7.

I really want the vinyl and rubberized floor, as a dog owner carpet succkkkks.
I have a kid... so close to the same :)

I'm "lucky" in that I want the 10 speed Auto regardless. Pretty sure of the 2.7 but there are a lot of topics right now that are very convincing about the 2.3 having enough, even for a loaded down 4-door.... it may come down to the $$ if only we knew what that was!

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know, but I assume this is just a nicer version of the plastic floors you can get in XL trims of the F series trucks. I had an XL back in 2006; it had regular padding between the plastic and metal floor.

Overall I really liked it for the ease of cleaning. It was a bit slippery, but I think the Bronco floor is going to be better (rubbery). It didn’t seem to be any louder/hotter/colder inside than a carpeted vehicle.

I’m not sure how the drains will work, but I’m imagining like a plastic tube molded in the holes and somehow attached to the metal floor, to keep water and gunk getting in between the layers.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has been putting rubber/vinyl floors in trucks for years. In the F150, it installs like the carpet. I’m planning to buy the rubber floor part for the Bronco and install it myself.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From looking at the pics the rubberized floor looks a little better quality than the sheet on vinyl they lay on the floor of the F-150. Looks like a coating of thick rubber contoured to the floor.

Ford Bronco To Rubberized/Vinyl or not, that is the question? 61DBF90B-47D9-4707-845F-BA13B81FE3BB

Speaking for myself I really want the rubberized floor but with cloth seats. And I want it on either the Big Bend or Outer Banks. I just don't have the need for the Black Diamond and hate to spend money on things I don't need to get something I want.

I'm really hoping Ford sees many people want either the rubberized floor or the flooring and marine grade vinyl and make it available on all trim levels. I wouldn't think it would be that hard on the assembly line to lay the rubber down instead of carpet. But what do I know.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another worry for me is, just how will this rubber floor smell!?
Anyway... I'm sure they use jute matting under the floor and I'm sure they'll be installed like carpet, all edges tucked up under the panel trim. Sound and temp differences will likely be negligible

DingoDog

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone have any aftermarket water proof seat covers that work well?

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one thing the carpet will give you is more road sound proofing. In the end, unless you are going off-road the majority of the time/into rivers etc...the vinyl flooring with the drains probably isn't needed. And yah I'm wondering what the smell will be like.

And yes the flooring should be available on all trims as an option.

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m going with leather with seat covers for the days that I need them or will have the top off for an extended time. Hopefully I can keep the rubber floor with leather seats. Much easier to keep a rubber floor clean and not have to worry about spills.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one thing the carpet will give you is more road sound proofing. In the end, unless you are going off-road the majority of the time/into rivers etc...the vinyl flooring with the drains probably isn't needed. And yah I'm wondering what the smell will be like.

And yes the flooring should be available on all trims as an option.
The sound different is pretty negligible on the F150 from carpet to vinyl floor. I don’t notice a difference. I doubt there will be a tangible decibel difference between the two in the Bronco. If the roof is off, it won’t matter anyway.

I like the rubber floor because I live in Michigan and winter ruins carpeted floors.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the end, unless you are going off-road the majority of the time/into rivers etc...the vinyl flooring with the drains probably isn't needed.
The other time it comes in handy is if you get rained in. The doors on my Wrangler are off most of the time here in Florida. I need the floor drains to empty it out once in a while.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the first branch comes with Carpet floor and cloth seats, the second with Rubber floor and Vinyl seats. For me, one of the reason's I've not made a reservation is because I can't decide which Branch to go down?

Every car I've owned has had carpeted floors and either Cloth or Leather Seats. The first thing I do is go out and buy the rubber floor mattes (think weather-tech). Of course even with those, at some point the carpet gets little stuff embedded that you can never seem to get vacuumed out!

So I would think that the Rubberized flooring (and maybe some carpet floor mats) would be perfect.. but then it raises nothing but questions for me.. (which is the point of my long winded post)

1) Is the Rubberized Flooring an insert, like the old Truck bed liners, so there is actually metal under it with an air gap that can rust out?
3) Does having a Rubber floor have an impact on the Cabin Temperature as it relates to the outside temp?
4) Whenever I've had to run wires (like for a Sub Woofer) you had the option of "going under the carpet" ... I'm guessing that is not possible with this one (unless maybe #1 is an insert)

I also have apprehensions with the Vinyl seats, but I figured worse case, seat covers could fix that.

You might want to go ahead and make your reservation since it's a first come first serve Priority. You can always change trim level when ordering.
Sponsored