Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a Badlands on order and like the look of the 33's. It will mainly be an urban vehicle but the 35's look great and I would expect some point to change out to 35's. I believe that the Badlands requires new shocks and removal of the crash bars to get to 35's? Is the $4,020 worth the expense or is it less expensive to get the lift and wheels seperatly? thanks, j
Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the lift, wheels, and tires, but if you ARE going to do it later, get SAS. You can still swap out the wheels and tires as desired and the lift is already installed. Depending on the lift type, could get expensive real quick.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can do it yourself for cheaper than sasquash upcharge, especially if you sell the items you remove. Iā€™m getting a manual Badlands Sasquash, itā€™s even worse for me because they are charging me the cost of the automatic transmission upgrade Iā€™m not getting, but I want it to be a true ManBadSquash

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands on order and like the look of the 33's. It will mainly be an urban vehicle but the 35's look great and I would expect some point to change out to 35's. I believe that the Badlands requires new shocks and removal of the crash bars to get to 35's? Is the $4,020 worth the expense or is it less expensive to get the lift and wheels seperatly? thanks, j
I got my 2-door BL non-Squatch Bronco about a week ago. Unless you're a serious off-roader, I'd go non-Squatch. You're getting most of the Squatch components--less the 35" tires and expanded fender flares. I plan to do some off-roading and wanted access to the Lux package--so I went BL. But I won't be doing anything off-road that would create a need to Squatch it. Once I saw both in person, I actually prefer the look of the 33s--but that's a matter of opinion and many will like the 35s better. I can say that the 33s with the 7MT drive great on the road--I suspect a little better than the 35s (although many have commented on how well the 35s drive as well). Lastly, many Squatchers have commented on how much the stock 35s grab and throw rocks and other debris into the Bronco. I think that will be less of a problem with the 33s. I assume you can mitigate that problem to some extent if you find some non-stock 35s with a less aggressive tread.

Last edited:

Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well itā€™s really $2500 adder for SAS. There is something goofy where it adds the AT in the price when you select it. If you plan on adding 35ā€™s down the road it would be better to do it up front, it adds a 4.7 rearend vrs the 4.56, adds bigger fender flares, and I believe the shocks are different as well. Better to all be under warranty up front imo.

OP
OP
Jonny way

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Well itā€™s really $2500 adder for SAS. There is something goofy where it adds the AT in the price when you select it. If you plan on adding 35ā€™s down the road it would be better to do it up front, it adds a 4.7 rearend vrs the 4.56, adds bigger fender flares, and I believe the shocks are different as well. Better to all be under warranty up front imo.
Not sure what I am doing wrong on the Ford website when I build my Badlands 2-Door car with High Package, Perf Bumper, Crossbars, Automatic Sas Package shows as $4,020 not the $2,500 you mention.
Ford Bronco To Sas or Not to Sas Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.29.45 AM

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what I am doing wrong on the Ford website when I build my Badlands 2-Door car with High Package, Perf Bumper, Crossbars, Automatic Sas Package shows as $4,020 not the $2,500 you mention.
Ford Bronco To Sas or Not to Sas Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.29.45 AM
Weā€™ll go look at the transmission, it will show $0 instead of the $1895 charge.

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ā€˜21 BL with MT, optional beadlocks and the Goodyear MT tires (33ā€). I plan to hit the trails a lot, and already have quite a bit since pickup on Dec 9. Love it!

now that 35s are available with MT, I personally would pick that.

but I think your question prompts more questionsā€¦ If youā€™re not planning to off-road quite a bit, then why BL? Are ya really needing lockers and SBD? There are some other reasons, perhaps (washout interior, high package, and others probably). But a BB or BD may be a better fit, save you some cash, and give you a sweet ride!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jonny way

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Weā€™ll go look at the transmission, it will show $0 instead of the $1895 charge.
Quarky how it does that...so it is a $2,495 decision...not a $4,000 one. thanks.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quarky how it does that...so it is a $2,495 decision...not a $4,000 one. thanks.
Yep. Itā€™s misleading. Some will say itā€™s cheaper to add all that you get on your own later, I donā€™t think thatā€™s true. Lift, new wheels, new tires and all the labor adds up to over the cost and you have a beefier setup to start. If the tires are so bad, change them, itā€™s way cheaper than all the PPF hype. I have several friends that have the SAS and they say it rides and handles great and recommend that route. Thatā€™s what I ordered.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I thought the 4.7s and billstein shocks came with the badlands trim squatch or not. I know people are just removing the crash bars and putting 35s in them without doing anything else, and it seems to be fine. For any other trim, I would say to get the sasquatch package, but maybe not with the badlands.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think itā€™s probably cheaper to add sasquatch to a badlands than a different trim because a badlands already comes with some stuff thatā€™s in the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored