Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. It’s misleading. Some will say it’s cheaper to add all that you get on your own later, I don’t think that’s true. Lift, new wheels, new tires and all the labor adds up to over the cost and you have a beefier setup to start. If the tires are so bad, change them, it’s way cheaper than all the PPF hype. I have several friends that have the SAS and they say it rides and handles great and recommend that route. That’s what I ordered.
With the 7MT though, it seems quite expensive. Appears to add the cost for the Auto, without the Auto.
Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the 7MT though, it seems quite expensive. Appears to add the cost for the Auto, without the Auto.
I believe this is true. Not real sure. But remember this on the B&P, it could be different when you spec with your dealer during the order process.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m doing the non-squach as it will do everything off-road that I dare to do with a $50K vehicle. I’m also partial to Goodrich over Goodyear and I hear the KO2 is a better tire than the (not) Wrangler. I’ma few years when the KO2s wear out, I’ll consider bigger horse shoes.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the 4.7s and billstein shocks came with the badlands trim squatch or not. I know people are just removing the crash bars and putting 35s in them without doing anything else, and it seems to be fine. For any other trim, I would say to get the sasquatch package, but maybe not with the badlands.
I think the shocks are different between sas and non sas on the BL. And the manual does add the 4.7 rearend, the AT non sas is 4.56 gears. B&P may show you can change, but when you order, it’s not an option.

OP
OP
Jonny way

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a ‘21 BL with MT, optional beadlocks and the Goodyear MT tires (33”). I plan to hit the trails a lot, and already have quite a bit since pickup on Dec 9. Love it!

now that 35s are available with MT, I personally would pick that.

but I think your question prompts more questions… If you’re not planning to off-road quite a bit, then why BL? Are ya really needing lockers and SBD? There are some other reasons, perhaps (washout interior, high package, and others probably). But a BB or BD may be a better fit, save you some cash, and give you a sweet ride!
I like it b/c Its the best interior option with Black leather. I don't like the colored dash options on the lower levels.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t had my non SAS Badlands offroad yet, or really on road while the roads are salted, 33” tires fill out the wheel wells nicely. I may change wheels to something +30mm for a little poke and different look, but I’d keep the same 285/70R17 tires or could look at the 285/75R17 option depending on what’s available in C load range.

The only difference in the shocks on Badlands SAS vs non is .6” in height and less upward wheel travel on the SAS to keep the tires from rubbing. SAS wasn’t an option for me in 2021, the manual trans was the primary option I was after.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thinking about this same thing myself and wondering whether a Sas with the 4.7 gearing would actually work when dropping a tire size to 285/75/17 (c load) - not looking to have the RPMs whacked out. unlike some who are considering the SAS for larger tires later, I am doing it for access to more wheel options in the +30 offset range since trying to minimize poke.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t had my non SAS Badlands offroad yet, or really on road while the roads are salted, 33” tires fill out the wheel wells nicely. I may change wheels to something +30mm for a little poke and different look, but I’d keep the same 285/70R17 tires or could look at the 285/75R17 option depending on what’s available in C load range.

The only difference in the shocks on Badlands SAS vs non is .6” in height and less upward wheel travel on the SAS to keep the tires from rubbing. SAS wasn’t an option for me in 2021, the manual trans was the primary option I was after.
Well I went back and forth and decided to add the SAS. I do really like the look of the BFG 33”s but I have had them in the past and didn’t care for them in the long run. I found them to be really hard and develop a louder road noise as the wear down and I drive a lot of caliche roads and they began to chip off in chunks and really didn’t care for that. If you go with the 33” GY’s your within $600 of the SAS, so I figured it was a no brainer for the other adders.

BTW I love your rig. Mine will be the same, with a lil SAS to it. 🤣

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP-
If you like the BL non-Sas wheels, I would go with the non-Sas and put the slightly larger 285/75/17 (1 inch skinnier) on yours - would keep the tires within the fenders, 1 inch taller than the 33s and should ride great especially in a c-load - I would do this in a heartbeat but want to change out the non-Sas wheels to something with a more retro look and the higher +55 offset of the non-Sas limits options (so thinking of SAS).

Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch it. Better to have everything geared properly and warrantied.

But I will say, capability-wise, a Badlands on 33s can do everything you’ll need off-road.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agreed, if you think you will do 35's later go with factory SAS

but if your not doing much offroading the BL on 33's is great, and would most likely be a touch better daily driver
but SAS is fine for daily as well, that's what I do

Mirunner

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 or 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was back and for on this, but decided to add SAS for mine just for the gearing and the extra lift alone. 33's were fine for me, but I may want to switch to 35's or even 37's down the road so the gearing made it worth it. I also looked at what a lift would cost to add 35's. I could've got a spacer lift, but wanted to do it with a suspension lift. The sas just made sense to me. The final nail in the coffin for me was not getting a build date yet. So with at least an extra month added on of waiting, I may as well get everything I wanted. Since I will save the extra money for it in the meantime of waiting and waiting.....

Last edited:

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get sasquatch and your fully ready to go . No need to mod yourself . Basesaquash