Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that Sasquatch is available on the manual there's no reason for anyone that ever intends to run 35's to not get it. It wasn't available on manual for 2021 and I instantly bought 35" KO2s ($1,700 with a discount), leveling kit ($350 intalled with alignment) and wheel spacers ($320 for a good set). So even without buying new wheels, you're right around the factory cost of the Sasquatch on a Badlands so it's kind of dumb to not get it if you ever want 35s.
Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that Sasquatch is available on the manual there's no reason for anyone that ever intends to run 35's to not get it. It wasn't available on manual for 2021 and I instantly bought 35" KO2s ($1,700 with a discount), leveling kit ($350 intalled with alignment) and wheel spacers ($320 for a good set). So even without buying new wheels, you're right around the factory cost of the Sasquatch on a Badlands so it's kind of dumb to not get it if you ever want 35s.
Well let’s see what it looks like. 👀

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For your order, just get the Squatch if the stance is something you just have to have.

I bought good wheels and tires for my Base, new tpms and installation .... all in around $3600 .... still beats the $7800 they wanted for Base Squatch in 2021, PLUS I got to keep my manual.

On the flip side, seeing a Badlands on 33's and a BadSquatch on 35's side by side at the auto show, they are both very impressive and have considerable presence.
You can't really go wrong ..... unless you get a 4door.

(LOL, just kidding, next one WILL be a 4dr)

If your gonna hiway drive the snot out of it, I would strongly consider sticking with the 33's.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way back over a year ago when I first put in my order I paid attention to threads that were debating this. There were some pretty serious offroaders with some cred that chimed in. They were going with Badlands without sasquatch. The argument was the Badlands without it had more travel and they valued travel over ground clearance.

They (I know who are they? I forget, sorry) would rather put 35" tires on a non squatched Badlands. The engineering forgiveness tolerances necessitated a need for a bump stop that is installed with squatch and not standard badlands. An auto engineer stated that manufacturing tolerances were such that he didn't think a non sasquatched badlands would bottom out even on 35" tires.

35" tires on a badlands only requires removing the crash bars. Those come removed on sasquatch Broncos.

Another big point is the 4.7 gears on squatch compared to 4.46 on Badlands stock. Everyone seemed split on the benefits. 4.46 would be wishful thinking on Jeeps that went with bigger tires. Most thought that gearing would be fine but others were of the opinion that if you can get 4.7 from the factory at a $2500 cost then regardless of the larger tires it would be worth it.

I went with Badlands without sasquatch. I ordered a two door and think it looks right. I can always go larger tires but bought into the articulation argument and worried less about gearing. I also believe the Bronco was designed originally as a Badlands and everything else was a plus or minus from that model.

I am in no way an expert. I joined this thread October 2020. I have been on here an average of at least five days a week. That's roughly 320 days of pouring over all Bronco information I can.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For your order, just get the Squatch if the stance is something you just have to have.

I bought good wheels and tires for my Base, new tpms and installation .... all in around $3600 .... still beats the $7800 they wanted for Base Squatch in 2021, PLUS I got to keep my manual.

On the flip side, seeing a Badlands on 33's and a BadSquatch on 35's side by side at the auto show, they are both very impressive and have considerable presence.
You can't really go wrong ..... unless you get a 4door.

(LOL, just kidding, next one WILL be a 4dr)

If your gonna hiway drive the snot out of it, I would strongly consider sticking with the 33's.
Your self squatch is still missing the 4.70 gears, front locker, heavier M210 front axle, rear locker, Bilstein Hoss shocks, and other items worth far more than $4200. I agree the base 2 door with manual trans is the way to go, but adding wheels and tires doesn’t equal Sasquatch.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept 33” tires. Knowing I can upgrade later was the deciding factor, though I doubt it will be cheaper. Hope I don’t end up regretting, but given my daily driving I preferred the handling of the 33” model I test drove.
Sponsored