Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will address each of these and hopefully put your mind to rest on the issue:
1. Weight: That's what roadside assistance is for. I would also mention that if you can't lift an inflated 35" tire, you should probably rethink the Sasquatch Package in the first place.
2. Axles and Suspension will not be strained as the Sasquatch Package upgrades your suspension components along with upgrades the front axle from the M190 to the M210. The rear axle is already a Dana M210 on all trims. The 4.70 gears will turn those 35s like nothing. Most people running 35s on their trucks are still running them on 3.73 gears. The Bronco will be fine.
3. If you are on a legit off-road trail, most of them have off-road recovery services. This is also why you should never off-road by yourself and if you do, you should have a winch.
4 and 5. People don't run 35 inch tires because they care about fuel economy.
6. Most every reputable tire shop carries 35 inch tires. That's not even an issue.
Reasonable responses. You just have to be near civilization.
If you truly want to take this thing cross country (and not always have an easy roadside call) and be 85% on reasonable roads/ 10% dirt roads / 5% extreme OFF road conditions, smaller tires are better for that use case.

NOTE: Edit: I added the word "OFF"
Sponsored

Last edited:

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you truly want to take this thing cross country (and not always have an easy roadside call) and be 85% on reasonable roads/ 10% dirt roads / 5% extreme road conditions, smaller tires are better for that use case.
Yeah, but I'm not practical lol. As the saying goes, "Go big or go home!" See ya around, brother!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be ordering a Base with Sasquatch for the gears, lockers, front diff upgrade, and better shocks. My second set of tires will probably be 33's. The Sasquatch package offers so much more than just big ass tires, and is an excellent deal when you factor in the costs of these items and installation in the aftermarket. I'd be happy with the silver steelies and some 33's, but I WON'T be happy without lockers and lower gears. I'm so excited that they are offering the Squatch with the manual trans that I can forgive them for long waits, missed deadlines and poor communication, as long as I can drive home with my Squatched 2 door manual for around $35k out the door.
It's hilarious to me to hear people whining about grey tops, crappy keypads, and blue leather interiors knowing I'll be in a fleet vehicle pizza delivery bronco with everything I love about a Rubicon for around half the price. All that other crap is just noise, lol.
Hell yeah brother?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the trail head it always breaks my heart when i air dow and see my ground clearance drop,35s become 33s and so fort traction increases but when i hear mr granite knocking underneath i always wish i had more!
35s or bigger for me.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good answers. I’m happy you took the time to write it all out. No way was I going to put that much effort, much easier for me to SMH ??‍♂ with some of these responses.

They do make for some funny reading during a work day.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Weight: That's what roadside assistance is for. I would also mention that if you can't lift an inflated 35" tire, you should probably rethink the Sasquatch Package in the first place.
2. Axles and Suspension will not be strained as the Sasquatch Package upgrades your suspension components along with upgrades the front axle from the M190 to the M210. The rear axle is already a Dana M210 on all trims. The 4.70 gears will turn those 35s like nothing. Most people running 35s on their trucks are still running them on 3.73 gears. The Bronco will be fine.
3. If you are on a legit off-road trail, most of them have off-road recovery services. This is also why you should never off-road by yourself and if you do, you should have a winch.
4 and 5. People don't run 35 inch tires because they care about fuel economy.
6. Most every reputable tire shop carries 35 inch tires. That's not even an issue.
So front axle in the Badlands also goes from M190 to M210 ...or does it already have M210 in the front?

R

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So front axle in the Badlands also goes from M190 to M210 ...or does it already have M210 in the front?

R
The Badlands comes standard with the M210 front axle. The Badlands, Wildtrak, and First Edition have the M210s as standard in the front. All Broncos have the M220 Dana44 AdvanTEK in the rear. Here you go for reference.
Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! 1602623781101

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you truly want to take this thing cross country (and not always have an easy roadside call) and be 85% on reasonable roads/ 10% dirt roads / 5% extreme road conditions, smaller tires are better for that use case.
Well, reasonable people can disagree on that...and my opinion would take into consideration of how you define that "5% extreme road conditions". Road conditions? what kind of roads do you mean here? I guess you would be right if only talking about roads. If you meant "extreme trail conditions"; 5% would be a very high number, and for that I would take the most capable tire for extreme trails....which is the 35.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, reasonable people can disagree on that...and my opinion would take into consideration of how you define that "5% extreme road conditions". Road conditions? what kind of roads do you mean here? I guess you would be right if only talking about roads. If you meant "extreme trail conditions"; 5% would be a very high number, and for that I would take the most capable tire for extreme trails....which is the 35.
Should have said "OFF road conditions"

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be completely honest: I'm mainly going with the Sasquatch package for the look of the 35s. This vehicle will be my daily driver. I have no experience driving on tires of this size, and I doubt I'll be doing much off-roading aside from some good old Missouri mud roads and those same "lovely" roads in the winter for my daily commute to and from work. So they are complete overkill and highly impractical for me.

However, if that itch does in fact strike me and I end up wanting to seek out some trails (Definitely considering a road trip to Big Bend National Park sometime) then I'll be a little better prepared. Plus, if I end up not liking the 35s, it'll be much easier to just drop down to 33s and retain the other components that make up the Sasquatch package instead of having 32s or 33s and regretting that I didn't Squatch out my Bronco in the first place.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If one were to get a Bronco with Sasquatch package and wanted to to put 33s on it down the line, would that require new wheels? Or would 33s fit on the squatch wheels?
33s would easily fit. The wheels on the Badlands with 33s are the same as Sasquatch with a different color trim ring.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its been proven time and time again...my wife in her GC trailhawk and 32.5” AT tires can run 90% of the trails that we see Jeeps (w/ lifts & 35s/37s) on out here in CO. I guarantee you if I threw 33” MT back on my wrangler, I could go 99% of the places that wranglers with 35/37s go. How can I be so certain...because thats the size I ran for a few yrs before going to 35s. My low center of gravity wrangler has more articulation and under the belly clearance than majority of wranglers out there have.

whether she decides to stick with the 35” on the badsquatch or swap them out for 33s, i’ll let her make that call, but there isnt 1 trail out here that a bronco w/ 35s will be able to go that she couldnt with her 33s.

Bold statement-yes, but after wheeling numerous vehicles with both 33s and 35s, it comes down to the driver and other mods outside of just tire size.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally am leaning towards Sasquatch cause of the better stance and look, plus I think it’ll help with resale. Time and time again people ask “oh but does it have X package?” Don’t plan to sell it immediately but if I do could be a factor. And while the tires are big it’s not like it’s hard to go down to 33”. Probably going to have 2 sets anyways for the winter.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado/Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I LOVE the Sasquatch look with 35" MT tires! The proportions are great, BUT, since my initial infatuation, my desire has shifted toward 33" AT tires, standard on Badlands. Hard core rock crawler(?), then Sasquatch makes sense, if you're like me, you want Sasquatch for the cool factor. After reading about the 35" beadlocks, I thought I'd list the negatives that have me wanting the 33s.

35" MT tires w/beadlock rim CONS:

1) It's loud! - I had a 94 Def 90 with MT tires and was loud as crap, also had 95 Def 90 with AT, less loud but still loud. I have not lived with 35" mud terrains that come w/Sasquatch, but I imagine they will be louder than a fleet of 747s rolling down the highway. Sasquatch 35s are Mud Terrains.

2) Sucks gas - The weight and friction of 35", 315 MT tires will probably increase fuel consumption 10%.

3) Expensive - Replacing 35" tires costs a lot.

4) Hard to find - Buying replacements may be difficult relative to 32s or 33s.

5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

6) It's heavy! - I've raced mountain bikes and understand how much seemingly small weight changes affect rolling interita. Those heavy 35" tires plus heavy rims need a lot more torque to get them rolling relative to lighter 32 and 33 setups.

7) Stress - Extra weight and moment of 35" tires puts a lot more stress on the axels and differentials. This is one reason that adding the Dana 210 front end axel option should be obligatory when putting Sasquatch on lower trims.

Agree or disagree?

I bet most people considering Sasquatch are like me and have NEVER DRIVEN 35s.
Ford should offer a 33" Sasquatch option!
I can name more reasons to be single than to have a badass bronco on 35”+ and that’s from a wife’s up mans
Sponsored