Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can name more reasons to be single than to have a badass bronco on 35”+ and that’s from a wife’s up mans
Yup.

All I had to do was skim read the OP's rant.
Where he shows he doesn't understand the difference between Maximum Traction( Commercial Traction) tires and actual Mud Tires , at a glance.
Also, that new designs in the last 5-10 years are vastly superior to older ones, before the latest NVH CAD programs.
Or even that GY is phasing out the 20yo Commercial Traction Duratrac with, most likely, the new Max Trac Terrain, because the Duratrac is obsolete.

Silly uninformed rant, is silly.
Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It all depends what your goin to do with your truck overland 33s are fine ,rockcrawling you can do it but expect damage also you dont want to be a trail plug everyone behind you waiting to get by.
I think its awesome that the bronco is getting 35s if you dont want /need them dont get them.
This is my jeep on fordyce creek trail on 33s winch hill whatever # i made it no winch but its no picnic next time i went with 35s way better ,i got out at the top of this hill to take pics and i could barely walk down what i just drove up.
Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! 20201013_201348

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its been proven time and time again...my wife in her GC trailhawk and 32.5” AT tires can run 90% of the trails that we see Jeeps (w/ lifts & 35s/37s) on out here in CO. I guarantee you if I threw 33” MT back on my wrangler, I could go 99% of the places that wranglers with 35/37s go. How can I be so certain...because thats the size I ran for a few yrs before going to 35s. My low center of gravity wrangler has more articulation and under the belly clearance than majority of wranglers out there have.

whether she decides to stick with the 35” on the badsquatch or swap them out for 33s, i’ll let her make that call, but there isnt 1 trail out here that a bronco w/ 35s will be able to go that she couldnt with her 33s.

Bold statement-yes, but after wheeling numerous vehicles with both 33s and 35s, it comes down to the driver and other mods outside of just tire size.
I’d say that if a trail hawk can make it that’s not what I’d call off roading. I’ve seen people bring trail hawks to the trails, and they never make it very far. As soon as you see some deep mud you see them get stuck.

Sponsored

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever will be going on my Bronco as soon as I get it. I hate wide tires, but I want the clearance of the 35s. Tall and skinny for me.

Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! KLEVER
Love the tall skinny (pizza cutter) look! Any experience with these tires?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. If they had a package with the same mechanicals as the sasquatch but 33" tires I would probably order that.
It's called Badlands! lol

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With money being no object or if this was a DD, I would love to get a Badlands. This will be a weekend warrior toy for me. The base with Sasquatch is a hell of a value.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I LOVE the Sasquatch look with 35" MT tires! The proportions are great, BUT, since my initial infatuation, my desire has shifted toward 33" AT tires, standard on Badlands. Hard core rock crawler(?), then Sasquatch makes sense, if you're like me, you want Sasquatch for the cool factor. After reading about the 35" beadlocks, I thought I'd list the negatives that have me wanting the 33s.

35" MT tires w/beadlock rim CONS:

1) It's loud! - I had a 94 Def 90 with MT tires and was loud as crap, also had 95 Def 90 with AT, less loud but still loud. I have not lived with 35" mud terrains that come w/Sasquatch, but I imagine they will be louder than a fleet of 747s rolling down the highway. Sasquatch 35s are Mud Terrains.

2) Sucks gas - The weight and friction of 35", 315 MT tires will probably increase fuel consumption 10%.

3) Expensive - Replacing 35" tires costs a lot.

4) Hard to find - Buying replacements may be difficult relative to 32s or 33s.

5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

6) It's heavy! - I've raced mountain bikes and understand how much seemingly small weight changes affect rolling interita. Those heavy 35" tires plus heavy rims need a lot more torque to get them rolling relative to lighter 32 and 33 setups.

7) Stress - Extra weight and moment of 35" tires puts a lot more stress on the axels and differentials. This is one reason that adding the Dana 210 front end axel option should be obligatory when putting Sasquatch on lower trims.

Agree or disagree?

I bet most people considering Sasquatch are like me and have NEVER DRIVEN 35s.
Ford should offer a 33" Sasquatch option!
1) they are not true bead lock wheels. They are bead lock capable wheels which means they come from the factory as regular wheels and you have the option to to convert the to bead locks if you want. So there’s really no maintenance issues there unless you decide to convert them to bead locks.

2) the 35” good year mt tires that come withSasquatch package are not true MT ( mud terrain tires) they’re what good year calls maximum traction tires and they are more of hybrid AT than they are a true mud terrain tire.

3) based on the tread pattern for the new 35” good year territory MTs noise will probably be about the same as an AT tire

4) torque won’t be a problem. The 2.7 has 400 ft lbs of torque and the 2.3 has 310 ft lbs.

5) LT315/70R17 is a common tire size and so is 35x12.50R17 so finding replacements is now problem.

6) properly configured from the factory with the Sasquatch package running 35’s axels and differentials are not an issue.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d say that if a trail hawk can make it that’s not what I’d call off roading. I’ve seen people bring trail hawks to the trails, and they never make it very far. As soon as you see some deep mud you see them get stuck.
Just curious if you think hells revenge trail in Moab is what you would call off roading?

Here is a pic of a trailhawk that followed us the entire trail. He pumped the suspension to the highest clearance and finished the trail. He had a blast and the smoothest ride back home to Texas compared to everyone else.
Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! B3019352-2043-4ABD-AD52-888612BCB0EC

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With money being no object or if this was a DD, I would love to get a Badlands. This will be a weekend warrior toy for me. The base with Sasquatch is a hell of a value.
Same for me, Base Sasquatch is a great way to get extreme capability for minimum cost. I, however would be happier with 33's, 285 width, for highway manners and easier to chain up.

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's over $2k, will not be getting it since it's mostly a component swap (and the BD already includes a rear locking diff). That's just me though.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same for me, Base Sasquatch is a great way to get extreme capability for minimum cost. I, however would be happier with 33's, 285 width, for highway manners and easier to chain up.
It would be nice if they had a baby sasquatch package that came with 33 A/Ts, rear locker, and 4.46 gears. I'd probably pay like 2k for that on a base.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be nice if they had a baby sasquatch package that came with 33 A/Ts, rear locker, and 4.46 gears. I'd probably pay like 2k for that on a base.
You might wanna run that by Ford. It’s not a bad idea actually.