Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every time I think no squatch I see 35s on a jeep. Ugh

Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! AB8677CE-EF7E-4B07-B2A9-934AA6499143
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tire diameter has zero to do with tread noise. Ask any semi truck driver.
Lol, lets just say that those that want Squatch have their own reasons, that vid didn't tell me anything that I don't know, just confirmed it....granted marginally more expensive. But BL, 2500, which is basically the cost of the tires, plus a few parts. So it's if you want 33s or 35s.

As long as my Bronco doesn't sound like a prop-plane taking off I'm good with the noise.

But I guess the question is, the tires on the Sasquatch are Goodyear Territory (I believe a Canadian market tire so I don't believe any Americans have used them...similar to Duratecs/Wrangler, maybe?)

Anyway, as I said, with the 35's and 33's were both KO2's but am I gonna hate these Goodyears? Granted, if I want 35's on a badlands it makes no sense not to buy them from the factory due to speedo adjustments, bumpstops, or any other suspension tweaking that needs to be done....so I guess my question is pointless. If I want KO2's after, guess I'll have to buy, lol.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, lets just say that those that want Squatch have their own reasons, that vid didn't tell me anything that I don't know, just confirmed it....granted marginally more expensive. But BL, 2500, which is basically the cost of the tires, plus a few parts. So it's if you want 33s or 35s.

As long as my Bronco doesn't sound like a prop-plane taking off I'm good with the noise.

But I guess the question is, the tires on the Sasquatch are Goodyear Territory (I believe a Canadian market tire so I don't believe any Americans have used them...similar to Duratecs/Wrangler, maybe?)

Anyway, as I said, with the 35's and 33's were both KO2's but am I gonna hate these Goodyears? Granted, if I want 35's on a badlands it makes no sense not to buy them from the factory due to speedo adjustments, bumpstops, or any other suspension tweaking that needs to be done....so I guess my question is pointless. If I want KO2's after, guess I'll have to buy, lol.
Those goodyears are not a mud tire and won't have the "sing" you're thinking about. High tread:void ratio and smallish tread blocks. They shouldn't be noticeably louder than KO2s, the Falken AT3Ws or any of the other regular all terrains on the road.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those goodyears are not a mud tire and won't have the "sing" you're thinking about. High tread:void ratio and smallish tread blocks. They shouldn't be noticeably louder than KO2s, the Falken AT3Ws or any of the other regular all terrains on the road.
yup...stupid "Max Traction" tire not mud-terrain ...haha, I've read about them. Weird that Goodyear chose an acronym that already exists in the off-road world

Reactions: JT1

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OMGoodness guys come on! Tire noise comes with the territory of trucks with bigger tires or SUVs with bigger tires, unless you want to look like Stacy's mom driving around a Bronco on 35" or 33" all-seasons, if you can even find those. If you want to be a meme, go for it. There is literally no downside to running 35s besides the $100-$300 difference for a set of four. Plus, the 35s that come on the Sasquatch aren't true Mud Terrains. They are more like a hybrid tire which includes an outside tread pattern similar to a mud terrain but performs like an all-terrain due to extensive siping and closer inner tread pattern. They won't be super loud.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who daily drives 35" "true" MT tires on an F150 and 2dr wrangler w/ soft top 70-75mph I have zero issues w/ them. My 35" on my F150 are still quieter than my wife's GC w/ 32.5" KO2 tires. Are my tires louder on my jeep-yes they are but I also have open/exposed aftermarket fenders and sit much closer to the tires than my f150 so more road noise is expected. I rotate my tires on all vehicles every 3k miles (f150 MT-41k miles on them, wrangler MT-15k miles on them, GC AT-40k miles on them).

But people have to also understand, 35" tires do create more wear & tear on suspension/steering components than 33" tires do.

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would probably do better in a Bronco Sport

I LOVE the Sasquatch look with 35" MT tires! The proportions are great, BUT, since my initial infatuation, my desire has shifted toward 33" AT tires, standard on Badlands. Hard core rock crawler(?), then Sasquatch makes sense, if you're like me, you want Sasquatch for the cool factor. After reading about the 35" beadlocks, I thought I'd list the negatives that have me wanting the 33s.

35" MT tires w/beadlock rim CONS:

1) It's loud! - I had a 94 Def 90 with MT tires and was loud as crap, also had 95 Def 90 with AT, less loud but still loud. I have not lived with 35" mud terrains that come w/Sasquatch, but I imagine they will be louder than a fleet of 747s rolling down the highway. Sasquatch 35s are Mud Terrains.

2) Sucks gas - The weight and friction of 35", 315 MT tires will probably increase fuel consumption 10%.

3) Expensive - Replacing 35" tires costs a lot.

4) Hard to find - Buying replacements may be difficult relative to 32s or 33s.

5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

6) It's heavy! - I've raced mountain bikes and understand how much seemingly small weight changes affect rolling interita. Those heavy 35" tires plus heavy rims need a lot more torque to get them rolling relative to lighter 32 and 33 setups.

7) Stress - Extra weight and moment of 35" tires puts a lot more stress on the axels and differentials. This is one reason that adding the Dana 210 front end axel option should be obligatory when putting Sasquatch on lower trims.

Agree or disagree?

I bet most people considering Sasquatch are like me and have NEVER DRIVEN 35s.
Ford should offer a 33" Sasquatch option!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would probably do better in a Bronco Sport
Because I don't want 35" tires and am leaning towards the Badlands w/33s, you say I should get a Sport? I don't want to call you a fool on this forum, but what a foolish comment. There will be many guys that order 35s to look cool and will end up regretting it.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the smallest tire you can put on a Sasquatch rim?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OMGoodness guys come on! Tire noise comes with the territory of trucks with bigger tires or SUVs with bigger tires, unless you want to look like Stacy's mom driving around a Bronco on 35" or 33" all-seasons, if you can even find those. If you want to be a meme, go for it. There is literally no downside to running 35s besides the $100-$300 difference for a set of four. Plus, the 35s that come on the Sasquatch aren't true Mud Terrains. They are more like a hybrid tire which includes an outside tread pattern similar to a mud terrain but performs like an all-terrain due to extensive siping and closer inner tread pattern. They won't be super loud.
If I looked like Stacey's mom... :LOL:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spot on ?

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup...stupid "Max Traction" tire not mud-terrain ...haha, I've read about them. Weird that Goodyear chose an acronym that already exists in the off-road world
Precisely why they'll be for sale as soon as I take delivery. Dozens of better options in that size.
Sponsored