First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996, Speed Triple, Odyssey, LS460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wanted to throw this out there to the community. Was strongly considering ceramic coating for the (almost here) BD.

Our dealer is offering the interior/exterior Simoniz GlassCoat with warranty for $895.

Basic google research seems to indicate worth it for the warranty.

To the community - thoughts? Anyone with Simoniz coating? Or other ceramic coating? Worth it?

Let me know what you think!
Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adams graphene treated me well. The most forgiving ceramic coating imo.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a local detailer apply the Simoniz product on the exterior along with paint correction for $400 and it is looking great after 7 months. I also have a BD and didn't see a need for an interior treatment since I have the mgv . I think its a great value compared to the much more expensive coating packages offered by the higher end detail shops.

OP
OP
moborb

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adams graphene treated me well. The most forgiving ceramic coating imo.
Did you have a dealer install? If you don’t mind me asking, how much for the exterior coating? Thanks!

OP
OP
moborb

moborb

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a local detailer apply the Simoniz product on the exterior along with paint correction for $400 and it is looking great after 7 months. I also have a BD and didn't see a need for an interior treatment since I have the mgv . I think its a great value compared to the much more expensive coating packages offered by the higher end detail shops.
Thanks for the feedback! I’m thinking I’ll go back and ask about exterior only given the BD mgv interior. Good call.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a dealer install? If you don’t mind me asking, how much for the exterior coating? Thanks!
I did it myself and if I remember right the graphene ceramic coat was ~$30-$40 on Amazon. If you go for one of the multi-year ceramic coatings they flash really quickly and a DIY'r can get in trouble. Better left to professionals. This product only lasts a year so depending on the warranty the dealer is offering it may be worth it to you.

I was inspired by this video...
Sponsored