First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having owned 3 wranglers in my life CJ,YJ, and now JK, I'll wait and go with the hardtop. Both CJ and YJ were soft tops and when your young things like constant leaks, wind noise, and cab never getting above 40 degrees is easer to handle then when your over 50. also we know why most guys want the soft-tops (chick magnets) the good old days at the Jersey shore!! As I am past that part of life now the HT is my choice. I will still submit to best top and spend 1k on the sunrider half top as I do still like the open-air feeling during the summer months. Funny how this same top for the JK is all but half the cost as the one for the bronco..
50 here. Like you, I’ve had many inadequate heating systems in Jeep’s. I do however, have a soft top bronco. The heater in this platform works really well. Aided by the heated seats and steering wheel, my wife and I stayed nice and toasty in 4 degree temps running 75mph on a 4 hour road trip this past weekend.
Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the Factory Soft Top actually Weather Proof?

We have a couple videos and pictures here of not just wind, but snow and rain getting inside as well?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And another point concerning soft tops. I’ve read plenty of posts here where people make comments on wind noise. I can only surmise that most of those people have never owned a soft top convertible SUV. If it’s a soft top, you are absolutely going to hear the car overtaking you on the Highway, and you will always have wind noise. The windows and fabric are only a few millimeters thick. Be realistic in your expectations. I find my soft top Extremely Quiet. Why, you may be asking. This top does not flutter like every other soft top I’ve ever owned. You don’t realize how loud soft tops can actually be if they are slapping around in the wind. This one stays planted for the most part.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never owned a soft top vehicle and I was a little hesitant on switching from the mic but after the quality issues and the trade in market I switched to get my bronco quicker. I'm also very pleased with it, sure it's not the quietest but I'm not gonna complain. Like said before so easy to use no panels to deal with just flip it back and go. I live in western pa so far no issues with the weather getting inside and it stays toasty. Can't wait for the warm weather!

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been a dual top Jeep owner for around 4 years now and my son has taken that and I have a 2dr hardtop bronco. We run the soft top on the Jeep from very early spring to November (this past year) but for any cold weather states I can’t see using it year round. There is no rear wiper and no defrost option - makes visibility tough here in the northeast as soon as it gets cold.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the Factory Soft Top actually Weather Proof?

We have a couple videos and pictures here of not just wind, but snow and rain getting inside as well?
It was made to be driven outside - not hiding in a garage

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco To Soft Top, or Not to Soft Top? a97cf757552f52d3be00e959ff1ddb15

Ford Bronco To Soft Top, or Not to Soft Top? XFqHtXE

I kid! My Bestop Trektop for my 2 door arrives today!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the Soft top does not Clamp Down or Seal AT ALL on the sides. At the side of the Bronco over the doors you can reach your hand inside the vehicle from the outside of the truck. NOT a great design at all.

To say the least, I am already looking for a Hard Top.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, the Soft top does not Clamp Down or Seal AT ALL on the sides. At the side of the Bronco over the doors you can reach your hand inside the vehicle from the outside of the truck. NOT a great design at all.

To say the least, I am already looking for a Hard Top.
Did you see the Litebrite video where they were driving through a big wind storm? They were holding on to their roof because it was pulling away so much from the vehicle.

If you get high temps anything near your head will be radiating heat during the summer. It just isn’t very comfortable. It was 107 at Moab off-roadeo and the AC was struggling a bit even with the 2.3.

Also, you cannot put anything on the roof of a soft top. Anyone that wants a box or racks or whatever will need a hard top.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in so cal you think I would be a soft top guy, but I am not!....but when given the option to switch from a MIC top to a Soft Top to speed up my delivery I made the switch!! I am glad I did cause I have no issues with the soft top and the noise is not a issue. I have had it in sub zero conditions and monsoon type of rain's and there were absolutely no issues!!

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the flag graphics. As for the top, something doesn't look right there. Was there extreme heat that caused the fabric to get soft or something? I've not seen one stretched like that up to this point.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started out with the Painted Mod Top, but with all the delays I mad the switch to the soft top and I do not regret it. The biggest complaint I have it the rearward visibility with the top folded down is virtually non existent. I can't wait for the IAC rear top struts to arrive. they will make opening the clamshell so much nicer.
Sponsored