First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
About to take my soft top in Central Ohio. Not the least bit concerned.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in southern new england which in recent years gets more winter rain than snow, but I took it up to Maine for the holiday and the soft top was fine in the 2-4 inches of snow it was hit by while we were up there.

The wind noise on the highway is a lot though. Don't let anyone tell you differently. 3-4+ hour road trips can be rough depending on your individual sensory sensitivity.

Fulano

Big Bend
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm also in Western Washington and have had my BB soft top since July, so I've gotten a lot of time with the top down in the sun. But now that the rain and snow are upon us, Ive been hypersensitive to keeping everything dry inside. And so far, so good, even in some torrential downpours.

My only criticism of the softtop is this: the water runs like a Snoqualmie Falls right down the driver and passenger front door windows. So every time I open the door to get in or out I take a mini shower. There are little channels stitched into the edge but I think they are just for show because the serve no observable function. Despite this issue, I am more than happy with the softops and am glad I selected it

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hard top issues seem to have botched everything beyond belief; what a complete crapshoot ordering this thing has been.

Still have an unscheduled first-40-hours res for a 2 door (would've ordered soft top if they offered!), yet one of (yes 'one of') my NEWLY made backup orders (4dr soft top of course) placed with a diff local dealer on 11/1/21 w/no prior res is already scheduled (week of 2/21)! I would've had no idea too other than that the manager told me this in response to my request asking him to remove a couple constraints from my order. It's fully loaded with constraints too - everything BUT a hard top (BL, 2.7L, Lux, Squatch, Tow, modular bumper, etc).

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in southern new england which in recent years gets more winter rain than snow, but I took it up to Maine for the holiday and the soft top was fine in the 2-4 inches of snow it was hit by while we were up there.

The wind noise on the highway is a lot though. Don't let anyone tell you differently. 3-4+ hour road trips can be rough depending on your individual sensory sensitivity.
The hard top isnā€™t much better for wind noise. The only major points it gets is for the rear window. You donā€™t get that whooshing. My sister has a hard top wrangler and itā€™s loud as well. This is just the nature of the beast for what you are buying.

Sponsored

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there a thread that covers what you get with the different top options? I ordered an OBX with MIC and the Sunrider top as well - I was assuming I'd get two tops that I can swap back and forth - am I correct? Second, is the $2400 Sunrider soft top on the order page actually the same as the $1700 Bestop you can order aftermarket?

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had originally ordered a hardtop. When the delays started stacking up I switched to the soft top and have no regrets. That said, every Jeep I've ever bought, I've bought with a hardtop because I prefer the looks/sound deadening but then, every time, about 6 months to a year later I've wound up selling the hardtop and buying a soft top due to the convenience of it.

Tubbystrut

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the helpful review. As a fellow PNWesterner, I just recently changed to soft top (with pretty much the same build as yours). I figure the worst of winter will be done by the time I get it and I'm going with a 3rd-party hardtop eventually anyway.

Your experience makes me feel a whole lot better about my decision.

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been staunch about "this is what I want so I will wait for a hard top" since I made my reservation in Oct 2020. I was forced out of AMB due to being stubborn and Ford's incompetence in the launch of the Bronco. Monday I finally caved and switched my Oxford White WT order to a soft top after reading many glowing reviews like the OP's. Worse case scenario, I will purchase a after market hard top. I wish I had the insight when first placing my order to just get the soft top. Great review!

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for this. Iā€™m receiving my 2-Door next week. Iā€™m ordering a second Bronco to use for a Turo rental property (and to use myself): I initially ordered a Sasquatch 2-Doorā€¦.but Iā€™m really leaning toward doing the soft top so Incan have a ā€˜convertibleā€™ here in Florida:. Your post is pushing me to go in that direction. Most renters want 4-Doors anyway.

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the soft top, and I was a hardcore hard top believer before that.

I would have lemon law-ed that Rover so fast itā€™s not even funny. Probably why the dealership struck a deal with you, they weā€™re worried they would have to give you a lot more.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered a Soft Top myself after seeing all the issues with the Hard Top. Ended up getting a build date at the end of January and with any luck have it sometime before spring! Not going to lie though yours looks pretty good in the snow!

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having owned 3 wranglers in my life CJ,YJ, and now JK, I'll wait and go with the hardtop. Both CJ and YJ were soft tops and when your young things like constant leaks, wind noise, and cab never getting above 40 degrees is easer to handle then when your over 50. also we know why most guys want the soft-tops (chick magnets) the good old days at the Jersey shore!! As I am past that part of life now the HT is my choice. I will still submit to best top and spend 1k on the sunrider half top as I do still like the open-air feeling during the summer months. Funny how this same top for the JK is all but half the cost as the one for the bronco..

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having owned 3 wranglers in my life CJ,YJ, and now JK, I'll wait and go with the hardtop. Both CJ and YJ were soft tops and when your young things like constant leaks, wind noise, and cab never getting above 40 degrees is easer to handle then when your over 50. also we know why most guys want the soft-tops (chick magnets) the good old days at the Jersey shore!! As I am past that part of life now the HT is my choice. I will still submit to best top and spend 1k on the sunrider half top as I do still like the open-air feeling during the summer months. Funny how this same top for the JK is all but half the cost as the one for the bronco..
Neat.
Sponsored