OP
OP

igarrett1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently drive a Toyota Camry but bronco soon.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got the Squatch and the 2.7L because America!
Interesting reasoning sir 😂 I’m still on the fence. Feel like it would be cheaper to lift it 2-3 inches and throw some 35” KO2 on there with a beadlock wheel

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to be an argument between people who didn't have the money for squatch or did have have the money for squatch. Bronco was clearly designed for a SAS stance. The non-sas badlands looks good but the SAS badlands looks GREAT. It's worth it for both sides of the fence, those who did it for looks, or those who did it for performance (gearing and lift). If you don't care about either of those things leave it off.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one mentioned that it is covered by the manufacturer's warranty as opposed to going aftermarket which will not be covered by the warranty. I also believe that 30 years from now a factory Sasquatch'd package will be more desirable than a modified Bronco.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imo I think it’s a personal opinion for what you like. Some like the more vintage looking, some like the badass you’re about to get runned over look.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to be an argument between people who didn't have the money for squatch or did have have the money for squatch. Bronco was clearly designed for a SAS stance. The non-sas badlands looks good but the SAS badlands looks GREAT. It's worth it for both sides of the fence, those who did it for looks, or those who did it for performance (gearing and lift). If you don't care about either of those things leave it off.
I could afford whatever I wanted. I went Badlands non SAS because I wanted a manual in 2021 with heated seats and the 12” screen. The non SAS with 33” tires is likely a better daily driver, same gearing with a lighter and shorter tire/wheel combo. The non SAS also has more suspension travel. Now that the manual is available with SAS I probably would go Mansquatch because I can, but paying the $1800 more for the auto I’m not getting is a little salty.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just drove a Big Bend, with a 2.3 l engine in a 4-door with freaking passenger car tires at a rodeo. It went places that I have never been able to go before in heavy mud, steep mud both up and down tight turns in mud. And I was shocked at the capability of this thing. You certainly don't need Sasquatch. I could afford it but it's just a waste of your money, both now and later in worse fuel economy, etc. Use it for some better scotch. And all the other upgrades we want.

You won't get more girls.....

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a non squch'd OBX which I purchased a lift and 35" wheels and tires for. Then 2 days before going in to put it all on, my truck was totalled in a wreck. Replacement has Sasq pkg. Love it, love not having to make something look like it otherwise.

The non Sasq'd Bronco just didn't look right.

BTW, took the stock wheels and tires off the Sasq and replaced it with the 16" Method Racing wheels I had already purchased and the set of Falkan Wildpeaks. Looks great, a bit old school like my '77.

Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands 20220421_190032

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one mentioned that it is covered by the manufacturer's warranty as opposed to going aftermarket which will not be covered by the warranty. I also believe that 30 years from now a factory Sasquatch'd package will be more desirable than a modified Bronco.

This. This is why I did it cause I know 35s will be more than I will ever need, it completes the look that I want, and most importantly, you can have it all covered under warranty for YEARS. But of course from a value standpoint alone, its not worth it IF 33s are enough for you.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch,
1: In the long run it will have a higher resale value
2: You get to sit at the Cool Kids table
3: Go Big or Go Home
4: My BadManSquatch order is only $2405 more than a like optioned Non-Squatch BL build with added optional beadlocks and 33" mud terrains.

While it's a guess if the Squatch VIN will return me the $2400 at resale over what a standard BL is bringing , to me it will be worth it every time I park next to a standard BL on 33s.

I have had an '85 4Runner on 33s and another '85 on 36" Swampers along with an H2 on 35" KOs. All of them had the suspension for full clearance offroad.

Not once have I said, "I wish my tires were smaller"...

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

are you serious offroading? if not imo bl is great.

everyone here will say sas. sas is a great deal for the cost, but for 4k if you aren't serious offroading you could do wheels, tires, and a lift for the look/rollover cheaper.

the bottom line is why do you want it? serious offroad or looks?

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided not to squatch mine since the Badlands is already set up to be as capable as a Squatched one, so maybe save the $4K for other upgrades or accessories and then re-evaluate if you want different wheels/lift/aftermarket suspension/tires, whatever
exactly as I did.... I couldn't see the extra 4k for basically wheels, tires and what .5" lift, larger flares (I like the regular flares better) and I think the gears changes minimal.... Unless I miss something.

Love my non sas badlands almost a week now!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could afford whatever I wanted. I went Badlands non SAS because I wanted a manual in 2021 with heated seats and the 12” screen. The non SAS with 33” tires is likely a better daily driver, same gearing with a lighter and shorter tire/wheel combo. The non SAS also has more suspension travel. Now that the manual is available with SAS I probably would go Mansquatch because I can, but paying the $1800 more for the auto I’m not getting is a little salty.
Exactly. If SAS was available with the features you wanted (manual) and you have the money you would have gone SAS. I rest my case.
Sponsored