Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual BL has 4.7 gearing, lol
Ok, agreed. If you have a BL manual and were guaranteed to go 37s and swap suspension I would have done the same thing and skipped squatch.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even without the sasquatch(w/auto) it has 4.46 gears which are plenty fine to run 35's on a badlands without sas. You aren't going to notice it enough to worry about it.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made it through Hells Revenge with my non-SAS 2.3 Auto Badlands…there was only 1-2 spots where I notably couldn’t make the harder line and the 2.3 is fantastic off-road and passing semi’s on mountain roads. Get what you want and can afford.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If everyone thinks like you then the production numbers of BL with Squatch will be really low compared to standard trim BLs. Thanks, my BL Squatch just gained equity.

Won't be financing. I don't make payments on my toys.

I am not buying a $2k 1" Lift, I am buying a Club Membership.

If I was still working 2 jobs as a 22 year old like when I bought my '85 4Runner off the floor, I might be more frugal. Probably not though since I traded in my 350 HP '77 Vette for it.

At 60 this summer , I am completely comfortable buying whatever trim I want.

And after I pass the warranty date , maybe 37s or 40s.
Great! As i alluded, there are folks out there that find the intangibles have value beyond the strictly logical and functional, to take a page from your generation, not that i am that far behind you, you bought the 'Members Only' jacket as a young man in the 1980's for far more then it was worth from a functional or aesthetic comparison with other jackets because of your personal belief in the cachet of the badge, that it was better because it was less common/more expensive and conferred a form of increased status in your mind. Some people will agree with you and the Badlands fender sticker with the Sasquatch addition will bring in more dollars then without. For those folks, the badge on the jacket is the important thing, that it keeps them no more warm or dry is irrelevant to their perception that they are special for having paid more for the badge without getting a commensurate increase in utility.
It is refreshing that you recognize and acknowledge that the value for you is 'being in the club'.

Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch is well worth it. Much better looking, and noticeably better ground clearance. Take it all day long…you’ll kick yourself later if you pass up factory 35s. Do it.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great! As i alluded, there are folks out there that find the intangibles have value beyond the strictly logical and functional, to take a page from your generation, not that i am that far behind you, you bought the 'Members Only' jacket as a young man in the 1980's for far more then it was worth from a functional or aesthetic comparison with other jackets because of your personal belief in the cachet of the badge, that it was better because it was less common/more expensive and conferred a form of increased status in your mind. Some people will agree with you and the Badlands fender sticker with the Sasquatch addition will bring in more dollars then without. For those folks, the badge on the jacket is the important thing, that it keeps them no more warm or dry is irrelevant to their perception that they are special for having paid more for the badge without getting a commensurate increase in utility.
It is refreshing that you recognize and acknowledge that the value for you is 'being in the club'.
Value in having a Squatch over not having one.

BL buyers aren't being taken by going Squatch anymore than any other model buyer. Sure the BL 7mt already gets the 4.7 gears and lockers at both ends but it's a sliding scale between models and the BL Squatch cost is the lowest of all the models.

As to the MO jacket. My 24yo daughter saw a picture of me in my one and only black one and commented that she wished I had it instead of my letterman jacket.

She said that she "would wear the hell out of my badass MO"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s your Opinion on getting the Sasquatch package on a badlands model?
No Squatch 2.7

Better gearing for the highway.
Plenty of gear for 33's or 35's.
More articulation.

You are going to get different rims and tires anyway... especially the way the Goodyear Wranglers throw rocks.

Do you really want to spend $2500 for a set of rims and tires?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s your Opinion on getting the Sasquatch package on a badlands model?
You should totally go SAS, OR you should avoid at all costs. Just depends...

Sponsored

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even without the sasquatch(w/auto) it has 4.46 gears which are plenty fine to run 35's on a badlands without sas. You aren't going to notice it enough to worry about it.
I think you will find 4.46 and 35s won't have the upper power band torque.

As a real world example without doing the maths*,

My 85 4Runner had stock 4.10 and 31" 2.3 liter 5 speed (od)

When getting ready to re-gear and upside tires , I called Genuine Gear and told them what the oem setup was and that I was going to a 36" tire.

The guy I spoke with said hold on let me do the calculations, he came back and said I would need 5.29 for the 36s.

I did a test noting the engine rpms at 60 mph oem stock condition.

After the 5.29 and 36s , did the same 60 mph / rpm test.

It was only 50 rpm higher different than oem setup.

Even with 36s my 4Runner keeps in the Power Band running 5th gear. Literally runs faster than I feel comfortable driving it.

As a comparison, back in 1985 after I bought my 4Runner , I put 3" Lift and ran 12.50 x 15 x 33s on the oem 4.10 gears.

It struggled running 5th gear on any grade or pulling a small trailer with 2 dirt bikes on it. Summer trips from Dallas to Colorado sucked on the highway.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a real world example without doing the maths*,

My 85 4Runner had stock 4.10 and 31" 2.3 liter 5 speed (od)

When getting ready to re-gear and upside tires , I called Genuine Gear and told them what the oem setup was and that I was going to a 36" tire.

The guy I spoke with said hold on let me do the calculations, he came back and said I would need 5.29 for the 36s.

I did a test noting the engine rpms at 60 mph oem stock condition.

After the 5.29 and 36s , did the same 60 mph / rpm test.

It was only 50 rpm higher different than oem setup.

Even with 36s my 4Runner keeps in the Power Band running 5th gear. Literally runs faster than I feel comfortable driving it.

As a comparison, back in 1985 after I bought my 4Runner , I put 3" Lift and ran 12.50 x 15 x 33s on the oem 4.10 gears.

It struggled running 5th gear on any grade or pulling a small trailer with 2 dirt bikes on it. Summer trips from Dallas to Colorado sucked on the highway.
Not nearly as big of a deal with a 10 speed auto that more easily keeps you in the power range easier

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll disagree here and say for the $4000.00 you would be hard pressed to get:

-5 Bead lock capable wheels ~$1000
-5 35” tires mounted and balanced ~$1500
-wider finder flares ~$500
-lower gearing in auto ~$1000
-small lift to fit said larger tires ~$500

Now I know you could sell some of your takeoff flares, wheels and what not but you would also have invested your time into doing all the labor or paying someone to do the labor. Seems kind of a wash on that front to me.

YMMV

Seems like not so bad of a deal “if” you wanted 35’s and a small lift.
I am not getting the BL but I thought it was only 2500 to add it to the BL .

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone who is planning on using a beadlock will buy a set after market. Ford is forcing the cost into the package where 99% will never beadlock a tire. Might as well get a nitrogen fill in the tires for that extra $1000 cost over the stockers from the factory. The cost difference in the tires is what you need to look at, not the entire cost. Maybe $400 there and you get the hybrid mud tires when a lot of people will be better off with the KO2's.
Don't need the flares if you don't get the oversized tires
The gearing to the ground in a BL automatic is the same (~5% lower gearing, but ~5% smaller circumference tire than the Sasquatch with 4.70 gears, so a wash)

If you are going to life to get larger tires, why waste your money on buying the Sasquatch ones anyway? Even selling them is going to be a net loss, but I guess you could use those flares, but you would have paid $4000 for them and thrown away the rest of the stuff with a lift and a set of wheels/tires.
Mansquatch vs BL with the optional wheels and tires will have the following differences; under an inch more ground clearance and a slightly taller and wider tire on a 0.5" wider rim (both are beadlock capable)

For you it seems <1" of ground clearance and $450 of tire cost difference (for all 5 combined) is worth the $2400 (plus tax and any financing charges on that amount if you don't pay in cash for the truck). Congratulatons! You just bought a $2000 1" lift kit! While you believe that will come back to you in resale value, I am thinking that is a tad too optimistic on your part, but stranger things have happened.
I don't know how much your time is worth, but if I had spent as much time counting pennies & trolling other people's purchase decisions as you, I would already have an opportunity cost (net loss) equivalent to the value of the Sasquatch package on a BL. And yes, getting the lowest gearing is a benefit for resale or future upgrades.

As to the OP: It's a tough decision. The value is in what you want and what you plan to do with the truck. You get the max available options and gearing of the Bronco (minus a bit of ground clearance) with the sas. Even If you were planning to self-squatch a BL, I feel that getting it all done from the factory beats the minor savings of scrounging for and installing the parts yourself.

My decision was tougher. With my upgrade plans, and the fact that I wanted a manual (already comes with the lower gearing), SAS made less sense. But, I was very vocal about mansquatch and Ford came through, so I rewarded them. Plus, I won't be in a rush to buy or install my upgrades because I already have most of what I want from the factory.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Despite 4.10’s being perfectly fine in development of the Bronco. And still being perfectly fine for all generations of F-150 Raptors even the latest with factory 37’s

The 4.7 wasn’t even supposed to be a factory option it was slated for being a catalog item.
Sponsored