Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All,

My 2023 4 Door Badlands w/ Sas, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper, High Package just came in. Im starting to get cold feet because of the super high interest rates. I have excellent credit and can afford it and I still need to shop around to credit unions for a better rate than what is being offered from Ford. My dilemma is do I take delivery not knowing if I will have this opportunity again? Do I take delivery and try to sell and make $3-5k. Or just pass it by and chalk it up to bad timing as 6 months ago this would not have been an issue?
Sponsored

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You take and find ways to save the interest, ie big downpayment, good local credit unions of 3-5percent this week, or walk away. Also personally there is no point to just try to get a 55k loan. If you can, afford a bigger payment upfront and get torched by a bit of interest till you can pay it off, unless your convinced you can’t afford to since market is still iffy this year.

my FA is convinced Everything is on the up and up and we rebound from this small recession but I’m still not optimistic. Thus I will be moving liquid more as we get farther in the year if there is another setback.

thus putting more money on the Bronco for me seemed safe as I needed a all purpose vehicle for my life in my 30s and I didn’t want to bleed interest.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even if Ford offered you 0 for 36 like on certain vehicles a $60;000 bronco would run $1667/month..

You either need the Bronco or you don't. Dave Ramsay would tell you that until you have the hard cash in the bank keep driving your paid for Jeep.

I will tell you that if you need it buy or lease. Leasing gets you in at no higher than msrp as dealers cannot include ADM in a lease.

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want the Bronco then take it. I wouldn’t worry too much about the interest rates if you can afford it. If the rates drop you could always refinance it or pay it off if you can. Me personally I don’t understand how some people wait so long for a vehicle they ordered the way they wanted and then walk away because they’re getting 5% instead of 2 or 3.

4x4fun

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You won’t be making $3k or $5k. Market is soft and many dealers are stuck with their marked up broncos. That ship has sailed.

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would say if you cant afford something don't buy it. Expecting to get more cash when selling it in this market I think you would break even at best, don't forget you need to factor in sales tax with your ROI. If anything you could buy it, sell the hard top for cash, get someone's take off soft top and use that cash to help pay for the truck. But if your wondering about it becoming a financial burden you should buy it. You can always refinance once rates change, a lot of folks needing loans suggest credit unions. With rates as bad as they are in this case I would say a cash purchase would be ideal or your throwing money away on a high interest l loan.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were to finance a full $60k over 60 months - the difference in monthly payments between loans with interest rates of 3% vs 6% is about ~$80/mo, and ~$5k total interest over the span of the loan.

Edit: Just sharing the math. I thought it was relevant. Not intending to pass judgment... its just the numbers. That's it.

Last edited:

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

You won’t be making $3k or $5k. Market is soft and many dealers are stuck with their marked up broncos. That ship has sailed.
I was about to say. I had to sell my Everglade and barely cleared $1K after taxes. Its a big risk right now. I just turned down a SAS-BigBend with 2.7 and every option available, for MSRP, so not a good idea to flip anything other than a Raptor in my opinion.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A couple of guys older than me reminded me of what interest rates used to be when I was complaining the other day at work. Here's what I found:

Type of Credit1980198519901994199519961997199819992000
New automobiles (48 mos.)​
14.32%​
12.91%​
11.78%​
8.12%​
9.57%​
9.05%​
9.02%​
8.72%​
8.44%​
9.34%​

Now your finances are completely your own business, buy what you can afford and don't put yourself in a bind over a depreciating object. Saying that I'd look around at rates before you make a decision. If you have any military attachment look at NFCU and USAA, check with your work and see if they have a Credit Union or if you can borrow against your 40l for a lower rate and pay yourself back over time. You didn't mention trade or down payment, those help the bottom line on the loan and how long you want to finance.

Anyrate, good luck.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A couple of guys older than me reminded me of what interest rates used to be when I was complaining the other day at work. Here's what I found:

Type of Credit1980198519901994199519961997199819992000
New automobiles (48 mos.)​
14.32%​
12.91%​
11.78%​
8.12%​
9.57%​
9.05%​
9.02%​
8.72%​
8.44%​
9.34%​

Now your finances are completely your own business, buy what you can afford and don't put yourself in a bind over a depreciating object. Saying that I'd look around at rates before you make a decision. If you have any military attachment look at NFCU and USAA, check with your work and see if they have a Credit Union or if you can borrow against your 40l for a lower rate and pay yourself back over time. You didn't mention trade or down payment, those help the bottom line on the loan and how long you want to finance.

Anyrate, good luck.
I love history

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if Ford offered you 0 for 36 like on certain vehicles a $60;000 bronco would run $1667/month..

You either need the Bronco or you don't. Dave Ramsay would tell you that until you have the hard cash in the bank keep driving your paid for Jeep.

I will tell you that if you need it buy or lease. Leasing gets you in at no higher than msrp as dealers cannot include ADM in a lease.
B6G is not the best place for financial advice. I agree with the Dave Ramsey statement above.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B6G is not the best place for financial advice.
What?!?

We are EXPERT at everything we type into this forum!!

global supply chain, manufacturing processes, financial advice, love advice and, of course, wax. Pretty much anything you want to discuss.

Probably could cure cancer with our knowledge if we really wanted to.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember, interest rates are only going to go up for probably a long time.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were to finance a full $60k over 60 months - the difference in monthly payments between loans with interest rates of 3% vs 6% is only about ~$80/mo, and ~$5k total interest over the span of the loan.
Only $5k additional?

To a lot of people, $5k is a lot of money, and $80/month could be a deal breaker. I know the Bronco demographic is older and more affluent, so $5k more on a toy might not seem like a big deal. But I have been around long enough that I appreciate the value of $5,000, and can find better things to spend that on than finance charges.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What?!?

We are EXPERT at everything we type into this forum!!

global supply chain, manufacturing processes, financial advice, love advice and, of course, wax. Pretty much anything you want to discuss.

Probably could cure cancer with our knowledge if we really wanted to.
Don’t forget oil changes, turbos, Auto stop/start, And mods being over zealous on some members but not the same for others with the rules, oh
..and 500 threads of the same topic for each and every subject.

oh yea OP, buy the effin’ Bronco
Sponsored