First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first mod to my Sasquatch when I get it in 25 years is to get rid of the Goodyear tires. I had a set of duratracs on my 4Runner and they were freaking horrible! They whined at 5,000 miles like most of my tires have at 30k. Changed them out with some General Grabber AT’s and ran those for $30k+ with little noise at all. Several of my buddies swore off Goodyear years ago.
I know these are “MT’s” and that brings in noise on its own, but I do not like Goodyear’s. I almost went non-SAS just to get the BFG’s.
You may be right or may be not , but the K02's would be 11 pounds heavier and still throw rocks...
Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had KO2s for years and never had a rock/gravel problem.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before this, I had Toyo MTs for about 4 years. 0 issues even in this current driveway. But I will say the road noise was brutal on those. I'm just looking at tires and went out to use a screwdriver to get the rocks out from the treads lol.
I am sorry but these sasquatch MT are a fail, I ran 33" Copper STTs on my lifted FJ cruiser and the tread design ejected rocks, mud, snow out of the tread immediately instead of locking them in and then having them become a projectile on the freeway. Not only bad for the Bronco exterior but I am sure vehicles driving behind these tires are going to get vehicle damage as well.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
This cracked me up. I just picked up mine today and the design does seam lousy and I am guessing they will not wear well. I don’t want to spend more money so I’m probably gonna wear them out and then put the Nitto Ridge grapplers on them. That is what is on my truck and am happy with them.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
Are you serious Clark? :unsure:

Last edited:

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The downside of a gravel driveway... or rocks in the wild.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I expect to see a good number of used Broncos within a year on the market. They haven't delivered many but there are plenty of complaints of too noisy, leaks, rides rough, don't like the tires, etc. Add on the number of cheap lifts and levels that are going to make it ride even worse. People who didn't know what they are buying will be having second thoughts after a few months of ownership and the new wears off.
Having owned a jeep, this is part of the deal at least for me. Scratches, chips, dents. Off-road stuff.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going with un-Squatched Badlands.

Anyone know if the K02 BFGs throw rocks?
All tires of this type throw rocks. These aren’t as bad. The reason the GY tires throw rocks is due to the tread design and soft compound. They were submitted for 3 peak certification but didn’t get it. So I would say these tires will be pretty kick ass in snow and water.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hear Subarus have quiet tires that don’t throw rocks.
LOL I've had a bunch of Subarus that threw rocks. Got a ticket for not having mud flaps even. lol
Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires 13435510_995692433832808_4853814740747372773_n
Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.50.33 AM
Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires IMG_6498

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a lot has to do with the fender flares not being out far enough? Tires on my EB are more aggressive than squatch and it doesn't through them at my doors like the squatch tires do. My KO2s hold rocks too and fling them but no issues with those either.
Though the sasquatch flares are enormous, they taper at the bottom rear which seems to leave a perfect launch window toward the doors. A little extra material at the bottom like the video linked above shows should help!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been trying to find a Geo metro since the tires seem good on those.
Nah, my Metro tires are sticky and will throw gravel, too!
Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires IMG_20190723_163736411

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first mod to my Sasquatch when I get it in 25 years is to get rid of the Goodyear tires. I had a set of duratracs on my 4Runner and they were freaking horrible! They whined at 5,000 miles like most of my tires have at 30k. Changed them out with some General Grabber AT’s and ran those for $30k+ with little noise at all. Several of my buddies swore off Goodyear years ago.
I know these are “MT’s” and that brings in noise on its own, but I do not like Goodyear’s. I almost went non-SAS just to get the BFG’s.
The funny part is Goodyear says the "MT" in Goodyear Territory MT actually stands for "Maximum Traction", not mud-terrain. They're basically a hybrid all-terrain tire. Most companies call those X/T or R/T... but Goodyear gives it some obscure name... just to confuse everyone... I guess?

I was back and forth on the Sasquatch package for awhile, but one of the big reasons why I decided against it was because the Badlands non-Sas ships with BFG KO2s. Once those wear out I'll probably go with my trusted Milestar Patagonia, but always open to trying something new. Everyone seems to be big on these Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so I may give them a shot.
Sponsored